“we loved it !”

Monumental Hotel Orlando
Ranked #198 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 22, 2011

the hotel is really nice and clean. it is also very cheap. the rooms are have all the facilities and the beds are comfortable. it has a swimming pool and a small jacuzi where people can relax.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

i stayed with my wife for 1 week, a peaceful place, a wonderful swimming pool, free parking, so helpful reception, a very clean room and the room service are very neat and clean, we enjoyed alot really we will come again and stay there for a very long period

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mohamed e
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Sometimes orlando can be over stimulating I found
This hotel on line at a great rate. It is south
International drive close to seaworld, aquatica,
Discovery cove and premium outlets. It is slightly out
Of the way but I loved the quiet. The
Pool area was lovely and was quiet. The rooms
Were large, clean and had all amenities.great value
Hotel .

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I had a five night stay at this hotel in May. We had an enjoyable time. The location was perfect. Smaller hotel was nice, providing easy access in and out. Our room was comfortable and good size. The pool was wonderful and the cabana was a nice break from the sun. We had the relaxing vacation we were looking for. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dlkrieg
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hotel is situated in a very convenient spot, between some of the main attractions (Aquatica, Seaworld, Discovery Cove, etc.,) and Vineland Avenue (major Designer Outlet Mall - better than the other Designer Outlet mall located in the opposite direction, in my opinion.) The hotel is clean as are the rooms, the pool is heated and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. There are bus stops right outside the hotel and we commuted via the local bus service Lynx, and on the odd occasion we took the I-Trolley too. No need for a car as the buses are very reliable and the drivers are all very helpful with where and when to get on and off the buses. I gave this hotel a 4 star rating because of the standard of cleansiness, location to all attractions and places to eat and hangout at as well as the brilliant staff at the hotel. When we go back we will stay here again :) thx for a great stay at your hotel.

Room Tip: Take only beach towels, rooms are cleaned daily and towels replaced each day too.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ging9520
Reviewed July 19, 2011

While I noticed there were some things that appeared to be out of sorts as if this hotel was in a transtion between owners, I found it to be very comfortable and accomodating.

The rooms were very clean, the breakfast was good. The pool was enormous and had cabanas to enjoy. The entire outside area needed a good sweep and a cleaning. It wasn't dirty it just seemed ignored.

The front desk was always manned with happy staff although the restaurant had an odd set of waiters in the morning. Kind of pushy.

The hotel is far from the hustle and bustle of International Drive and I enjoyed going back there at night and relaxing in the quiet. I will return again.

4  Thank tiflabruno
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Don't expect much from this hotel besides a place to pass the night uncomfortably. I travel frequently, but I can't remember the last time I slept in a bed that was so cheap, undersized, and uncomfortable. The mattress feels like it stuffed with old lumpy foam and is way too soft.
The Monumental was until recently a Crowne Plaza -- it looks very nice outside but its all a facade and is a cheap dive in many ways. The front desk quoted me one price on the phone but tried to charge $10 more when we checked in. They also tacked on a mandatory service fee that wasn't mentioned on the phone and covers things that similar hotels include for free. Our room was missing light bulbs, had a dirty coffee maker and worn-out carpet. Also, don't expect wireless internet here. You need to bring a ethernet cable or make a special trip to the front desk and ask for one. The lobby offers neither complimentary coffee or free breakfast. There's a big pool area out back but we noticed that the spa was filled in with dirt and turned into a planter! There are many hotel options in Orlando -- don't consider this one.

3  Thank trav-go