Monumental Hotel Orlando
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$338
$289
$148
$127
$286
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$191
$149
$93
$80
  • Pool
All reviewsinternational drivequiet hotelsea worldregistration deskpool and jacuzziresort feeroom was spaciousthe wi firecommend this hotel to anyonehotel is greatconvention centeruniversal studiosdisney worldparksdrivewaytrolleydiscovery
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing wonderful holiday thanks to the monumental hotel. Yes, the place is extremely quiet but it felt like our very own mansion! Loved the pool and hot tub! Beautiful, clean hotel with very helpful staff. If there was anything needed eg pool towels or extra glasses in room...service was immediate! Definitely would return to this place!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed for 14 nights at the end of November. First impressions were that it was an impressive building in a nice development. Yes the sign could be clearer, however I knew the location in relation to the i-ride trolley so knew where to drive to.

The parking area is by no means a distance from the reception, Vegas hotels have receptions numerous floors up and 5 times the distance from the car park.

Checking in was a breeze, the room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The hotel itself I found very clean, the staff friendly and generally a pleasure to be around. It may be at the quiet end of international drive but it is a 5 minute drive to the main area, seaworld, the outlets and Disney not much further. We had a car so I can't comment on people without one, but the trolley stopped outside and Orlando isn't kind on pedestrians anyway.

One thing to mention is I had a package delivered from Amazon and when it arrived a card was placed under my door and it was held at reception, which speaks volumes of the service.

Overall, lovely hotel, the reviews about the long walks and what not aren't true. The others of it being quiet I can somewhat agree with, however I was there out of season.

I have stayed in a few hotels in Orlando, this is by far one of the good ones and highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank SimonScoffin
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon from October 12th-21st. It was a very nice stay. It was a bit eerie at times because it was rather quiet and not a lot of people seemed to be there. But, for the price and if you want a relaxing stay, it definitely did it's job. It was going through construction/renovation at the time and so elevators and certain rooms were out of service, but that didn't ruin our experience.

The hotel is located in a quiet area, away from major businesses. There was a CVS and 7-11 down the road. And not too much further is a Walgreens and a Wawa. The drive to the parks and other tourist attractions was not much of a hassle and it was about 15-20 minutes drive. (Although, the drivers in Orlando can be a pain in the butt.)

The rooms were basic but very nice. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom roomy. There was a mini-fridge provided which was nice to store leftovers.

Now, we stayed in two rooms. Our original room was located on the bottom level. We did have problems with the water taking some time to heat up, it took about 10 minutes to get past lukewarm. We also had a bit of a problem with temperate regulation (but I am quite picky and get cold easily, while my husband gets warm.)

About three days into our stay we had a large ant problem. Someone had left candy underneath the couch in our room and they are swarmed it. We had all of our clothes in this corner and upon exiting the shower and trying to get dressed they fell all over my feet and were rather angry to say the least. We informed the front desk and they came to investigate the situation. We were immediately given a new room on the second floor. The receptionist and a guy from housekeeping helped us gather our things quickly and took them up to the other room. We were then given money to do our laundry. The receptionist (I wish I could remember her name, she was such a dear) even helped us shake out our clothes to get as many ants off as possible before washing them. Had it not been for the immediate service and amazing help I would not have been quite as please. We are fairly laid back though so I still would recommend them. I also spoke to the manager who did refund us for half our day because we had to spend it doing laundry rather than spending it at the parks.

Our second room had no problem with the water heating up, so it seems to depend on each individual room. The temperature seemed to work fine for this room as well.

The pool seemed to be really nice. We took advantage of the hot tub after our long days at the parks. It was quiet and we had it to ourselves. Very relaxing. Based on other reviews I was a bit nervous mostly for the water and the lack of people. The walk to and from the parking lot didn't phase me. Exercise is good. :) I had a very nice experience and would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tiffany B
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our 3rd stay at this hotel , a great place to stay , immaculately clean , staff very friendly and helpful , rooms offer all you need , and what a great pool , it can be a bit quiet but that's what we like , nothing better than having the pool to yourself , would recommend to anybody . A few reviews we read are a bit petty , so give this place a go , you will not be disappointed , and also the best hotel for a great rate .

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank pinkissimo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just returned after 14 nights stay at the Monumental Hotel Orlando not to be mistaken with the less grande Monumental Movieland, which i spotted on our trip on the more Blackpool-esque end of International Drive. Our experience couldn't have been more perfect. Yes the drop off entrance for Taxis, Shuttles etc is a little distance from the main reception situated at what most would regard the front of the hotel. On the journey between the two you see the bar and dining area, and as we did, decide we probably wouldn't be dining there for a 'big night out', we did however arrive very late for breakfast (11.30am) a couple of times and were accommodated without any bother what so ever by the very polite young man who seems to be there 24/7. After receiving our room key we marched off to the nearest elevator which was out of order due to maintenance, Hey-ho i suppose we would complain if these things weren't maintained or updated from time to time. Are room was superb, not only a humongous bed all turned down very neatly and ready to jump into but an equally large tv, which from previous reviews were lead to believe would be a dial to tune 14" black'n'white, there was also fridge which was handy for keeping purchases from CVS/Pharmacy and the 7 Eleven, a short walk from the hotel north up I-Drive, cool. We were given a room with a view of the pool area which we found extremely pleasant. I believe the pool is accessible between 7.30am and 11pm but don't quote me on that. We didn't use the pool during the day, only late evenings which were mostly quiet, we did tend to get sole use of the very hot and very very relaxing jacuzzi. The bathrooom was a good size a couple of sockets for razors etc and an adequate hairdryer, most mornings we manged a shower each without running out of hot water but later in the day the shower struggled a bit to provide hot water but if you 'let it run' it came through eventually, on the plus side there were clean towels every day. The Monumental is definitely situated at the quiet end of I-Drive but a good centre point for every thing although we could definitely have benefited from a rental car, we opted for public transport, Lynx buses in the main as the bus stop is located outside the hotel. The No. 8 runs up and down I-Drive from early until reasonably late Monday to Friday then goes a little pear shaped at the weekends especially Sundays, $2 per trip or an all day pass costs $4.50 make sure you have exact money there will be no change given. Check GOLYNX.com for timetables and routes. The 8 north connects with the 37 the stop after Wet'n'Wild for Universal Studios, the 8 north connects with the 50 at Seaworld for the Downtown Disney and Disneys Transportation and Tickets Center, which is the hub for all Disney destinations via their FREE buses. The I-Trolley also stops outside the hotel and runs two routes up and down i-Drive from early until 10.30 pm all week for $1.50 per trip, trolleys are best for Seaworld and Aquatica as they take you up to the entrances or else you have to walk across the massive car parks, We''ll back in the future this was a fabulous hotel at the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple