“Pleasent and comfortable”

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta
“Pleasent and comfortable”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Walking in the hotel I was pleasently surprised by the beautiful fountain in the lobby and decor. The room was clean, smelled good, and the bed was super comfortable! I even went to the gym in the morning and had a great workout. It was a in a good location and we didn't experience any hotel nightmares that normally happen. I would recommend this hotel 100 percent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ChynnaTravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Location is very convenient, but the center of downtown is not really walking distance - especially during the night. The hotel offers a shuttle to downtown every 15 or 30 minutes and runs until about 11PM.

The rooms are excellent in size, elegance, and cleanliness. Staff is friendly and efficient. Self parking is $13 per day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rsosa7
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was hesitant in booking this hotel because it has been in Orlando for a long time and I did not like the area. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the hotel and found it to be completed renovated. I requested a suite for an upgrade and received exactly what I wanted. The room was very nice. A bar kitchen area, a L shaped couch, a comfy bed and a very nice bathroom. The view over looked the downtown area. We were there for two nights celebrating a friend's birthday and took advantage of their transportation. They have a van that will drop you off in the downtown area and will pick you up. The check in was fast and the front desk was very nice. We needed an extra blanket and received it within 5 minutes of calling downstairs. I will recommend the hotel to anyone coming to the Orlando area that would need to stay near downtown.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view. Either you can look at the downtown area or the Lake Ivanhoe area. Both views...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank lovelife40
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is my third time staying at this hotel and I absolutely love it. It’s the best value for the location. They have a free shuttle going to downtown, which is a bonus!

I stayed here over the weekend with a couple of my girlfriends and we had an absolute amazing time. The hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure that we had a great time. We hung out at the bar for a little bit before going downtown for the night and the bartender let us try some sample drinks and gave us some advice on where to go. To make things even better, the shuttle bus driver came to the bar to let us know that the shuttle was ready for us, but to take our time. We felt like we were being treated like royalty!

The rooms are very spacious and clean. We all slept well. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank crys94
Lady Lake
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is in downtown Orlando so its very convenient if you need to be in that location. It is a much older hotel. They try to maintain it, and it is clean, but to me it seemed to be old and somewhat run down. They do give free parking, but the fact they charge for parking at $13 for self per night, and more for the valet in this day and age is ridiculous. I was talking with two other guests that were very annoyed they do that as well. I cannot figure out why the Manager does not waive that policy. The restaurant food in my opinion was not very good at all. If you can get a really good deal and want to be in downtown by orange avenue then it is worth it. Otherwise, I think one can do better. I would give the hotel 2.5 starts at best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Harrison, Maine
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Crowne Plaza Hotel Orlando-Downtown was an amazing value. The service desk helped out with all my details. The room was clean and the bed was great. I slept well and had a wonderful experience. The location was easy to find and not too far from the airport. I would stay here again. Thank you Crowne Plaza Hotel Orlando-Downtown for a excellent night stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan H
Joseph M, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Dan H,

I'm very pleased to hear that you had such a great time as our guest recently. I hope that you had the opportunity to utilize some of our amenities like our beautiful pool and hot tub area or grad a bite to eat in the Bite Bistro and Wine bar while you were here. And if not, I'm sure you will next time you visit Orlando.

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent trip.

Best Regards,
Joseph Meuse
Assistant Director of Guest Service
Douglas, Georgia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

First off, let me just say that I loved this hotel. The beds slept amazingly, just like all other Crowne Plazas. I love the Crowne Plaza chain. The rooms were somehwat quiet, the only thing I heard was a baby crying next door. The pool is somewhat small, but this is a business hotel, not a resort. The bad part though...I walked into the hotel to make a reservation because I was already in Orlando and just left an AWFUL hotel and needed a nicer place to stay. I checked the Holiday Inn app on my phone (they are all part of the IHG) and it said there was a room with 2 beds available. I got to the hotel and spoke with the gentleman at the front desk and he told me there was no room with 2 double beds available, that I had to get a suite or a room with 1 king bed. I didn't say anything, I just left. As soon as I left I called Crowne Plaza reservations (1-800-2CROWNE) and they said there was a 2 bedded room available. I made the reservation with them. I went back to the hotel & spoke with the same guy at the front desk who said, and I quote, "Sir, weren't you just here" I said yes and explained to him I made my reservation with the 800 number. He then stated "Oh, you must have just caught a cancellation becuase you have a 2 bedded room." I DOUBT THAT I CAUGHT A CANCELLATION. There was availability before and after I went physically to the hotel, he just didn't want me to get a room. That was very rude! The hotel is very nice though. When you go to make your reservation though, call the 800 number, don't depend on the front desk staff, they are obviously incompitent. Avoid them at all costs. Also, I called down for towels, which took 25 minutes to get to my room. I had to call a second time because they never came.

Room Tip: Higher floor, the better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Joseph M, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear CM90,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I can definitely understand your frustration and I'm very sorry that we were unable to provide the room type requested immediately when attempting to make a reservation at the front desk. Unfortunately we are a business hotel in downtown Orlando so we have the majority of a rooms with large luxurious king size beds and quite frequently on the weekends or concert nights at the Amway Center we can run out of rooms with two queen beds. And while you may have been able to book this with our central reservations department and not our front desk is very likely either due to cancellation or someone changing their room type via the phone or internet and even though we wish it was instantaneous, our system does not update automatically with the central reservations system immediately and can take a little while before we see the changes.

Please feel free to contact me at Joseph@downtowncrowne.com or 407-843-8700 as I would like the opportunity to speak with you further.

Best Regards,