“Best service in Downtown Orlando”

Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown
Ranked #95 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Excellent location. Shuttle service was great. The staff was very friendly, polite and professional. The suites were aswesome, a bargain for the price paid. Will definitely recommend to others and will stay there in my next visits to downtown Orlando.

Room Tip: Don't know what other types of rooms they have, but the suites were awesome.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I travel often for both work and leisure and this is one of my absolute favorite hotels. I've lost count how many times I've stayed here. I've always found it clean and the staff always friendly. It seems like they make improvements to the hotel with each visit. This time, I got to enjoy the new pool deck and hot tub. I also noticed a free shuttle and renovated bar as well as a rental car agency onsite. I had a block of eight rooms for myself and for friends this visit and everyone was really impressed with how nice the hotel is and no one experienced any issues. It's an incredible location for being near Thorton Park, Lake Eola, Winter Park, College Park, etc. Kudos to Jenna at the front desk for always being so accommodating and welcoming. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: If available, the corner suites are incredible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thought it was a great value considering the amenities and convenience to downtown, which is what I needed, I have relatively few complaints. Comfortable rooms with nice TVs and free wifi, there is a lot to be said for that (nothing like paying a lot for a room then being asked to fork over more for Internet). Parking is extra and costly, but I didn't have a car so not an issue. A big plus is the hotel shuttle that runs downtown, theoretically within 3 miles. Saved me some money on cab fare, and running every 30 minutes it's actually faster than the local cabs, which are notoriously iffy. I didn't find highway or A/C noise to be an issue at all, but some people are more sensitive than others. Service was friendly and they always tried to assist, although execution was off. My coffeemaker didn't work, and a requested replacement never materialized. I could have asked again but it was a short stay and not a priority. Buffet breakfast was overpriced considering its quality, but that's fairly typical.

Room Tip: Views are good and noise perhaps less on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank E J
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel. I think the rooms and location make it a great value. The only complaint that I have is the noise from the highway, it is unrelenting, at least in room 701 and I assume in the odd numbered rooms. So if you stay you should ask to face away from the highway.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank seatbelt123
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I submitted a comment report to management with the following:

Hello,

Here are a few things I would like to mention so that maybe they can be addressed if we decide to stay with you again.

-We stayed on the 10th floor, the only vending area for ice was on the 2nd floor and nowhere is there any signage, directory, or room information card identifying where the vending is. We had to call the front desk and the front desk attendant answered my question regarding the location of the vending before I could finish, so he obviously gets those calls frequently.

-The shower head leaked badly and sprayed a small sprig of water laterally toward the center of the bathroom

-The desk chair had a gaping rip on the back

-The signal on the flat screen was really bad, so bad on all the channels that it really wasn't enjoyable

-The iron had a musty stench in the water reservoir, making my ironed clothes stink

-As a general suggestion, it would have been nice to have a ceiling light in the foyer area next to the bathroom, it was dark and made it difficult to see the we bar area and closet area

-The vent light under the microwave over the wet bar was burnt out

-The hallways were hot and humid/muggy

-Finally the thermostat was set to 65 degrees when we entered the room for the first time, so we turned it up to a reasonable temp of 74. This turned into almost 80 degrees and we woke up int the middle of the night in sweat becuase it was so hot. So it was either freezing or way too hot. The thermostat was inevitably broken.

I know this seems like alot of picky complaining but they are just things I noticed that if addressed would have made our visit a little more pleasurable. Thank you for reading.

-Nichelle

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ou8124af
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Greetings Nichelle,

Thank you so much for the valuable information. We have passed along all of your notes to the appropriate managers in each department. We have our housekeeping director inspecting all of our shower heads as a precaution based on your feedback. Our engineering department is also going through proactively to remedy any issues similar to what you experienced. I hope that the guest service from our agents helped to make your stay pleasant.

We look forward to you staying with us again so we can exceed your expectations. Thank you again for the feedback.

Austin A.
Assistant Director of Guest Services

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is not downtown, it is on the other side of 4 next to the Salvation Army.
There is nothing within walking distance and the area seems unsafe at night.
Parking was $13 per day in an area where there was plenty of space for there to be free parking but probably not a good idea to leave a car without a fence around it!
The room was fine and clean but the a/c would make really loud strange noises about every 2 hours all night long. When I mentioned at check out there was little response. Hope they fix it before the next person rents the room!
I would not recommend, much nicer places at less money in the true downtown area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Harrypacker
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Harrypacker,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual condition of the air conditioning unit in your room. I have taken note of your comments and will forward them to the maintenance department to be addressed accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Walking in the hotel I was pleasently surprised by the beautiful fountain in the lobby and decor. The room was clean, smelled good, and the bed was super comfortable! I even went to the gym in the morning and had a great workout. It was a in a good location and we didn't experience any hotel nightmares that normally happen. I would recommend this hotel 100 percent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family