“Good and close.”

Ranked #11 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Boca Raton, FL
“Good and close.”
Reviewed August 13, 2009

The hotel itself is really nothing to write home about. The rooms are fair and the bed is cozy. There was no mini fridge but no biggie. There was both wired and wireless internet access in the room so that was nice. I thought the 10 dollars for continental breakfast was a little much considering you have to pay to park your car there as well. Overall though a well priced hotel in downtown Orlando. It's about 6 dollars for a cab ride to the center of the downtown district. Close to I-4 and close to tons of restaurants. I might not stay here for an extended amount of time but for those short trips or over-nighters it's money well spent.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StartingOurTravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
BOCA RATON
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Recently I visited the Courtyard by Marriott located in downtown Orlando due to business trip. Fortunately, I only had to spend one night. The hotel is located in a less than desirable area of the downtown a few blocks from the bus station and right off Orange Blossom Drive. Lucky for the Courtyard, I arrived at night-otherwise, I would have been able to cancel my reservation and kept driving to another hotel. The hotel appears to be a typcial Marriott Courtyard. However, when I stepped into the room I was made by a strong strange odor that smelled like a combination of disinfectant and hair gel or spray. But for the fact that it was fairly late, I would have complained. In retrospect, I should have complained. The room was very worn and in desparate need of refurbishing. The toilet handle had to be held to flush the toilet and generally, I did not feel as though I was in a clean room. Such fact was confirmed the next day when I developed an itch on my chest only to determine that I had what appeared to be bed bug bites. Not very pleasant. On top of all of that, the parking lot is not very well lit and I was somewhat concerned that my car would disappear overnight. Fortunately it did not. Next time I travel to Orlando and need to stay downtown, I will gladly pay a few extra dollars to stay at the Grand Bohemiam.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Chittenango, New York
Reviewed April 25, 2009

A decent Courtyard, although really nothing to write home about.

Its a big facility. There's two elevators, one at each end of the hotel. Nonetheless, you need to walk a little ways to actually get to your room.

Free laundry. A nice touch.

Restaurant/bar looked nice, although I never ate there. Nice exercise room with several treadmills. Decent looking pool/hot tub.

Location is a tad far from downtown. Its probably a mile to Church Street. Not really in walking distance. If you want to walk to downtown, stay at the Embassy on Pine Street.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Everett, Washington
Reviewed February 18, 2009

The hotel is a great place. It has a lot of options. The food at the hotel is great. The hours of the in-house restaurant is quite reasonable. The layout of the room is quite beautiful. The view of the room is quite pleasant even if you are on the less presentable say of the building. Checking in and Checking out is quick and painless. The internet is is fast and easy to access. This hotel also offer the option of wired and wireless. This is the first time I found this available at a hotel. I was quite impress. The hotel had a lot of parking. The only problem I have with the parking situation was that there was only two ways to get into the hotel which makes the walk to your room a little longer than it has to be. The neighborhood is nice. I did not get a feeling like I was endanger or not safe walking around. The cost of the hotel was good for the location. I normally do not go hotel do to location, but after my partner insist on staying there, I was able to enjoy my stay. I recommend the hotel if you want the location at a good value.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2008

We stayed here for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The hotel was clean and quiet, it had free internet, coffee & washing machines. The fitness centre was new or very well maintained and it had a nice spa and small pool.

The staff were always freindly and corteous and breakfast was great - huge selection and great value.

You could walk to downtown (Church St) in 15 mins and there were plenty of places to eat drink nearby. It is also right next to an exit of the I4 which makes getting around by car very easy.

I would definitely stay here again if returning to Orlando

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RRS99
Portland, OR
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised with the Courtyard Marriott Downtown. The staff was so helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable as you would expect at a Marriott. Our room faced the 7-11 next door but I never heard a peep despite being concerned about it. I didn't find the walk downtown to be bad at all- probably about 15 minutes to nice restaurants- and felt safe in the neighborhood. I will absolutely stay here the next time I'm in Orlando- it's a great value.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank jerri_a
Boston
Reviewed March 12, 2008

This hotel is listed as downtown but it is a good mile to the entertainment district of downtown Orlando (Church St.). Not a bad walk during the day, actually quite scenic, but kind of sketchy at night. The hotel itself is clean and quiet. The staff is nice enough but not familiar with the area. The fitness center is under renovation also and looks to be a while before it is complete.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)