“Crown plaza dowtown Orlando”

Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown
Ranked #89 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Crown plaza was a nice hotel. There was really niothing bad about it. However nothing really stood out. Nice rooms and friendly staff. The hotel is best if you are attending an event at the stadium. If you are planning to visit the parks or other sites you will need to drive quite a ways. The area near the hotel looks kind of seedy but I did not experience any problems.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank craig s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear craig s,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is my first time ever writing a review for a hotel, so the fact that I'm spending the time to do this should tell you all that you need to know about how incredible my stay was at the Crowne Plaza of Downtown Orlando. My room was clean, the bathroom was stocked with more than enough towels for my stay, and the wireless internet connected without any problems (that's important to me!). The staff was extremely helpful and kind and made me feel at home. I travel to Orlando often and after many bad experiences with other hotels, I finally found a place that makes me feel comfortable and provides me with everything I'm looking for in the Crowne Plaza of Downtown Orlando. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay and I will see you again soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan K
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I read the reviews and tried it anyway. Horrible noise level and partially ruined our vacation due to lack of sleep. I checked in and requested the side opposite the highway and the night clerk said 'Okay'. He failed to say, there are none. The hotel rooms are exposed to the highway no matter what. The quieter side (ha-ha) also has trains that switch cars in the middle of the night. Not worth losing sleep over this place. Abigale and the staff were wonderful and the accomodations were nice enough. The facility and its employees try hard to do the best they can, but the noise.....I went out and bought earplugs from an ammo store.

Room Tip: Take earplugs to sleep in
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank c1kikoman
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Greetings c1kikoman,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I am glad that you were happy about the hotel staff and the service they provided. I am sorry, however, to hear that you had trouble sleeping at our property. As far as room types go, we do have some that are further away from the city and also have a lake view which is something we can provide light sleepers and guests with noise sensitivity. We also provide earplugs complimentary to any guests who request them as well as whitenoise machines.

As I have mentioned in other responses, we are continuously working with the latest technology in the industry to greatly reduce any of the downtown sounds that might disturb a light sleeper such as yourself.

Thank you again for the comments. This feedback goes a long way in helping us improve the experience for future guests.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Poor welcome staff. Untidy and noisy room. Sleeping next to highway. Horrible service. Almost got my car towed. Front desk never told me to get a tag. Thanks I inquired myself after realizing that every car in the lot has a tag.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank GT_ATL
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Greetings GT_ATL,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I'm very sorry to hear that your guest experience was below your expectations. We take pride in our guest services agents and your comments will be brought to their attention. In the future if you can give more details about the specific issues that you had we would be able to address them more thoroughly.

As far as being distrubed by highway noise, we are able to move light sleepers to rooms that might have less of the city noise. We also offer white noise machines and ear plugs for light sleepers looking for more options.

I have spoken to valet about any recent towings and they confirmed that for the last 3 months there have been no incidents or risk of towing a guest vehicle. Typically we wiill notify the guest before hand if there is an issue. I apologize if there was any confusion about parking at our facility.

Feel free to call our hotel and ask for me specifically if you are willing to elaborate so I can put your comments towards the hotel's growth and improvement.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando. The first time was a couple years ago with some friends, and this time was to visit my husband when he was staying there on business. The room was great...very clean and spacious with a great bathroom. But the real reason to stay here is for the location since it's within walking distance of all the great places in downtown Orlando. This is our go-to hotel in downtown!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nice hotel, beautiful room. Only problem is the road noise! We didn't sleep at all, since it felt like we were sleeping in the middle of I-4. The next day we requested to change rooms. We moved to the other side of the building, and after stuffing towels in the cracks of the balcony doors we were able to get some sleep. We are not picky travelers. My idea of luxury is Hampton Inn. So we were not intimidated by the older area where the hotel is located. We chose this hotel because we were going to a Bowl game at the Citrus Bowl. It was just a few minutes' drive. The hotel offers a shuttle to many places. One other complaint is the configuration of the bathroom. They spent tons of money installing granite, multiple shower heads, etc. Really beautiful! But they didn't put a door on the bathroom. It's a saloon style swinging half door. So when I showered in the morning the noise and light woke up my husband...Weird...

Room Tip: Both sides of hotel face I-4. Just don't get room 601. Noisiest ever.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NYCtravelerApex_NC
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Greetings NYCtraveler,

Thank you very much for the feeback. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room overall. As far as the road noise I am sorry that your sleep was disturbed. We do offer solutions for light sleepers such as white noise machines and earplugs. Even the a portion of the hotel faces interstate 4 the other side of the property is a lake view that we can offer guests who do not want a city view.

As for the bathroom doors, the shutters are a specialty design for our king suite rooms only. The majority of our rooms have a typical door. The next time you stay at our property feel free to speak with our agents about any concerns such as bathroom type or location and we would be happy to assist you.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Nice hotel with a couple of minor draw backs. When making reservations, keep in mind that the hotel is located within the city limits of downtown Orlando, about 8 miles from Universal. First, the actual room given to me was very nice and clean. Pool was very small. The area where the hotel was situated was a bit rough, i would not recommend walking out after dark. Be warned that parking is $15 per night for self park and $20 for valet.

Room Tip: Front desk were very friendly.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Moose21014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Moose21014,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G