Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Eo Inn(Orlando)
View Hotel
All reviewsamway centerbob carrking suitecitrus bowlself parkingfree shuttlevalet staffwalk in showershuttle servicepool and hot tubclose to downtownbed was very comfortablethe hotel offerscoffee makerihgshutterscouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2011

If you're a light sleeper, definitely be forewarned that this place is noisy. What the other reviewers have said is true. It's right on the highway so you can hear the traffic noise all day and all night long. We had requested a room on the quieter side of the hotel, but weren't offered that when we arrived. We were only there for one night for a concert downtown, so we just dealt with it. It wasn't a big enough deal to us to request a different room.

This place offers a free shuttle which will take you within a 3 mile radius. That's how we got downtown for our concert, and it was great. However, when we called to be picked up afterwards, we could never find the shuttle driver. The front desk told us to wait at a specific spot, and by the time we made our way to that spot, the shuttle driver wasn't there, or had already left. However, It was really chaotic and crowded at that hour on a Saturday night, so I don't fault them at all for that one. My husband and I ended up just walking back to the hotel, which was fine because it's fairly close to downtown.

Other than that, the hotel was clean and comfortable, and the employees were nice. They had great rates compared to the other hotels in the area, so it was a good choice for us. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but if I was staying for more than 24 hours, I might try to ensure that I got a room on the quieter side of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JDubbz
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

We greatly appreciate you for choosing the Crowne Plaza on your recent trip to Orlando. Our shuttle driver has a radio with them at all times. We do our best to locate every guest needing a pickup. With road closures and crowds from all of the major events this sometimes becomes challenging. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff and your comments have been forwarded to all. Thanks again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown.

Kind Regards,
Jenna Muth
Director of Guest Services
407-241-1251

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I was looking for a 4 Star hotel. Normally 4 star hotels are clean, attractive with great and amenities and services. I booked the hotel downtown because the hotel had no resort fees and free parking. However, when I got there the valet attendant told me I would have to pay for the parking of $10 per night. "I booked a 7 night stay". He further told me they changed to pay parking a few months ago and they could not honor anything I was given when I booked the hotel. I immediately went into the hotel to speak with the registration clerk. I must say she was very nice and did honor the free parking. in addition, we had plan 1 day to be at the hotel and lay around the pool, however there was no pool and the hotel web site nor the online site I used mentioned that the pool was in renovation as well as the restaurant was closed and a make-shift cafe was set up with a limited menu. Did I tell you about the room. Our room looked like it had not been used in a while. dust was everywhere. when we open the drawer not sure what was in the drawers but something that was black/brown was present. Thank God we had brought colorox wipes and cleaned out the drawers and off the cabinets. the headboard had something white on it and we cleaned it up. Please let me tell you. If I could have gotten my money back I would not have stayed there. I was really disgusted with Crowne Plaza by this time. However, it did not end there. The next day when we were up taking a shower. a roach was in the shower as well. I was very upset. I asked to be moved to another room. The clerk asked if the roach was big or small!! I was like what do you mean big or small! I asked her if this was common occurrence and she said no but why would she ask how big the bug was? They wanted me to move in another room on the same floor. All I could say was 'really" and then requested to be moved to a different floor. We moved to another floor and I can say from that point on our stay was fine. We just realize we made a big mistake staying here at this hotel and should have stayed closer to Disney World. Here we were on vacation and all Crowne Plaza could offer me was a bed to sleep in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Camarynok1
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown. I apologize the information about parking was not given to you prior to your arrival. The hotel did implement a charge for parking beginning January 30th, 2011. Included in the rate for parking is a convenient location, overnight security, 24 hour bellman assistance, as well as our complimentary shuttle that runs within three miles of the hotel. I am glad we were able to honor the information you were given at time of booking. The Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown has never had a pool. We are currently still in the process of constructing the pool. Our hotel website does specify our pool is being constructed and we do not currently have one in operation. All third party websites should reflect this information as well. Our restaurant had its grand reopening yesterday and apologize you were unable to enjoy it to its fullest. The housekeeping concerns in which you have mentioned have all been brought to our executive housekeeper and will be handled accordingly. As far as the pest issue you have mentioned, our agent was instructed by our pest management company to gain more information as all pest issues are taken of utmost importance. Please feel free to contact me as I would be very happy to discuss this with you and to have an opportunity to invite you back to exceed your expectations.

407-843-8700

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Prior to staying at this hotel I read the reviews and in particular the remarks concerning the excessive noise. Like all other reviews I took the noise complaints with a "grain of salt", but in retrospect I have to say they were right on the mark! As forwarned by the reviews, the French doors, the plantation blinds, the proximity of the highway and the trains all contributed to making a good night's sleep next to impossible for me. If you stay here try to get a room on the south side of the building at the very least (odd #'ed rooms), and if possible on the opposite side of the building from the highway (room #'s ending with 10 or higher). Aside from that, the room was comforable and well appointed, and if you have a vehicle getting to the stores and restaurants is only a short drive along Colonial Rd. Oh, the swimming pool is still under construction!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank FLOTUS_29

Thank you for choosing The Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown. We have 2 great options for room types. Our north facing rooms are beautiful lake view rooms. Our south facing rooms overlook the city. Both of which are excellent options. We are a short drive from major shopping as well as attractions. I would also like to point out our complimentary shuttle that runs within 3 miles of the hotel. Our swimming pool is an exciting new addition and we are patiently waiting our Grand Opening. We hope to have you back very soon.

407-843-8700

Reviewed June 24, 2011

My wife and I just stayed at the Crowne Plaza, I was there attending a confrence and my wife went along for the ride. The hotel was very comfortable, we were given a lovly suite with a large sitting area and wet bar. The place looks like it was just renovated. The hotel was in a good spot for shopping which my wife took full advantage of while I was in meetings. We went to Church Street Station one night and had a blast. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and made us very comfortable. I would highly recommended this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thank you so much for you kind words regarding our property. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of our hotel to the downtown location. We hope your travels to Orlando bring you back with us.

michael@downtowncrowne.com

Reviewed June 21, 2011

The service, rooms, amenities and location were all great. But most important to me, was the service. I conducted a Region Meeting there, and did not anticipate some needs I would have. Every time I called, they were RIGHT ON IT - with a smile!!! I will absolutely be back should I ever have the need again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

We are so glad to hear that your meeting at The Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, "The Place to Meet," was a positive one. We always encourage feedback and are very pleased you enjoyed our meeting space as well as service. We are also pleased we were able to assist with those items that were unexpected. If your travels bring you back to Orlando we would love to provide for your meeting at, “The Place to Meet!”

Assistant Director of Guest Services