“A great experience!!!!”

Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown
Ranked #89 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We recently attended a family wedding in Orlando and the host family booked a block of rooms at the Crowne Plaza. We booked our room online and then read several of the Tripadvisor reviews. After reading some of the negative comments, I was a little concerned about staying there. My worry was totally needless--the experience was wonderful. I had read about noise, light polution through the shutters and smells in the rooms--we did not experience any of those problems. There was a packet in the room with earplugs, eye shades and linen spray, none of which was needed. We live in the country so I thought that being next to the interstate would be a problem--we did not hear any traffic noises either night we were there and the shutters totally darkened the room. The staff was wonderful and I would certainly stay there again. A big thanks to Crowne Plaza for a delightful weekend.

Room Tip: Join their travel club.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kasey47
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

We are so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown. A lot of our guests find our sleep amenity package one of our added values. We also thank you for becoming a Priority Club Member. As you will find the rewards are limitless. We hope to see you back with us and if we may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

I love this hotel and the Crowne Plaza as a chain in whole. Every time I travel to Orlando I stay here, and I travel there often, since 3/4 of my family is there. Its not exactly by the airport but its right downtown were eveything is anyways. The rooms are elegant and most of all roomy, and everytime I stay there, I ask for a complimentary upgrade and they usually upgrade me to a suite, and they are sweet.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

We are so glad you got to enjoy one of our complimentary upgrades. We always do our best to upgrade our Priority Club Members. Our suites are very roomy and so glad you were able to enjoy one. We hope you travels bring you back to us real soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel six times in the last year, but this is the last time. After each time I stayed before, I convinced myself that the low rate and free parking I was getting made it worth dealing with any of the host of problems with this hotel, such as 1) The hotel no longer claims that the rooms are as quiet as any hotel; they simply provide ear plugs to every guest (some idiot years ago replaced all of Kemmons Wilson's infamous sliding doors on the outside of every room with even worse quality "french doors" that have no sound or weather insulation, so you hear every car, truck, motor cycle, train, and barking dog in a one-mile radius all night); 2)There are no curtains, just "plantation shutters" that don't keep light out, so the hotel also provides eye masks for every guest; 3) some rooms have a funky odor, so the hotel provides a little bottle of linen freshener; 4) It takes a while to realize that the new-looking thermostat on the wall isn't really functional (you still have to squeeze between the bed and the wall to operate the AC unit); 5) there is usually only one person working in the cafe in the morning, so plan on at least an hour to finish breakfast. So, as i said, I kept giving this hotel second chances until now -- I arrived today and found out that they are now charging $10 for self-parking! Well, they will get that $10 from me today, but not the hundreds they would have gotten from six more stays later this year. When I complained to the front desk man, he told me it was a standard policy now with all downtown hotels. That is unfortunate for me and for them, because there are a lot of hotels that we can choose from in Orlando that don't stick you with a parking fee after you arrive, and I, and others, will take business elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JMP30324
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Dear JMP30324,

Thank you for your review. I would like to first of all apologize for the poor night’s sleep you encountered and our parking fee which was implemented January 30th, 2011. I understand the frustrations that can occur when someone has expectations and those are neither met or exceeded. The items in which you found on your bed upon arrival are Crowne Plaza Standards. This is part of the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program which can be found in all Crowne Plaza's. This is inclusive of an eye mask, earplugs, and a lavender spray. The lavender spray is to spray the linens as lavender has been found to be calming and assist with sleep. We are always looking for opportunities to increase our guest service and experience. Therefore our property found that with the implementation of the $10 parking fee we also include value added amenities such as; overnight security, secure parking, a complimentary shuttle, and 24 hour bell assistance was beneficial. With any downtown location it presents the ability to improve and we appreciate your comments.

If I may be of any assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

I travel frequently and rarely do I take the time to write a review, but my stay at this hotel deserved my time to give them an excellent review.

From the time I checked in, "NO WAIT", and the front desk person treated me like I was important, How rare is that, these days??

The room was spotless,the towels were so soft. Also the food in the restaurant was very good, I actually ate there every night. I felt like I was at home.
.Everyone at the Hotel Staff always greeted me and ask how was my stay, or if I needed anything.

Even though I was in Orlando for business, I will make sure and come back to this hotel and refer any and all of my family and clients

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear bonnie0918,

Thank you so much for your pleasant review. We strive for excellence and satisfaction. We enjoy providing outstanding service for all of our guests.

If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

Interior of hotel and room were nice and modern. Room was spacious and comfortable. Some noise from I4 but not a particularly bothersome. AC went out at 4 am and we awoke sweating. Staff was nice. Downside was that there was a homeless shelter around the corner and lots of homeless around the hotel block. I didn't feel particularly safe exploring by foot. Wanted easy downtown access. Used free shuttle service to go out (ran until 11 pm) but needed to take cab home ($10). Just on other side of I 4 from downtown bars, restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Ebbs2011,

Thank you so much for choosing the Crowne Plaza Orlando Dowontown. I am glad you were able to enjoy our beautiful rooms. With any large metropolitan area the territory can have its signs of challenges. I would like to reassure you our hotel is a very safe property and do have a gated lot, on staff security, and staff 24 hours to assist you.

If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed at this hotel one night, and one night only! My favorite hotel, Hilton Orlando, was sold out and my travel agent persuaded me to stay here until rooms opened up at the Hilton. What a disaster. All night long, I heard traffic from I-4 and railroad/train sirens. The room was extremely dusty, hairy and had a white crusty film on the leather head boards. Attempted to call the front desk to complain, but got no response. Even called the hotel manager's hotline as instructed on the welcome letter placed in room, never heard back. I have no desire to stay at another Crowne Plaza in Orlando, Florida.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2011

My family chose this Hotel in Downtown Orlando for its close proximity to the Amway center. The Amway Center is actually a 6 block walk away (at night in downtown Orlando) the front desk gave us times for the shuttle but failed to mention that you need to make reservations due to limited seating.
One of the elevators was broken and the hotel was fully booked, this meant a 20 minute wait for the elevator. We had booked a 2 room suite and ended up with one room with a queen size bed and a small twin size pullout couch for a family of 4.
There is also no pool and we ended up missing personal items from the hotel upon checkout.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear AK2Flmom,
We do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Our hotel shuttle is based on a first come, first serve basis due to the fact that it is a complimentary shuttle service with limited seating. Our driver's do their best to accommodate to the many requests of our guests and we are trying to find a simple solution involving pick up/drop off services that we offer. Your feedback is very helpful for improving this service.
The elevator, which is now fixed and working, had became inoperable over the time of your stay. We tried our best to have it fixed as soon and we are sincerely sorry that you had an awful experience with having to wait, seeing that we were sold out that weekend.
On very rare occurrences, our reservations center or on-line website do oversell our hotel and all our staff do their best to meet with all the guests requests. We apologize again that you did not get the rooms requested.
As we are very concerned about your items, we would like to request more information. Did you mention to the front desk at check out that there were items missing from your room? Did we take it in to action and check with housekeeping about this incident? We trust our staff to be honest and loyal to the Crowne Plaza Hotel and all of our guest, so this is a surprise that something like this would occur.
Aside from the inconveniences we would like to have you back as our guest again at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Downtown Orlando. We are in the process of renovating out restaurant and having a pool build in for our guest to appreciate. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to arrange for a day that your are available to give us a second change at showing you our "WOW" factor!

Jenna Muth