“Great rooms - pluses & minuses”

Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown
Ranked #9 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Severna Park, Maryland
“Great rooms - pluses & minuses”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was @ the Courtyard Orlando for a week.The main PLUS for this hotel is the beautiful decor throughout & the newly renovated spacious rooms. The fact that the hotel has Security also gives you an added sense of assurance. Security's apparent roles are to monitor the parking lot and deal with any mishaps within the hotel. In fact I had a very noisy group next to me which interrupted my sleep in the middle of the night. After putting up with it for about 2 hrs, I called the front desk. They apologized & sent Security up to calm the situation. Thankfully the group immediately quieted down. I later was awakened by the very loud whistle from the train that passes only about 2 blocks from the hotel. One night I counted 4 times that the train passed during the night. A definite MINUS and very disturbing! The walls are very, very thin so you can hear just about anything from talking to tingling if someone is next to you. Oh, and the parking lot that Security monitors to ensure the safety of your car-- YOU pay $10/day for it. Just a small hidden fee to welcome you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Justsayin766
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We understand that when traveling you have the expectation of having a good night rest without any interruptions. I do apologize for the noise issues you encountered. I am glad that our security team was able to assist you when needed.

We know that the train tracks in the Downtown area can sometimes create a noise disturbance for our guest and other people who live in the area. You will be happy to hear that the City of Orlando is currently working on a plan that will eliminate trains from blowing their horns as they pass thru our area.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay. We hope your future travels will bring you back to Orlando and to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is not for the resorter or family vacation as there is no pool or restaurant. However, this is perfect for the business person or the traveler who wants to be close to the cultural events, as it is located in central downtown Orlando. If you need to visit an attraction however, they do provide a 24 hr. car service to take you anywhere or for a tour. This hotel is also very close to Asian-town so if you need a great food fix, it's only a 1/4 mile down the street.
The room was very spacious and the bed and pillows for perfectly comfortable. A+ on the cleaniness of the room. All the regular amenities were available as well as a mini fridge. The TV could of provided more channels if you're one to watch TV.
The front staff is extremely helpful with any of your needs, both in or out of the hotel.
Unfortunately I encountered aproblem with security sitting and watching TV late at night or else I would of rated this 5 stars.
Price was affordable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We do appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with feedback about your stay with us. It is unfortunate that you did not have to opportunity to enjoy our outdoor heated pool. The pool is located in the courtyard and is open from 6:00 am till 11:00 pm.

It is great that you enjoyed your newly renovated room. We hope that you will be coming back to Orlando and will choose to stay with us again. Thank you and have a great day.
Nashville
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I had to travel to Orlando unexpectedly after the death of my son. We booked at the Courtyard due to its central location and were expecting to be in the hotel very little. From the moment we checked in the staff was outstanding. When they found out what had brought us to town they went out of their way to see if there was anything they could do for us. We stayed in a beautiful suite that had just been remodeled and was spotless. We ended up not feeling like we were guest but family. Everyone not only remembered our names each morning but exactly how we took our coffee and how my husband liked his eggs cooked. We will definitely stay their next time we are in Orlando! What an amazing staff!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Ginny C,

I understand that all travel is not good travel. We are very sorry for the circumstances that brought you to stay with us. I am happy to know that our hotel and its staff was able to exceed your expectations and provide you with the best service that you deserve.

Thank you for taking the extra time to provide this feedback. Pleae contact our staff at 407-996-1000 if you need any assistance with a reservation for a future stay.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at the courtyard marriot in orlando florida this past weekend for my brothers wedding. The front desk staff displayed excellent customer service, the supervisor was attentive, proactive and willing to assist above and beyond! Our room was exceptionally clean. Kudos to the staff and management at this great Hotel. Your service was classy and A-1! My brothers wedding was very special and your service added the finishing touches to memorable weekend! Kim from Cleveland.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Kimberly W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that our staff was able to provide you with excellent service. We are happy that your family was able to enjoy our property while here to celebrate your brothers marriage.

We hope that you will be returning to Orlando in the future and will choose the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel numerous times in the last few months, and not only was I really impressed with the beautiful and comfortable new rooms, but the staff was absolutely great... Everyone at the Front Desk went out of their way to assist us with anything we needed, and in the Bistro, both Maria and Nigeria even remembered my usual beverage! This is a great place to stay, where they truly make you feel at home and where you can find everything you need no matter if you are here for business or pleasure... Strongly reccomend it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank leslie w
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I try to stay at Marriott whenever I travel. I am always pleased with the brand. This Courtyard, however, is the best of the best. The staff is friendly and professional. Based on their recommendations I enjoyed two fantastic meals during my stay in Orlando. The room was immaculate with plenty of amenities. The in room wifi was fast. I look forward to my next trip to Orlando so I can stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Clay E
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Clay E,

We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. It is very pleasing to hear that you had such a great time with us. We recently made upgrades to our Wi Fi to ensure that our guest have a great experience surfing the web or conducting their online business.

We hope that your future travels will bring you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown. There is someone available at our front desk 24 hours a day to assist you with making a reservation.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Tampa, FL
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Great stay! Everything from the lobby to the rooms is brand new! Location is great, walking distance to downtown restaurants and the Amway Center. Great place to stay for Magic games or concerts. Only gripe (likes many other reviews) is the 10 dollar parking fee. I mean, really? It's just a normal parking lot, nothing special. I just don't like hidden junk fees.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank jbdusf
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our hotel. It is so great to see that you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel to many of Downtown Orlando’s local attractions. I do apologize that our Parking fee was not correctly communicated to you when you booked your reservation. We try to keep all guest properly informed, by posting the charge on our Marriott website and in any hotel room email confirmations.

We hope that you will be returning to Orlando and staying with us again. There is someone available 24 hours a day to assist you with making reservations.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown. Have a wonderful day.