Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #219 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
MIAMI
“Consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We know we can always find a clean and comfortable room at courtyards. Consistency is the key. Motel is a short distance from I-4 in a quiet location. My only complaint was we used one tissue and box was empty. Housekeeping should check more carefully. But front desk graciously replaced it. Courtyards have reduced happy hour drinks but I wish they did the same with happy hour hoes d'oeuvres.

• Stayed June 2013
Marj P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Thank you for the kind words about our property. We look forward to seeing you again at The Courtyard Maitland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a pretty good 2 day stay here...room was clean, quiet, & comfortable.
BUT there seem to be a glich in the housekeeping schedule...either they were shorthanded or there was a scheduling problem...We had left our room at 9:30am for a day of sightseeing and somehow when we came back to our room at 5:30pm the room was still not made up! We had to call down to the desk and a half hour later a housekeeper came up and when we left our room to kill time in the lobby we noticed another maid working down the hall from our room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Good Morning Italy4,
Thank you for taking a few moments to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the kind comments regarding your stay. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable. Our staff works very hard to make every guest feel relaxed and I’m glad to see we exceeded your expectations in several areas. As well, I would like to apologize for your room not being cleaned until after 5:30pm. I understand how frustrating it can be to come back from a long day to find your room has not been serviced. Our housekeepers are some of the best in the business and are the hardest working employees on our staff. Occasionally, we have a shortage in housekeepers and they will graciously stay late to ensure all of our guest’s needs are exceeded. I discussed this matter with my executive housekeeper and we will be instructing our housekeepers to set a goal of cleaning all occupied rooms before 4:00pm. If a guest has a special request regarding a specific time they would like their room cleaned, we are always willing to be flexible and clean the room around the guest’s schedule. I appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention, I am confident going forward we have solved this issue. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are ever in the area again and I’m confident we will exceed your expectations in every area. Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

There was a film in the tub, which drained so slowly, it filled up when we took a shower, and the fan, (which comes on with the light), was like a jet engine. The room was small and the rollaway, which we had to call for twice, had a thin springy mattress. They replaced the free coffee that most Marriotts have in the lobby, with a Starbucks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Liliput14,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I apologize your stay did not exceed your expectations and I assure you my staff and I will use your feedback to continue to improve our hotel. I am unable to identify your exact room number by your username; However, our maintenance staff performs preventative maintenance on every room regularly so I’m confident the slow tub drain you experienced has already been corrected. In addition, if you are willing to provide me your last name, I would appreciate the information as I will be able to verify this issue has been corrected. As well, I apologize your experience with the rollaway bed did not meet the Courtyard by Marriott standards. Although we rarely experience an issue such as the one you described, we had a meeting with our entire front desk staff last week to discuss ways in which we can improve. During this meeting we addressed providing prompt delivery of guest amenities. I’m confident the discussion we had will help ensure something like this does not occur again, but I will bring your comments to the attention of my staff. In regards to the complimentary coffee, with the transformation of our lobbies to the new refreshing business concept featuring the Bistro, we have seen a decrease in demand for our complimentary lobby coffee. A great majority of our guests prefer our made to order Starbucks in the Bistro, which is why we made the recent change. Complimentary coffee remains available daily at any hour in every Courtyard guest room. As always, we appreciate your input and your business. If you are ever in the area again, please feel free to contact me and I will make sure we exceed your expectations and deliver you the great stay I know we are capable of providing.
Sebastian, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Comfortable room, modern and clean. We found the advertised "Cafe" restaurant left much to be desired. I had anticipated more than microwaved food prepared by the front desk people. The coffee was good but I found little else of interest to eat. We asked about the hamburger and were told that it was "pre-cooked" and then "cooked to order" in the oven which turned out to be a microwave. Besides coffee we found nothing of interest for breakfast. Had better choices at "breakfast included" property. At least we didn't have to pay for something we did not want. I would have preferred a pot of coffee and no pretense of a dining possibility in the hotel. Also there are no real restaurants near by except Sam Snead's Tavern which is also difficult to locate as it is in the sports complex and quite crowded.

Property is a little difficult to find as it is in a "corporate" park and there are numerous no turn signs so you do a lot of backtracking to get to where you are going. We did not spend a second night as originally planned.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Margaret A,

Thank you for taking time to submit a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I’m glad to hear your room was comfortable, modern and clean. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to provide some of the cleanest rooms in the hotel industry and I’m glad we exceeded your expectations. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to our housekeeping staff at tomorrow’s staff meeting. As well, we are very proud of our recent room renovation and I’m glad you enjoyed the updates.

Furthermore, I would like to apologize that our lobby restaurant/bar, The Bistro, did not exceed your expectations. We try to offer a wide variety of items that will satisfy every guest and I’m sorry we were unable to provide any items of interest. We are constantly focused on improving The Bistro. Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions you may have regarding the selection on our menu.

Lastly, I noticed from your TripAdvisor profile that you come to Orlando regularly. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you plan to be in the area as I would love the opportunity to showcase several items from The Bistro in an effort to regain your confidence and trust in Courtyard by Marriott's restaurant.

Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

The front desk staff was great. I was running behind and came in late. I don't normally travel with my family but they were in the van with me this time. The staff was very helpful in accommodating the needs of my family and allowed me to change rooms, even though I got the room I requested.

They were going through a shift change at the time and my problem took a while to solve but they were very helpful in making my family comfortable and getting us settled for the night.

I will certainly stay here again.

Dear QualityGuy1,
Thank you for taking a few moments to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the kind comments regarding our front desk staff. Our staff strives on providing the best customer service possible and I’m glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. If you need anything in the future, please feel free contact me and I will do my best to assist you.
Buffalo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We really enjoyed ourselves while staying at this hotel. Stacy at the front desk was amazing and offered outstanding customer service. She was a pleasure to do business with. We were in town for a wedding at nearby venue. We had a great time. Thanks for making our stay something to talk about.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the king size bed and the garden tub. Melt your troubles away for sure.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear mightybh,
Thank you for taking a few moments to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Also, thank you for the kind comments about our front desk associate, Stacey. She has been with our hotel for over a year and has always done an excellent job. I will make sure to let her know about your comments tomorrow morning. I’m glad to hear we exceeded your expectations and provided an excellent stay. I hope to see you next time you are in town; Hopefully it will be in December so you can take a break from snowy Buffalo!
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a typical courtyard with free internet wifi, and an upgraded lobby with a bar/breafast area. The room was typical to average, with nothing special. The room had a flat pannel large TV, upgaded decoro and upgraded linens. What really was special about the place was the service, everyone from the check in to the cafe was very personable and attentive. Do not stay here for the room, but do stay here for the attentive staff and home feeling. My room was clean, but nothing special. In the AM the staff was amazing at cleaning the breafast tables and working quickly to get folks breafast! Good job Marroitt Courtyard for helping the road warrior!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tabitha 77,
Thank you for submitting a review of the Courtyard by Marriott ~ Orlando/Maitland/Altamonte Springs. I appreciate the kind comments about the excellent customer service you received while at our hotel. Our morning Bistro attendant has been with the hotel since we opened and she is a great asset to the property. I will make sure to share your comments with her, and the entire staff tomorrow morning. We continue to improve our rooms with small touches such as the improved linens and upgraded TV’s that you mentioned in your review. If you have any suggestions about how further improve our rooms, we would truly appreciate the feedback from a valued road warrior like yourself. Please feel free to contact met and I look forward to meeting you on your next trip!
Safe Travels,
JJ Tabone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - Summit
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1760 Pembrook Dr.
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#5 of 14 in Altamonte Springs

Been to Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland? Share your experiences!