“Ripped off”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Warrenville, South Carolina
“Ripped off”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

While the property and rooms were very clean they seem to have a security problem. After our return to the hotel my son was hungry. I ordered a pizza using a flyer that was in the room. First, it was terribly overpriced $36 for a 16" pizza. When it arrived I was surprised that they told me that I would have to come out to the parking lot to pick it up. On the way back to the room I inquired at the desk and was told that they had no policy preventing delivery to the room. The Pizza was horrible much smaller than advertised and extremely poor quality! I called them back 3 times and was placed on endless hold each time. At this point I decided to drive to the address on the flyer and return the product. On the way out of the hotel I stopped at the desk to inform them of the situation so others might be warned. I was shocked to find out that they were fully aware and was told that people were sneaking into the hotel and slipping the flyers into the rooms. I was told they had even called police. They also told me not to go to the address on the flyer because there was nothing there! I suggested to the desk clerk that i felt that the fact that the hotel knew about this that they should take some responsibility. The clerk told me that she would seek some kind of room credit.. (No credit was given). I have since had to cancel my credit card due to fear of fraud. I travel extensively professionally and am not at all satisfied with the way that this was handled. Nice hotel but very poor security.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear George R,
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the pizza flyer company. This has been an on going struggle for all Orlando Hotels. We have had lawyers and police involved with these companies. I've worked in Orlando for over 20 years and this has been a problem for more than 10 years. As you may have noticed during your stay, all of our side and back doors are locked 24 hours per day, and only a guest key or employee key will open those doors. Just like most places of business, our front doors are opened for anyone to walk in. Hotels from Motel 6 to Ritz Carlton all allow people to walk through the front doors without being questioned. The reason is most guests would be very upset if we had to check ID everytime they come in. We have guests that have made reservations in advance and guest's who walk in without a reservation looking for a place to stay for the night. My associates and I are always on the look for the guys passing these flyers out. When we do catch them, we call the police and/or we confront them and tell them to leave. We can not hold anybody here against their will as we would be in trouble with the police. On some occasions the police have arrived while the guy's are still passing them out and the police issue a trespassing warrant. We never see the same person or person twice passing out the flyers. Please contact me or my assistant Michael and we will refund you the money for the pizza. I do appoligize for this as we have been very frustrated with these companies for many years. Lawyers and police haven't been able to stop them either. We will refund you $40.00 but need you to notify us so we know who to credit.
Will

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place is so clean it's unbelievable. I did not use the pool so I'm not sure about that but the rest of the place is immaculate. The people are wonderful; the location is great. Nice variety for the free breakfast and the room itself was laid out very nicely. The bed was so comfortable that I fell asleep before I meant to! The only issue I have is the pillows. Horrible, tiny pillows like the Holiday Inns. I will definitely be back though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear MarilynJ6354,
Thank you for your recent stay. I glad to know your room was very clean and you enjoyed the hotel. My Housekeeping team works very hard every day to make sure the hotel is clean. Most of my team has been with us for a long time and they take pride in their work. We hope to see you again soon. Thank for the nice comments.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Overall a great value in the perfect location near Orlando International. Although I stayed just one night using Marriott Reward points, this hotel is definitely worth the 20,000 points. They offer a complimentary shuttle to the airport at request, free parking and complimentary breakfast (eggs, pastries, waffles, turkey sausage, juices, etc). The location could not be better with a Hooters, Denny's, Tony Roma, Chili's, Sonny's BBQ, TGIFridays and Longhorn Steakhouse all within walking distance. The rooms offer just what you need to get settled and organized. My room included 2 double beds, sofa bed in the lounge area, wet bar and two closets. And I can't forget to mention front desk service: Ivan was great making port shuttle recommendations and making copies of our travel docs. If there was a down side it would be the shower, room 323s shower needs some work but you can tell this is a fixable issue. There are many other properties near SpringHill Suites including two other Marriott brands but for the value, be sure not to pass this one up.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Rikeshia,
Thank you for your recent stay. I'm glad you liked our breakfast and hotel. In the next couple of weeks we are starting a new and even better breakfast with more healthy options. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Here
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Booked 2 rooms at Springhill Suites. Only stayed one night but would return next time we are in Orlando. The rooms were clean and good sized suites. The entire hotel was in great condition. The room was set up with a couch, desk, small refirgerator, and sink in one area. The bathroom had the shower and toilet seperate from the sink and mirror. The rooms were much bigger than expected. Safe in the bedroom is an added convenience. The room was very quiet too. Nice place to stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Rdrs,
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay. I'm glad to know we met your expectations during your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for staying!
Bradenton Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed for one night prior to an early flight out of Orlando. Room was clean and large, plus having the fridge to store our lunch for the flight was very convenient. Coffee served in the lobby was a bit weak, but at least was available prior to breakfast service. Most important, the airport shuttle pick up was on time and the driver was very friendly and helpful. Got a great rate with the parking package.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear AMItravelers,
Thank you for your recent stay. I'm glad to hear the shuttle was on time and that you enjoyed your stay. I have spoken to our breakfast associates about making the coffee a little stronger. Once again, thanks for staying and we hope to see you again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Huge room for what u would expect from this type of property, my friend was like wow when the door opened and it takes alot to get a reaction like that. Got a smoking deal for this room, I'll give it 7 stars for the price I paid that's how much value I feel I got, would stay again in a second.

The minor issues. Had an early flight so I missed the breakfast leaving at 5:30am. My friend missed the breakfast coming downstairs at 10:15, thought we heard 10:30 at check in but that's prob 98% chance our bad ears. That flashing green light could really drive you nuts that you need to put a towel over to sleep is one of the dumbest things I've seen, rant ends here. Slow wifi is lame also, but hotspot the iPad 3G problem solved for the laptop.

-key tip, fill your car up before you get to the hotel. The stations around the hotel and airport charge almost 6 dollars a gallon. Arriving late, I still drove 4 miles down the road on principle and filled up for 3.23. If you are reading this at the hotel, get on the 436 and turn right aka north 3-4 miles for the normal priced gas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Cursive9,
Thank you for your recent stay. I'm glad to see we met your expectations. You are correct about the green light. Drives us all crazy around here but it is a fire code issue. We have recently completed phase 1 of 2 for our High Speed upgrade. Phase 2 should be completed by the end of next week. Thanks again for your feedback and hopefully you can try the breakfast next time.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm am currently here for a week and am finding this hotel to be great. clean & Spacious rooms that include a living area with a couch and desk, small kitchen with micro and fridge. Huge king bed with great linens, safe in the bedroom closet and a roomy bathroom make this a warm and welcome place to stay. Also the front desk provides free bottled water upon request. Although far from attractions there are many good eating establishments nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear GR8TRAILBLAZERFAN,
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your stay with us. I hope you have time to enjoy all the facilities here at the property. Thank you for staying with. Let us know if we can assist you in any way.