Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$114
HolidayInn.com
$173
$157
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$225
$202
Hilton.com
$89
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$177
$134
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$309
$247
$267
$239
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Orbitz.com
$458
Orbitz.com
All reviewsamway centerbob carrking suitecitrus bowlself parkingfree shuttlevalet staffwalk in showershuttle servicepool and hot tubclose to downtownbed was very comfortablethe hotel offerscoffee makerihgshutterscouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was really disappointed with my stay at the Crowne Plaza recently. First, I had no idea how sketchy the area around the hotel would be when booking. I felt like I needed to run into the hotel and definitely keep the doors locked in the car. The room was nice enough until I pulled the covers back on the sheets. The sheets were stained and had SEVERAL long hairs on them - not my hair. There was also a spider in the bed - can't really blame the hotel for that but I just got an overall skeevy feeling there. It was extremely noisy in the room. I felt like I was sleeping on the street because of all the car traffic and the train, yes train. Thankfully, we were only passing through and just spending a night there. I would not return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsar
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Lindsar,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our property, As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. I would like to apologize for the problems that you had experienced regarding the cleanliness of the room, location and level of noise you encountered. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate department where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Thank you for taking your time to inform us with this information. We hope to have the chance to serve you better again in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed there the W/E of march 30th. While a very nice hotel from the inside, you need to be careful where you go once you leave the hotel. One block in the wrong direction and you are in a less than desirable neighborhood. The lobby and room is nicely decorated. The bed very comfortable. There are serious noise issues that need to be address. The constant drone of cars on the Interstate can be heard at all hours of the night. Amtrak trains horn can wake the dead!!! Light could be seen shining thought the locked doors leading to a small balcony that was off limits due to guest safety issues. The door to the room also didn’t have a “tight seal” allowing noises to come thought all night long. At the end of our hallway there seemed to be a small banquet room that was being used by a wedding party. Loud drunken voices could be heard down the hallway up till around midnight. The food at the small lobby restaurant was ok, nothing special and much better could be found a few minutes away in the downtown Eola Lake area

Room Tip: if possible, try to get a room facing away fomr I-4
1  Thank hcarlock66
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear hcarlock66,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. We appreciate the compliments on our comfortable beds. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that on this day you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the level of noise encountered. We have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best resource of improving our services.

Again, I am grateful that you brought this matter into our attention. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future and provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I will start with the good - Most of the staff were friendly and helpful, I was upgraded to a suite which was huge Lounge, Kitchen 2 large flat screen tv's, nice bathroom with shower and bath. The bar was good with a good selection of meals and a happy hour early evening.
The bad - The windows have no soundproofing at all being next to a 10 lane highway there is always traffic noise. My rate included breakfast which turned out to be a very limited buffet breakfast I have had much better breakfasts free in a holiday inn Express definitely not Crowne Plaza standard.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gojoglobal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Gojoglobal,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you were satisfied with our hotel suites and friendly staff. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectation on this day especially with the level of noise encountered and breakfast. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer service. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The only good expierence was the front desk person Alecia who was very helpful,and pleasant. When I arrived at the hotel didn't mind that there was a wait to check in but was very disappointed that my room which in advance was booked was given away and had to wait over an hour to finally be given a room which Alecia was helpful and did the best that she could to take care of the situation. The A/C was not working in the room,and coffee pot did not work either. I think the worst thing is I find that I was charged more than what was stated would be charged for 1 night and when trying to call to inquire was hung up on 6 times I attempted to call one last time and asked to speak with a hotel manager and was hung up on again due to that expierence will not stay there again . And for the price of the hotel could have chosen one of the more upper scale hotel in Orlando.

1  Thank Catherine J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Catherine J,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am particularly appreciative about your comments about your comments on Alicia. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned. I apologize that you had some items that are not working in the room. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our amenities continually.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The room was very nice and cleaned on a daily basis. Staff were pleasant and friendly.the 14th floor was nice and quiet. The parking fee was $15 per night. A little steep considering what I paid in total. Other then that it was a great stay.

Room Tip: 14th floor was nice and quiet and a very nice downtown view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ccssvb, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Azul L

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words, especially about the cleanliness of the rooms and to hear that our staff was pleasant and friendly. We will certainly share your feedback with our team.

We welcome you to contact the hotel on your next visit back to downtown Orlando and we will be happy to assist with any arrangements.

Warm Regards,