“Very good hotel in Orlando!”

Monumental Hotel Orlando
Ranked #204 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Eslöv
“Very good hotel in Orlando!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

A very good and priceful hotel. The pool was great, you had it to yuorself most of the time. The hotel staff was very helpful and nice. You need to have a rental car to get the most out of your stay as the hotel is located a bit further away. The rooms was very clean and fresh and we loved it. It was very quiet so you could relax. We would absolutly stay here again.

Daniel & Lena from Sweden

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank puff_puff84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ocala, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

This hotel is a little out of the "tourist" area but well worth it. It is very clean and quiet. Nice rooms, and pool was beautiful. Cant wait to stay again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

The Monumental is on the south end of International Drive ouside the I trolley stop no 37 out of 41. The South end is more quiet and less busier then the central/North end of I drive. There isn't a lot to do around the hotel but the bus stop and I trolley stop is situated right outside the hotel. You can purchase a 7 day I trolley pass and any attraction tickets from The Worldmark hotel across the path. You can also purchase a return shuttle ticket to Epcot for $10 which is very reasonable and from Epcot you can get any connection to any other Disney park. The shuttle leaves at 9 25am and returns at either 7pm or 9 45 pm. We used the I trolley throughout the holiday and had no problems whatsoever. The I trolley arrives between every 10 -20 minutes. The alternative is the Lynx buses which appeared to be more frequent and less packed. The 8 and 42 buses take you up and down International Drive. The 8 bus drops you outside Sea World where you can get off and catch the Lynx bus 50 which takes you to the Disney transportation Centre. For this reason in hindsight I would purchase a 7 or 14 day Lynx pass instead of the I trolley.
The hotel itself is very quiet and it seems like you are the only people staying there. The pool is clean and rarely busy, the staff are extremely polite and helpful. We were not sure how often the room was cleaned but the beds were always made and clean towels were provided every day. There wasn't quite enough storage space for two people but we managed. The television was a bit dated but adequate. The bathroom was fine and had a lovely shower and bath. The beds were very comfortable. Room service was a little expensive but good quality but you can always eat on I Drive. There is a small supermarket and 3 or 4 fast food places just down the road which can be reached in 2 minutes by I trolley or even walking.
I would definately recommend The Monumental Hotel and would stay there again. If you do not have a car it is no problem catching public transport. It takes a little bit longer to get to places but it saved us lots of money.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UKStevePlymouth
The Woodlands, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

We stayed at the Monumental from March 15-21 on our honeymoon. For a young couple in our early 20s we found this hotel affordable and clean. The pool was wonderful and we loved the spa. Our room was always clean and they use Bath and Body Works soap products. There is a mini fridge in the room but no microwave which would have been nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the large cabanas out by the pool which we would have had to pay to rent at a Universal hotel. All in all we had a fantastic honeymoon and would definitely stay at the Monumental again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ryry1106
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2009

We stayed at the Monumental from for several days during March. we booked the hotel through Hotwire and got a great deal. At first it is confusing when you drive up. The place where you park to unload your luggage is on the opposite end of the hotel. So when you walk in this door you have to walk across the hotel to get to the front desk. They were friendly at the front desk and checked us in. We got a King room and have a child, so we asked for a rollaway bed - much to our disappointment, rollaways were available for $15/night. Since we were staying for several nights, this seemed expensive. They negotiated a lower price, but it still did not seem reasonable. We went a purchased an airbed for $28 and it worked great for the entire stay.

Other than those minor details, this was a great hotel. The housekeeping crew is great and cleans the rooms very nicely. The hotel is very quiet and we did not hear any loud visitors during our stay. The pool is large and also very nice to relax in after a long day. There are cabanas across the pool for those wanting more privacy when relaxing.

A lot of reviews have mentioned how this hotel is at the other end of International Drive, the less busy side. To us, this was great, because after a busy day at the Disney parks, it was a nice retreat. We liked the peace and quiet of the area. Yet, it is very close to the restaurants, Sea World, and other sites. Disney is only 10 minutes away in the other direction.

Be ready to pay $15/night for a rollaway and also 6.75/night for "resort Fee". This is a mandatory fee that covers the High Speed internet, and 2 water bottles. We had to pay the $6.75 even though we booked through Hotwire.

This is an ideal location for anyone planning a trip to Orlando.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank traveler777Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

Stayed for one week with two other people. The place was spotless and the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help you. The furnishings were dated and worn in the suites and I found the condo smaller than most condos in that price range. Location was convenient to bus service and Premium Outlets. However, it's in a very isolated location, which made it uncomfortable to travel by bus at night as there was no security in the resort. I couldn't find a tv guide the entire time we were there and since we were in the condo most evenings, this was a problem for us. There is an onsite gift shop; however they didn't sell local newspapers or tv guides. Staff suggested we might get one at a nearby 7 Eleven. Not so...and there are no sidewalks on International Drive, where the 7 Elevens are located; so you can't walk anywhere, unless you walk on International Drive.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

Just this past weekend I traveled to Orlando, FL to take advantage of the free birthday admission to Walt Disney World. I found the Monumental on Hotels.Com for a great price ($85 per night) and remembered staying at this hotel when it was the Crown Plaza. It had been a few years but I do remember being pleased with the hotel upon my first visit. This was just a one night stay and I have to say that I was just as pleased this time around.
The location of the hotel is ideal for those who do not want to be in the center of the Kissimmee/Orlando tourist craziness. The hotel is fairly secluded tucked in between the Orlando Prime outlet mall and Sea World. Although the hotel does offer shuttle service, the location is better suited for vacationers intending on renting a car. Being that we went to Disney, it is a little bit of a drive and I tend to not be too eager to wait for a shuttle bus. The area however is pretty quiet and seems more like a residential neighborhood with various apartment complexes.
The room itself was pretty spacious and very clean. We actually were traveling with another couple and found accomadatedt the four of us quite comfortably. The only drawback for me was the lack of a flat screen high definition television. I do think that hotels should try to make these standard in rooms based on the fact that high definition is becoming the general standard. For the price however, I can't complain.
The pool area is very well done and quite eye-catching. I especially liked the little cabanas that gave a break from the sun. Nice touch.
All in all I enjoyed my stay and would recomend this hotel to anyone else. It is clean, inexpensive, and appealing. I would definitely stay at this place again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple