“Excellent Customer service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Customer service”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

For the price, no so bad. Attractive decor, friendly staff. My only complaint was that the driver for the hotel forgot and didn't pick up when I called from the shopping center to be picked up. But the manager came directly and even bought me supper to say she was sorry. he had turned off his phone. :( Not bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ccssvb, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Tamster312,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback. It is a pleasure to hear your transportation was well recovered by our Valet Manager. Thank you for the kind words regarding our friendly staff and attractive décor.

We hope to have you back here in Orlando downtown soon!!

Assistant Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed October 9, 2013

decent for what it is.
Its a little shop worn and bland, no recognition for Royall Ambassador, noisy AC but did what I needed
they gave me a suite but it was rigth next to the highway and my ear plugs I always carry came in handy
Dont think would go back

Room Tip: get roons away from elevators and busy street
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Igppres,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear your stay was not as satisfactory in regards to the AC and the highway noise. We train our employee well in understanding the importance of our IHG members and take pride in greeting them as well. However, Intercontinental Hotel is the only selected brand that participates in the Royal Ambassador Program, therefore our team will not have access in recognizing the Royal Ambassador membership. Furthermore, we are glad to see that you were upgraded to one of our popular suites for being an IHG Member.

If there is anything we can do to assist with future reservation, we certainly welcome you to contact us directly and it will be our pleasure to help with anything.

Kind Regards,
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Hotel is located centrally close to Orlando International Airport, Disney Theme parks and Outlet
shopping.Great Experience the staff was very friendly and professional.Hotel Room was very clean and
modern.Excellent food and service.

Room Tip: My room was close to the elevator and it was very quiet.
1 Thank Karim P
Dear Karim P,

It is very nice to know the hotel accommodation and location was suitable for you. Thank you for sharing the wonderful feedback and rating with us especially about the clean rooms and excellent food and service. We would certainly be glad to have you back for another round of a wonderful stay!!

Please contact us if you need anything, and we look forward to see you soon here at down town Orlando.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'd never stayed out a Crowne Plaza hotel throughout any vacations trips I've taken in the past. My first stay here was an excellent experience. I was checked in at a exceptional rate, there was no waiting around or issues with my check-in. The rep. at the front desk named Matthew made me feel like royalty. He was always asking how my day went, always had a smile on his face, was extremely polite and well spoken, and he would always make sure I was well taken care of. He jumped into action by calling me a taxi when he saw that I needed a ride to a local sporting event and educated me on all of the amenities that Crowne Plaza had to offer. The room itself was clean, smelt great, and had a perfect view of downtown Orlando. All of the housekeepers were very courteous and excelled at their job; every day after a trip out in the town I came to my room which was spotless and immaculate. I'll be staying at Crowne Plaza more frequently now when I travel and I can only pray that all of them are as great as the one in downtown Orlando. Thank you so much Crowne Plaza, Matthew, and housekeeping. You all are rock stars in my book. And somebody please promote Matthew to a manager. This guy is world class; he truly is that great at what he does.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank moises v
Dear Moises V,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear your experience with the hotel was excellent and receive elite service. Your kind words about Matthew and housekeeping are well appreciated. We do everything to makes sure all of our guest are well cared for and have everything they need to meet their goals. We also get very nice compliments on our rooms and our friendly helpful staff, and we are glad you had to chance to witness the true Crowne Plaza experience.

We welcome you to contact the hotel directly on your next visit, and it will be an honor to assist with any arrangement you might have.

Kindest Regards,
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I live about an hour outside of Orlando but decided to stay the night because I have a young daughter and we had to get an early start on Saturday in Orlando. WHAT A MISTAKE! When I booked the room the lady I spoke with noted that I wanted a quiet room away from the elevators and such- she was very curteous. When we arrived on Friday night I again mentioned at check-in that I wanted a quiet room and the desk person was accomadating. However as we approached the hotel parking lot there was a downtown event called Carnage going on and the music was soooo loud it was vibrating my car and the lobby glass. As we walked to the elevator I heard the front desk personel talking to someone on the phone saying how the music should stop around 130am. Yes we could indeed hear it in our room on the 6th floor on the opposite end. No problem though it stopped around 230am and I thought oh finally we'll get some sleep. WRONG!!! We were lucky enough to be in a room right beside a group of Carnage participants! So around 330am after countless slamming doors, screaming in the hallways and talking loudly in the room I called the desk to complain. The desk person Adam said Ill send security up- which I can only assume he did. Well it never stopped on and on and on all morning so I called again at 530am and I was told well they just went out to smoke- so clearly he knew who I was complaining about. Yet still again after I got NOOOOOO sleep and my daughter was awoke 4 times I personally had to go into the hall to yell at them. My recommendation is that if you have small children or come to the hotel for any reason except to party and stay up all night plan, on no sleep and no resolution from the hotel should you have a bad night. Just remember this review and should you stay here anyways youve been warned! By the way there is no need to respond to my review hotel management- you had your chance to stop the issue when it was happening and the chance to correct it at check-out yet you did neither so your response will be useless! PS readers- this horrible night was not compensated for, not that it would have fixed the problem since my child was a mess the next day and I drove home with no sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank ALC752013
ccssvb, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear ALC752013,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us. We regret to hear that your stay was inconvenience by the event and noised at the hotel. We do recognize that you requested no management response; however it is our goal to ensure all of our guests are well accommodated with any requests and arrangement for their stay. We are reaching out to you to for another chance to correct the experience and possibly have you back here for another stay arranged directly by the management team. If you like to discuss this in details, I welcome you to contact me directly at Catherine@downtowncrowne.com

Again, thank you for your helpful feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience in response to your complaint. It will be our pleasure to assist with any other concerns.

Kind Regards,
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Execellent service, very clean, extremely nice staff, felt very comfortable, excellent food and service. Had a very nice executive room..Cleaning staff did a fantastic job..location is excellent.. I will definitely go again on my next trip. Had a very nice time and the functions were very well organized by the friends and the staff were very helpful and professional.

1 Thank Alnoor H
Greetings Alnoor H,

We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with your stay specifically with the staff, restaurant, rooms and location. ! We get very nice compliments on our rooms, and our restaurant. All of the rooms at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown are meticulously maintained and offer the highest in amenities, including tile floors, granite countertops, wool carpets, real wood furniture and much more. We offer restaurant services from our Bite Bistro from 6:30am-11:00pm as well as In-Room Dining. The hotel also offers a 24hr fitness center and complimentary shuttle service every 30-minute from 7:30am-11:00pm, 7- days a week.

We hope to have you back at the Crowne Plaza next time you are in downtown Orlando.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is an amazing hotel. Everything about it was perfect, like the location, the staff, the service, rooms, etc. I was there for a good friend's 60th. birthday party and we had a blast. My favourite staff was Maria....YES
I am dying to go back again !!!

1 Thank Sal K
ccssvb, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Sal K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the lovely compliments especially about Maria. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the party as well!!

We welcome you to contact us directly on your next trip to Orlando and it will be our pleasure to assist with any arrangements.

Catherine B,