“Excellent choice”

Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown
Ranked #89 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I travel frequently and rarely do I take the time to write a review, but my stay at this hotel deserved my time to give them an excellent review.

From the time I checked in, "NO WAIT", and the front desk person treated me like I was important, How rare is that, these days??

The room was spotless,the towels were so soft. Also the food in the restaurant was very good, I actually ate there every night. I felt like I was at home.
.Everyone at the Hotel Staff always greeted me and ask how was my stay, or if I needed anything.

Even though I was in Orlando for business, I will make sure and come back to this hotel and refer any and all of my family and clients

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Dear bonnie0918,

Thank you so much for your pleasant review. We strive for excellence and satisfaction. We enjoy providing outstanding service for all of our guests.

If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,
Michael Ridgewell
michael@downtowncrowne.com
407-241-1244

Reviewed April 2, 2011

Interior of hotel and room were nice and modern. Room was spacious and comfortable. Some noise from I4 but not a particularly bothersome. AC went out at 4 am and we awoke sweating. Staff was nice. Downside was that there was a homeless shelter around the corner and lots of homeless around the hotel block. I didn't feel particularly safe exploring by foot. Wanted easy downtown access. Used free shuttle service to go out (ran until 11 pm) but needed to take cab home ($10). Just on other side of I 4 from downtown bars, restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Ebbs2011,

Thank you so much for choosing the Crowne Plaza Orlando Dowontown. I am glad you were able to enjoy our beautiful rooms. With any large metropolitan area the territory can have its signs of challenges. I would like to reassure you our hotel is a very safe property and do have a gated lot, on staff security, and staff 24 hours to assist you.

If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,
Michael Ridgewell
michael@downtowncrowne.com
407-241-1244

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed at this hotel one night, and one night only! My favorite hotel, Hilton Orlando, was sold out and my travel agent persuaded me to stay here until rooms opened up at the Hilton. What a disaster. All night long, I heard traffic from I-4 and railroad/train sirens. The room was extremely dusty, hairy and had a white crusty film on the leather head boards. Attempted to call the front desk to complain, but got no response. Even called the hotel manager's hotline as instructed on the welcome letter placed in room, never heard back. I have no desire to stay at another Crowne Plaza in Orlando, Florida.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2011

My family chose this Hotel in Downtown Orlando for its close proximity to the Amway center. The Amway Center is actually a 6 block walk away (at night in downtown Orlando) the front desk gave us times for the shuttle but failed to mention that you need to make reservations due to limited seating.
One of the elevators was broken and the hotel was fully booked, this meant a 20 minute wait for the elevator. We had booked a 2 room suite and ended up with one room with a queen size bed and a small twin size pullout couch for a family of 4.
There is also no pool and we ended up missing personal items from the hotel upon checkout.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear AK2Flmom,
We do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Our hotel shuttle is based on a first come, first serve basis due to the fact that it is a complimentary shuttle service with limited seating. Our driver's do their best to accommodate to the many requests of our guests and we are trying to find a simple solution involving pick up/drop off services that we offer. Your feedback is very helpful for improving this service.
The elevator, which is now fixed and working, had became inoperable over the time of your stay. We tried our best to have it fixed as soon and we are sincerely sorry that you had an awful experience with having to wait, seeing that we were sold out that weekend.
On very rare occurrences, our reservations center or on-line website do oversell our hotel and all our staff do their best to meet with all the guests requests. We apologize again that you did not get the rooms requested.
As we are very concerned about your items, we would like to request more information. Did you mention to the front desk at check out that there were items missing from your room? Did we take it in to action and check with housekeeping about this incident? We trust our staff to be honest and loyal to the Crowne Plaza Hotel and all of our guest, so this is a surprise that something like this would occur.
Aside from the inconveniences we would like to have you back as our guest again at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Downtown Orlando. We are in the process of renovating out restaurant and having a pool build in for our guest to appreciate. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to arrange for a day that your are available to give us a second change at showing you our "WOW" factor!

www.cporlandodwtn.com

Reviewed March 21, 2011

We spent 3 days at the Crowne Plaza - it wasn't worth the price.
First, the dining room was unsanitary. Our breakfast waiter droped a dish with toast and butter. The next morning the shards and the butter, now encrusted on the floor, were still there as well as yesterday's trash beneath the table next to us. Despite there being only a few patrons, used plates and dishes at the tables remained unbussed for over an hour. One morning we were advised that the dining room had no cream, no milk, and no creamora.
While our room was spacious and very clean, the two nightstand light bulbs were burnt out. Additionally, the alarm clock had not been reset to daylight saving time - Good thing we didn't have to rely on it for a flight.
We "think" there was a fire evacuation of the hotel one evening. We don't "know" for certain because we never heard a fire alarm. We did, however, hear the manager over the PA system advise residents that they could now return to their rooms. That was reassuring!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2011

Thank you for your time in letting us know about your recent stay with the Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. The Food & Beverage management is aware of your experience and has taken action by consulting the servers and staff in regards to better service, inventory and cleanliness of our restaurant.
The Front desk inserted a letter for all arriving guests, informing them at check in that there was a day light saving time change. Housekeeping is now aware that for future day-light savings time change to be sure that all clocks are up to date and correct in all vacant rooms.
During your stay, we had a minor smoke alarm isolated on a single floor that alerted guests with a short signal. It is hotel policy to relay the message to all guests that there was not a true threat to the hotel and send out apologies for the interruption.
Again, thank you for your concern and letting our hotel know how we can better serve you and our other guests, as best as we can. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We would love to have you again in the future. Have a great day.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

The purpose of this trip was an overnight stay as we were seeing a show at the Bob Carr Theater and then heading into downtown Orlando for the nightlife. I live in Orlando, but a $70 cab ride away from this part of town.

I actually booked this hotel through a British website (I am originally British and still have UK credit cards) and got the hotel for less than half the price that it was selling for on US sites.

The hotel location is great, for the nightlife of Downtown Orlando/Thornton Park, you are just the other side of the interstate and the hotel almost backs up to the Bob Carr Theater and teh new Amway Center, both are less than a five minute walk away. The hotel does have a free shuttle that will take you to any local venue, which we chose not to use.

We arrived later in the day, at around 7.30pm and the lobby area was rather busy. Teh front desk is very small and the two agents were both busy and it caused a bit of congestion.

We were shocked when we were told that they didn't have any rooms, they were waiting for an updated list from housekeeping for rooms that had been cleaned. If this was lunchtime, I would understand, but at 7.30pm, it seemed unusual, and we were running behind schedule. Alex, the check in agent, however, was amazing. Very friendly and informative and clearly not happy with the situation of us having to wait.

Eventually we got to the room. (After about a 15 minute wait) And everything seemed good. We only had time to drop our bags and run. We did notice a small welcome bag on teh bed which had airline style sleep visors and ear plugs in. Not having stayed in a Crowne Plaza before, I just thought it was what they did.

We came back to the room late, crashed into bed and then woke the following morning.

That is when we realized what the welcome bag is for. I am a heavy sleeper (And may have had a few drinks the night before) and so I slept well, but when I woke up, the first thing I noticed was the noise. The hotel is right alongside the I4 interstate and you can hear teh traffic. This was a Sunday so the road was quieter and traffic starts later, but knowing the area, I know that this section of the I4 is congested from about 6am on a weekday morning. Also, the rooms do not have blackout curtains - just plantation style shutters, that fail to block out the light. So if you are a light sleeper, this is not the hotel for you.

Overall, we needed somewhere to sleep and nothing more - the location was perfect and the staff were friendly, especially Alex.

Parking is in an open lot next to the hotel and is charged at $10 per night, or $15 for valet.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Hello Oceanmatt,

On behalf of the Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando Team, we thank you for being our guest in March, 2011. We are glad to hear you had a great night in downtown Orlando and thank you for your kind words about our associates.
It is a shock that you had a delay of 15 minutes at check in, we apologize for any inconveniece this had caused. Although there is no excuse for the inconvenience, our housekeeping department puts in every effort to ensure all rooms are emmaculate for our guests. which may cause a delay at check in.

If you are returning for a night out on the town in the near future, please reach out to me personally and we will ensure VIP treatment at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

We were shopping for a place for a Family reunion and when we saw the Crowne Plaza, we knew we do not have to look further. Their lobby is great and their banquet room is very spacious. We would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends