Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #221 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This hotel is about a block from my office, across the street from Sam Snead's and Winter Park is 5 mins away with lots and lots of restaurants, shopping and movies. Excellent location! It's also clean, but the best thing is the service. Every single person is friendly and professional. My only small complaint is that the cafe closes during the day and they put sandwiches in the cold case for sale throughout the day. Not having a car and starving, I ate one and it was absolutely not good. I only ate the cheese off of it. Also the refrigerator is too cold for sandwiches as it almost felt frozen. On a better note, the scrambled egg breakfast is made fresh, where some items are pre-made and put a toaster oven. Excellent Chai Tea Latte. They use Starbucks products. Overall pleased with my stay and would return.

Stayed: February 2014
Marj P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Good morning Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience.

I hope that you are feeling better after your surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

When your travel brings you to Central Florida, we would love to have you as our guest at the Courtyard by Marriott, Altamonte Springs/Maitland, Florida.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was in town for a surgery nearby. I found the rooms and hotel clean and very comfortable. IT had a nice modern feel. The lobby staff were all very friendly and we really enjoyed the Starbucks bar at the small café.

If in the area, I would stay again!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Marj P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2014

Thank you for the kind words about our property. We look forward to seeing you again at The Courtyard Maitland.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have been staying here, frequently over the past year, for business in Maitland. The location is great and the property is so quiet. It is one of the quietest properties I have ever stayed at, and I am Platinum. Every single staff member is friendly, professional and accommodating. Rooms are clean, and they are always vacuuming the hallway, which is something that you rarely see at any hotel. The price is extremely reasonable, especially for Orlando if you are not vacationing. A very safe hotel to stay at if you are traveling alone. Great Job Courtyard/Maitland Staff!

Room Tip: 1st and 3rd floor should have refrigerators
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott Maitland, Florida.
We appreciate you staying with us when you are traveling to our area.

Let us know if there is anything that we can do to assist you with future reservations at our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Again, we appreciate you as a loyal Courtyard Guest.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Courtyard property during my 20-year high school reunion in Orlando. The property is pretty typical for this brand -- embedded in a dense thicket of office parks, near major highways (Maitland Blvd. and Interstate 4) and offering ample parking and value-plus room quality. You're not going here for romantic ambiance or lush landscaping -- head south on I-4 another 30-or-so miles and Disney World will smother you in those. You're going because of the convenient location outside the tourist zone, and in my case, because you have Marriott Rewards points to burn and a reasonable weekend rate ($87 for the second night of our stay).

One point of concern, albeit a minor one. When we checked in late on a Friday night, the only king room available to us was disabled-accessible. Not a huge deal or a deal-breaker in any way, but the bathroom was configured for wheelchair access and wasn't as comfortable as we would have liked. To ensure you get the room you want, check in as close to check-in time as possible. That goes for any hotel, anywhere.

The self-service snack station adjacent to the registration desk was a helpful amenity, especially considering the relative lack of gas stations and restaurants on this stretch of Maitland Blvd. It also was nice to see the snacks and cold drinks were reasonably priced -- a little more than your 7-Eleven, but not out of hand.

I would stay here again, and I'd jump through hoops to check in early.

Room Tip: Stay off the ground floor if you can help it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaymagee

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Just one overnite while visiting Winter Park. Nice place in an office park but gps got us there easily. Check was great w/Marj who is also the mgr. Basic room, but missed a frig and micro, and the sink area was really surprisingly small.
Other than that, mattress, pillows, furnishings were fine. Solid walls and door, good shower, didn't use the tv, wifi great for our devices.
Would stay there again if needed in the area.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Good basic clean hotel with free wi-fi. A bit disappointed there was no free continental breakfast but there was a paid restaurant on the main floor with a reasonable menu and prices. Waiter was nice enough to make me a shake (it wasn't on their menu) but it took a long time to deliver it (I was already finished my meal when it arrived). Larger-than-average fitness room with lots of free weights. Directions from the highway were a bit tough. Overall, a nice hotel with nothing special to recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Marj P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Bruce G.

Thank you for your excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Maitland, Florida. We appreciate you staying with us. Thank you for joining us in the Bistro, and I apologize that getting your shake took additional service time. We will discuss this opportunity in our leadership meeting. We hope that you will consider us first when your travels bring you to the North Orlando area. Have a wonderful remainder of 2013 and a teriffic 2014.

Marj Patterson

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Since we are Marriott platinum, we expected some type of upgrade, like a balcony or better,none of which was offered . Nor were we even acknowledged as loyal Marriott patrons. Hotel is fine. There is a refrigerator and coffee pot in room. Room is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Marj P, Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Sheila,

Thank for for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott, Maitland, FL. As a Platinum Marriott Rewards Member you are a valuable asset to all Marriott Hotels. I apologize that we did not recognize your platinum status at check-in. Also, I am sorry that we did not offer you an upgrade. We are using your valuable feedback regarding your experience at our hotel in our weekly front desk training session. When travel brings you back to the North Orlando area please choose our Courtyard in Maitland. Please contact me if I can be of assistance in anyway.

Marj Patterson
cy.mcoll.gm@mrriott.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - Summit
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1760 Pembrook Dr.

Been to Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland? Share your experiences!