“a very good Courtyard”

Ranked #10 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Alexandria, Va.
“a very good Courtyard”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The front desk staff of Judy & Jorge were very helpful and accommodating. If you need to be near downtown Orlando this hotel is a very good recommendation. The whole facility has been updated and is very pleasant inside. They now charge a fee for parking but the good news is it is secure and very convenient.

Green Features: I would prefer real light bulbs! This hotel and all the Marriott's seem to think travelers do not read anymore
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
New Jersey
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here on business recently and found the hotel itself to be very nice. The room was comfortable, the exercise area had great equipment, and the cafe area was very nice. The downside is that there were no restaurants within walking distance and those within a short drive weren't great either. I'll find a better location next time, which is too bad since the hotel itself is great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hello HaveWineWilTravel,

Thank you for providing your feedback about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you thought our hotel was great. Sorry to hear that the location was not what you exactly needed. We know that we are not surrounded by many restaurants, however our Bistro is open all day from 6 am to 7 pm to serve you. We also now have a shuttle available Monday to Friday. From 7 am to 10 am and 4 Pm to 7pm. The shuttle is available to take our guest to many destinations in the downtown area.
We do appreciate you staying with us and hope that we will see you again. Thank you and have a great day.
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Back in early 2013, I found that I had to travel to Orlando once a quarter for face to face meeting with my colleagues from around the State. Since we were meeting at a location only three blocks from this hotel, I booked my first stay. Coming off of I-4 onto Colonial then Magnolia where the hotel is located made it a snap to get to. Overall impressions were good, there was a lively group in the bistro off the lobby. They served mixed drinks and food and Starbucks thru the day. My first night around midnight I got to feeling hungry and went down to the front desk to find a place where I could go. The front desk said no worries, and he took me to the dining area, opened it up for me and offered me any of the food that was in the refrigerator or on the shelf. All at no cost to me. Major brownie points. So today I just got home from my fifth trip to this property and all I can say is Wow. Upon arrival I was greeted by name before I made it to the front desk. My room was set up the way I like it. The first morning I came down for a coffee and the lovely woman who runs the coffee shop smiled at me and said welcome back sir, good to see you. Do you want your regular? She remembered not only me but what my favorite coffee is. Every staff member I ran into showed this exact same kind of caring attitude. Talk about being made to feel welcome. This courtyard ROCKS and will continue to get my business every time I find myself in Orlando. While I should know more names by now, Judy at the front desk has the best attitude in welcoming guests. She makes you feel important. Side note- Great Vietnamese just down the street. Ha Long Bistro - excellent food, went twice all thanks to a recommendation from the front desk.

Room Tip: I prefer a higher floor away from the elevator, but I have never had an issue with any room I have b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have traveled quite a bit for business and leisure, and this is the first time I felt compelled to write a review. From the moment we arrived I knew we were going to have a good stay. We were quite tired when we got to the hotel at 11pm and Judy at the front desk greeted us with a warm smile and immediately made us feel welcomed. The room was impeccable, beautifully decorated and clean. The breakfast at the bistro the next morning was so convenient and delicious! But the most impressive thing about the Courtyard Orlando downtown is the staff. Every employee was extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast employees recognized us every morning (Carl was exceptionally nice), and were eager to help. I have to say we were very impressed with the level of service at this hotel, and will certainly be back next time we are in Orlando. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Greenville, Ohio
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Let me start off with, it takes a lot to get 5 stars from me for Customer Service, but this place hit it right on the nose for the business traveler. From remembering my name, organization, likes and dislikes all on a first-time visit (and only for four nights) to excellent referrals for dining and entertainment the front desk staff were wonderful. The Bistro is surprisingly good for a limited menu, small scale offering and while no free "eats", it fits within a business budget and has a more than adequate bar and delightful seating around the lobby. Hotel was very clean, well maintained, although the décor is a far cry better in the lobby. ALL staff would greet you in hallways cheerfully and if you paused, would ask if you needed anything. This place is wonderful for the business traveler, quiet, clean, well-appointed and calm--perhaps not a family stop, but for Orlando business travel, will be my first choice every time.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony on the pool side during off season--best quiet
Green Features: pretty standard--towels/sheets can be changed if requested.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have spent 3 nights here and have to say that we were treated so well. Kudos to Benny & Carlos. They made our stay even more special. Recommendations for restaurants in the area were right on. Thank you so much. Drinks at hotel were so special. Thank you for making us feel at home. We are from Delaware, and really appreciated being so welcome. You are the best.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor but I'm sure any floor would have been great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Illinois
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at this hotel using Marriott Reward points on 1/17/14. Location is in the heart of downtown and easy to get to from I-4 or the airports. Plenty of secured parking. Hotel lobby updated with the latest Courtyard theme...looks good and clean. Benny at the front desk was professional and made me feel at home. Room was standard, double queen overlooking the pool. Beds comfortable and plenty of space for the 2 of us. Room was quiet and temperature control was even. Used workout room...clean and machines were taken care of. Water, towels, headsets all comp. Did not use pool. Grab and go food for the a.m. muffins, cakes, fruit and coffee was decent.
Overall, would stay again if need be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jserna20
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hello Jserna20,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about the stay you had here at the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown. It is wonderful that you had an opportunity to use your Marriott Rewards Points for your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the upgrades to the hotel. Many guests are happy with the size of the fitness room and the variety of workout equipment we offer.
Hopefully your future plans will bring you back to stay with us again. Our front desk team is available 24 hours a day to assist you with making a future reservation. Thanking for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day.