“Disappointed in cleanliness, saftey and security”

Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown
Ranked #13 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
New York City, New York
“Disappointed in cleanliness, saftey and security”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family arranged for a late check in, unfortunately another family was given the same room the following morning and they walked in at 8:30am while I was dressing and my kids were sleeping.
The next evening we returned about 11:30pm after spending the day at the parks and as we came around the corner to get into the elevator I slipped in what looked like spilled sauce camoflaged by the marble tile. I twisted my ankle fell on my knees and jammed my thumb which swelled and turned blue immediately. I asked for first aid but instead they offered only ice cubes in those thin garbage pail bags which leaked as the ice melted and my bed was wet and freezing, I was in pain and couldn't sleep and I had a long drive back to GA the next day. Marriott international said that I should have seen the sauce!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank T L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Cape Coral, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I recently stayed several times at the Marriott Courtyard in downtown Orlando. The hotel is very conveniently situated in the downtown area. The hotel staff was extremely helpful on each visit. In addition, the rooms were clean and spacious. There was a guest laundry and the hotel provided laundry detergent and dryer sheets at no charge which was a very nice extra perk. I plan to return when we are in the area again and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello Jeannien604,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this wonderful feedback about your experiences here at the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown. It is always great to hear that our guests are enjoying our hotel and that our staff is doing an excellent job.

When you are ready to book a future reservation, someone is available at our front desk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We look forward to you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
tampa,fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hotel had great pricing for being so close to all of the action! Staff was nice! cabride to amway only $8...they use paul mitchell hair products!! nice all around! heads up room has bad lighting for makeup. u can buy starbucks cofee, but do have to add your own sugar. remember to ask for extra blankets, comforters not too thick.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Gina15,

We are pleased to see that you had a wonderful stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown. A lot of our guest have been so excited about The Bistro and added Starbucks menu. We hope that future events, at the Amway, will bring you back to stay with us again.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a great day.
Miami Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was totally surprised as the location wasn't exactly what we were looking for but the service,accomodations and food was unreal.
From the moment we arrived the reception desk staff was sob friendly, well trained, and no matter how many questions I asked they were not bothered, all sifts were great.
Thequality of the food you would find in a 5 star hotel as well as the service. The room was great, very surprised with all the free ammenities and the air conditioning was just the way my wife likes it, freezing cold, but it can be adjusted to whatever tempture you want. Never so a hotel with so many tv channels!
Any time I go to the Orlando area I will definetly stay here.
Thank you to all the staff for being most wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jay R
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hello Jay R. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We are so happy that we where able to exceed your expectations. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our television selection. We recently upgraded our channel line up to include over 30 High Definition channels.

We hope that your future travels will bring you back to visit us again. Thank you for choosing Marriott and the Courtyard brand. Have a wonderful day.
Newark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We recently stayed here in May 2013. We were given a third floor balcony room. The balcony had no chairs which was a disappointment. Otherwise, the room was a nice room. We were surprised when our check out statement was put under the door in the morning to see that they charged us $10 to park in their parking lot and then charged us 65 cents tax on the parking lot charge! We were never notified of this and there was no signs notifying us of this at all. In fact, when we checked in, we were asked if we parked in their lot and we replied yes. She said the only reason she asked was so that she could give us a card for our window so we wouldn't get towed. We have stayed at various Courtyard Marriotts and they don't differ very much, but this was a first for a parking charge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Debra G, for providing your feedback about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room.

We try to make sure all of our guests are properly informed about the parking fee by placing the notification on our website and on your confirmation email. We do apologize if our staff did not offer a reminder of the fee at check in.

We do hope that you will be staying with us again in the future. Thank you for choosing Marriott and the Courtyard brand. Have a great day.
Stuart, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

It's probably been about two years since we were last at this hotel. We usually stay here after seeing a concert at the Amway Center because it's so close by and there are a number of nice restaurants in the area. We have walked to the Amway Center from the hotel as it's a little over a mile away but there were some sketchy characters out on the main strip when we checked in so we decided to drive over this time. As for the hotel - we were pleasantly surprised to see the renovations. The lobby and dining area have a fresh clean and modern feel. Front desk check-in and dining staff were wonderful and very helpful. Our room was nicely updated - still a little musty smelling but the room itself was super clean.

Room Tip: Higher floors have larger balconies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sonja W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the new Bistro and the upgrades we made to the property. A lot of guest enjoys our close proximity to the Amway. Now that we have our Bistro, it is more convenient to grab a bite to eat before heading to the Amway for an event.

We hope that your future travels will bring you back to stay with us again. We thank you for choosing Marriott and the Courtyard brand.
Thank you and have a great day.
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Checking in was quick and easy and I believe Judy? was great! Fitness center and pool were clean and useful. Only problem I ran into was my ac was leaking on my carpet so it became musty. Engineering came to look at it and said it was from outside rain water pouring over the tray and they needed a larger tray. I was offered to move rooms but am checking out tomorrow so told them no. He made it sound like it was normal? I hope not, as Orlando gets a lot of rain each day.
Otherwise, food was great, all the staff were friendly and housekeeping was prompt in delivery. From another hotelier in management, Kudos to your team! Please share with them.

Room Tip: I would stay here again!!! King Suite is perfect size.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Angm212 for your feedback about your stay. It is great to hear that Judy was able to exceed your expectations. I will make sure she is aware of your kind words.
I am sure it was an unwanted surprise to have that leak in your room. We do apologize for any inconvenience this created for you.

I hope your future plans do bring you back to our area and to stay with us again. Have a great day and thank you for choosing Marriott and the Courtyard brand.