“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Here
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Booked 2 rooms at Springhill Suites. Only stayed one night but would return next time we are in Orlando. The rooms were clean and good sized suites. The entire hotel was in great condition. The room was set up with a couch, desk, small refirgerator, and sink in one area. The bathroom had the shower and toilet seperate from the sink and mirror. The rooms were much bigger than expected. Safe in the bedroom is an added convenience. The room was very quiet too. Nice place to stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Rdrs,
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay. I'm glad to know we met your expectations during your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for staying!
Will

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Bradenton Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed for one night prior to an early flight out of Orlando. Room was clean and large, plus having the fridge to store our lunch for the flight was very convenient. Coffee served in the lobby was a bit weak, but at least was available prior to breakfast service. Most important, the airport shuttle pick up was on time and the driver was very friendly and helpful. Got a great rate with the parking package.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear AMItravelers,
Thank you for your recent stay. I'm glad to hear the shuttle was on time and that you enjoyed your stay. I have spoken to our breakfast associates about making the coffee a little stronger. Once again, thanks for staying and we hope to see you again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Huge room for what u would expect from this type of property, my friend was like wow when the door opened and it takes alot to get a reaction like that. Got a smoking deal for this room, I'll give it 7 stars for the price I paid that's how much value I feel I got, would stay again in a second.

The minor issues. Had an early flight so I missed the breakfast leaving at 5:30am. My friend missed the breakfast coming downstairs at 10:15, thought we heard 10:30 at check in but that's prob 98% chance our bad ears. That flashing green light could really drive you nuts that you need to put a towel over to sleep is one of the dumbest things I've seen, rant ends here. Slow wifi is lame also, but hotspot the iPad 3G problem solved for the laptop.

-key tip, fill your car up before you get to the hotel. The stations around the hotel and airport charge almost 6 dollars a gallon. Arriving late, I still drove 4 miles down the road on principle and filled up for 3.23. If you are reading this at the hotel, get on the 436 and turn right aka north 3-4 miles for the normal priced gas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Cursive9,
Thank you for your recent stay. I'm glad to see we met your expectations. You are correct about the green light. Drives us all crazy around here but it is a fire code issue. We have recently completed phase 1 of 2 for our High Speed upgrade. Phase 2 should be completed by the end of next week. Thanks again for your feedback and hopefully you can try the breakfast next time.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm am currently here for a week and am finding this hotel to be great. clean & Spacious rooms that include a living area with a couch and desk, small kitchen with micro and fridge. Huge king bed with great linens, safe in the bedroom closet and a roomy bathroom make this a warm and welcome place to stay. Also the front desk provides free bottled water upon request. Although far from attractions there are many good eating establishments nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear GR8TRAILBLAZERFAN,
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your stay with us. I hope you have time to enjoy all the facilities here at the property. Thank you for staying with. Let us know if we can assist you in any way.
Western Mass
Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you are looking for a quick stay near the Orlando airport (about 1 mile), this is the place. The hotel was clean, with ample parking, a nice swimming pool and workout room (treadmill/stairmaster/free weights), and near a good variety of restaurants some within walking distance.

The breakfast is above average compared to other places, but I was disappointed to find luke warm water for my hot tea all 4 times I drank tea during my 2 day stay, not a lot of fruit choices (some of the fruit was certainly going to be thrown away elsewhere), and no variety from day to day.

Sleep good hint: cover the annoying green sensor right in front of the bed with a towel before going to bed. Your sleep will be disrupted in the middle of the night by the annoying green flashes. You will see what I mean when you turn off the lights; don't tell me later I didn't warn you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MrGelhs204
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear MrGelhs204,
Thank you for choosing us on your recent visit to Orlando. We are glad you liked the pool, fitness center, and breakfast. I agree with you about the annoying green light on the smoke detectors. I've battled the Fire Marshall on these since the day we opened just over 5 years ago. Unfortunatley it is placed where it is do to fire code. We at the hotel are not allowed to cover or alter the smoke detector in anyway. If a guest wants to cover up the green light, then I can and will not stop them from doing that. It doesn't make the detector any less effective when needed. Once again, thank you for staying and your feedback.
Thanks
wisconsin
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed the last night of our vacation. Literally 2 miles to the airport! We took the rental car back in the evening after dinner & called for the shuttle, (came within 10 min.) The room was spacious & very clean. We used the pool & sat outside for a while till it started to rain! We had to leave early so we did't get our free breakfast!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sitter,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Orlando Airport. I'm glad you got to enjoy the pool even if it was only for a short while. I owe you breakfast on your next stay! We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our family picked this hotel for a one night stay and found it to be fine - as well as a lot of other people in the area.
Our room was good (Televisions could use an upgrade) and we had a room with a full stand up shower - which I prefer.
The breakfast in the morning was good and the ladies that host it kept if full at all times, with no one providing tips - folks - this is something you need to consider - especially if you're one of those people who simply leave your dirty dishes on the table - instead of walking a few feet to throw them in the trash can! Leave the ladies a little love in the form of Abe Lincoln or even George Washington!!!

The place was packed with people - which makes checkout (11AM) a bit of a struggle as we found that only 1 elevator worked - so when you're on the 5th floor and you're trying to get down to the lobby - you'll stop at every floor - only to see other people with their suitcases trying to get down to the lobby.

Recommendation - checkout at 10AM to avoid the rush.

There are lots of restaurants nearby and some within walking distance. I know many pizza places in the area deliver so it's a great EASY spot to get to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear defore4735,
Thank you for your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear about the elevator and the breakfast. The elevator was fixed the next day, but we were sold out and it caused a big mess for us. We hope that you choose to stay with us the next time your in the area.