“Average Courtyard Stay”

Ranked #222 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Raleigh, NC
“Average Courtyard Stay”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed one night for business. This is an average Courtyard. Room updated but old layout. Room had strong air freshener smell; thank God the window opened to let some fresh air in. Can tolerate for a one night stay because it is convenient to work, but will look elsewhere if required to come again and stay longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear DrexelATLHeel,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review regarding our hotel. I appreciate the kind rating you gave us on our staff service. I will be sure to share our five star review with the staff at our daily meeting tomorrow. As a Courtyard by Marriott, we strive on exceeding our guests expectations and I’m glad to see our staff was able to do so. As well, I would like to apologize for the issue you had regarding an air freshener smell in your room. I have reviewed this issue with my executive housekeeper and assistant general manager in an effort to devise a plan to ensure this does not happen in the future. We discussed the proper use of air freshener at our daily meeting today and we will continue to talk with the staff regarding this issue. Please feel free to contact me personally if you are ever in the area again and I am confident we can provide you an excellent Courtyard stay.

JJ Tabone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have been to numerous hotels in the disney area. This hotel is nothing like hotels near disney, their staff are wonderful and very helpful. I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, and it has just been updated and the facility is great. The staff will bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. Though it is 35 minutes from disney, the drive isn't bad and the kids fall asleep and it i easier to get them to bed! I would suggest this hotel to family and friends visiting the disney area. I already booked this hotel two more times this year for disney trips. If you have complaints talk to the manager I guarentee he will do what ever he can to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marj P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Thank you for the kind words about our property. We look forward to seeing you again at The Courtyard Maitland.
Windham, NH
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here for a kids Goalie Competition. Very roomy and clean with exterior balcony for hockey equipment. Stacy at the front desk is the best. So helpful and knowledgeable of the area. A great asset to our trip. AC was a little noisy but not enough to complain. I heard they are about to start to redo their rooms. I can't wait to see the new rooms th.e current one were great

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is clean, easy to get to and staff is nice. However the AC could use some updates. Doesn't get the whole room cool. The beds are some of the worst I've ever slept on. My whole body hurts this morning! But overall not too bad.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Meggyamber,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review. I take pride in our hotels cleanliness and I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations! As well, we are continuously training, and re-training all of our associates to ensure a high level of customer service. It was a pleasure to read that the entire staff exceeded your expectations regarding level of service! I will pass along your kind comments about overall staff service at our next staff meeting. Furthermore, I am sorry that your stay was not completely problem free. I was unable to find your reservation by looking at the details on your TripAdvisor page, however if you send me an email, I will be sure to take all necessary actions to correct these issues. As a Courtyard by Marriott, we have preventive maintenance program which ensures our Chief Engineer enters every room once a quarter to proactively find, and prevent these problems. However, if you are willing to contact me I would ensure we solve these issues immediately. I appreciate your business, and hope to see you next time you are in the Maitland area!
JJ.Tabone@Marriott.com
Martin, Georgia
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed here while my husband had business in Orlando and added a few nights to visit Universal Studios. It's a 20 minute drive to parks but it's right on the interstate so wasn't bad since we were already there anyway for business. Very clean. However, when we checked in the gave us a room and when we went to unlock it our key worked but guest were already staying in the room. Scary thought. They gave us a new room right away and were very apologetic. No other incedents to speak of. The kids enjoyed the pool, it was very clean and they had a nice outside area set up. It's close to lots of restaraunts plus a Walmart, Target and Publix if you happen to forget to pack something.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear MLBG582,
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott ~ Maitland for you lodging needs. I am glad to hear that your family was able to enjoy the theme parks after a business trip. As you said, we are not the closest hotel to the theme parks. However, with a rental car our guests can still enjoy the theme parks. Also, I am glad to hear you felt the property was very clean. I would also like to sincerely apologize for the issue that occurred with your room. As soon as I was made aware of the situation I took the necessary actions to ensure that a similar incident does not happen again. If you are ever in the area again we would be glad to have you back!
Courtyard by Marriott ~ Maitland
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My daughter and I checked in for a sports tournament on the 18th of May, 2012. The first room we were put in had a very strong musty/moldy odor - too much to tolerate. We went to the front desk and were happily offered another room by a young desk attendant with curly brown hair. The new room was clean with no odor. The lobby was clean and modern. The outside appearance of the hotel was attractive and welcoming. Although we did not eat in the restaurant, it appeared modern and well-kept My main complaint would be the lack of friendliness and hospitality by Stacey at the front desk. Although there were many times my daughter and I walked right past her standing at the front desk with no other guests in vision and not otherwise occupied with any task, she couldn't muster a smile or a friendly greeting; we were given eye contact and an indifferent head nod. Also, we stopped the desk to ask her a question about the local area and while I was speaking she answered the phone and rather than asking the person on the phone to please hold, she left me standing there for three minutes before I turned and just walked out. One final thing to mention, when we returned to our room one afternoon, the maid was cleaning the room and watching a Spanish soap opera at the same time. She seemed embarrassed. My overall "average" on this review was really based on the demeanor of Stacey at the front desk as we had to walk back and forth past her many times - none of which left us with a pleasant or appreciated feeling.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Good Morning Happymomofthree,
First, I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel. I know your time is valuable and I appreciate you going to Trip Advisor to fill out a review. As well, I wanted to thank you for your kind comments regarding our newly renovated lobby. We recently posted our new pictures so everyone can see the great lobby renovations that are now complete. We are proud of our new lobby Bistro which is open for breakfast and dinner. As well, I wanted to apologize for the lack of customer service you received from Stacey. As a Courtyard by Marriott our goal is to always go above and beyond our guests expectations, especially when it comes to customer service. I’m sorry we failed to deliver on this goal during your recent stay. Stacey is one of our newer associates and I have already addressed these concerns with her. If you are ever in the area again I’m confident you will see that Stacey has improved greatly. We look forward to seeing your group next year!
Tennessee
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I was passing through Orlando on my way to Miami. This hotel was the least number of Marriott Rewards points in the Orlando area. It was very nice. Good quiet location away from the theme parks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - Summit
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#6 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1760 Pembrook Dr.

Been to Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland? Share your experiences!