“Wonderful, Clean, Quiet, Very Nice Hotel ... Highly Recommend for Couples :)”

Monumental Hotel Orlando
Ranked #202 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 23, 2010

My husband and I spent 2 nights, 3 days at the Monumental Hotel and we LOVED it! The staff are super friendly, it is very clean, quiet and romantic! I highly recommend this hotel for couples on a romantic getaway :)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank morgo24

Reviewed February 21, 2010

This "is" a hidden gem. We all seek for the big name hotel chains when traveling to Orlando area. Well let me tell you, I can't believe people have not heard of the hotel. I almost don't to spill the beans. Nice, nice hotel. I know, I know. It not right next to Disney or all the other parks. That's ok because it clean and super quiet. AND cheap. We spent $70 each night. Nice HEATED pool and spa (was down when we were there) but that's ok because we were too busy to go in (Sea World). So if you're looking for a nice, clean and quiet hotel AWAY from all International Drive crap, then this is your place.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kgaf99
Reviewed January 23, 2010

My husband and I planned a 6 night stay in Orlando the night before we were leaving. We came on Trip Advisor to find the hotel and wanted one that was under $100/nite but still nice. The Monumental had excellent reviews and a low rate for our dates of stay. The lobby/entry area is beautifully decorated. The room is very big especially for the price. The furnishings and decor were very nice. There is a refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was roomy and nicely decorated also. It appears that it was a Crown Plaza luxury type hotel before. The pool was very pretty but it was too cold for us to use. The hotel is 2 miles from Sea World and about a mile or 2 from the Outlet shops. Its on a quiet street where the other hotels are the vacation home type. There was a $6.75/day service fee but our total per night was $66.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TexanOnVacation
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Wow, this one was the best stay during our trip. Got a good price on the net and booked it after positive reviews here. The hotel is clean and great rooms. The facilities were excellent. The room was rather large with a very good bathroom. The outdoor heated pool was great and kids had so much fun.

Some of the minor issues that I want to list here so that the hotel can improve. There is no driveway for the reception desk. So you park near the back entrance and try to find the registration desk which is not in a logical location.

Second since they have recently changed the name, they don't even have a permanent name board. It was difficult to locate since we went late in the night and even though the GPS took us to the right location, the only name there was for a different resort next door. We stopped and had to look for the temporary banner in the dark. Hope they will fix this soon.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sr_srikanth
Reviewed December 11, 2009

This is a really great find....clean....friendly...good food....great beds.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PJAM7
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Booked this hotel through Hotwire and received an excellent rate. The Monumental is on the southern quieter end of International drive. Although out of the hustle and bustle there are still many restaurants, shopping and conveniences close by, although a car in this area is recommended, as there is not much within walking distances. The hotel itself is very clean and well maintained. There is a large pool and outdoor hot tub. The staff is friendly and always willing to help with any request. The restaurant only appeared to be open for breakfast and I think this may have been due to limited amount of guests.
The hotel itself felt empty. This is probably due to the current economy as the parks (Disney, Universal and SeaWorld) all were much less crowded than usual. I would highly recommend the Monumental as it maintains the perfect balance between value and convenience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pugman
Reviewed October 30, 2009

We stayed at the monumental this past Summer in July! And it was very nice! Very clean and easy to find! We got a great deal through expedia.com but I would have felt it reasonable to even pay more then what we did! We first started our trip in Florida out in Miami stayed there fro 2 nights then stayed at the monumental for 4 nights and then ended in Tampa for another night out of all the places we stayed out THe monumental in Orlando was the best! Pool was nice, the rooms were very cozy, they use bath and body works products which I love! It was conveniently located to a lot of gas stations, convenience stores, restaurants. which by the way they had a little shell gas station with a dunkin doughnuts attached which also had a little Italian deli and pizzeria attached! they made wonderful food! And we made a daily stop at the Dunkin doughnuts for breakfast every day before heading out! but there is also a denny's TGIFridays, wendy's mcdonalds all very near!

Also close to seaworld (which was not worth it if you ask me) Auqautica which is awesome and the other water park which I can't remember the name. also only about a 10-15 min drive away from Disney

The only improvement I would make If I could would be like a free breakfast included, but but other then that a very nice CLEAN, affordable place to stay! will stay there 100% for sure if We go back to Orlando!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple