“Great Value - Couldn't be closer to West Hall Convention Center”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Sports Complex
Ranked #255 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Micco, Florida
“Great Value - Couldn't be closer to West Hall Convention Center”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

WOW! We were so impressed with this hotel. Not only did we have space and a kitchen and fridge but we were litterally right next to the west hall of the convention center. While our other conference attendees had to drive over an hour and half each morning in traffic we just took the back ramp and arrived in less than 5 minutes! A great value and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay here again next year at our event and this time I am telling all my associates. After I book my own room of course!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jazzika

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Perfect location for business, trip to Sea World, shopping or a nice clean hotel 45 minutes to Port Canaveral
Upgraded bedding and a 32" flat screen TV, plenty of restaurants and aTrolley on the corner.
My stay was quiet and the warmth of the staff is exceptional-- variety of room sizes will fit your needs.

Room Tip: get a room facing large parking lot and if on floor 2 or 3 you may see Sea World fireworks!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank lathamgal48
Ed S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Sports Complex, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you were very satisfied with the value, location and service the hotel provided. We look forward to seeing you on your next Orlando visit!
Elwood, Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great place to stay for a month or two. Houskeeping was great and kept my room clean when I asked and front desk was great.Had a problem at check-in and the manager took care of it right away. I stayed in the winter like a snowbird and this was better than any condo deal I could find. The location was perfect to get to kissimmee or to downtown Orlando. Right off I-4. Mornings I would walk around Westwood Blvd. past seaworld. Just a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Frank M
Thank you for your great review of our property. I was so happy to read that you were very satisfied with the value, cleanliness and service our hotel provided and the immediate response you received from the manager. Hopefully your next winter visit will be with us!
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Before I start, I should say that I'm not a one of those people that pick fault with everything in a hotel. I'm just so disappointed with our stay that I've felt compelled enough to type this up in the room with another week still to stay.
I booked the room via priceline.com and paid with my own credit card at the time of purchase. The rate was excellent and looking over the details of the room, I was advised that the hotel didn't have a pool, however there was a sister hotel across the road with a pool and gym available to customers. - an important detail.
We arrived last Thursday after a long journey from Scotland, and in checking in we're promptly informed that "unfortunately we have no non smoking rooms for the first three nights". We advised the girl at the desk that we really didn't want a non smoking room simply because my partners allergies - we were informed that there was nothing she could do. She asked if we wanted to cancel but warned that the room was non refundable - not much of a choice then! The girl took my card details (- a detail we will come back to later on) and gave us our room key.
We headed up to the third floor, a pretty rank smelling dilapidated area and on inspection of our room decided that we really couldn't put up with the smell and returned to the reception. On return we pleaded with the girl a reception that we really couldn't stay in that room and was there anything she could do; she then proceeded to advise that if we paid extra she could put us in a non smoking room for three nights and we would then move into a non smoking room as per the original plan - I should note we've not moved rooms yet. The service was really really poor, it almost felt as if it was all one big hassle and as if the extra charge was offered as a deterrent to move rooms.
So we moved rooms. The rooms are pretty decent, clean and basic - but you get what you pay for and we're pretty happy with it. Our kettle doesn't work but as I said previously we're not picky and it isn't a big deal. The bus service to the parks is good but the hotel is in an area just off Idrive, so you need to do some walking and use the itrolley to go out for dinner/nightlife - certainly not a problem for us. If you do go out at night you'll have to get a taxi back - so if you have that in your plans might be better at another hotel.
The pool and gym - We quized the front desk about this and we're told that they were not available for use and were only for customers across at the other hotel. We simply wouldn't have booked the hotel if we didn't have access to a pool - why put this on the website????????????
So remember I noted that the girl at the desk took my card details (See above)!! Well she charged me twice for the room, realised she did it and refunded the money back - no big deal I hear you say. No, not if she had bothered to tell me but as we had put all our spending money on our currency card it takes around 5 working days for the funds to be returned to the card (around $450 dollars) we ran out of funds (unexpectedly) whilst paying for a meal. The only way I found out was to challenge the reception that I had been charged twice and they told me that it had been refunded already. Mistakes happen, but when I said that I was unhappy that the original receptionist hadn't told me, the girl a reception told me "i'll let her know". This actually cost me money as I had to pay for dinner with a card with a far poorer rate and a charge.
So there you have it. We only have another week to go but I'm so annoyed I sat an wrote this instead of going to Disney today. Really really disappointed.

Room Tip: Good luck and if you're not a smoker make sure you don't stay on the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ramsay85
Pebble P, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Sports Complex, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Good day:
First I want to thank y ou for taking the time to complete a survey based on your stay. I appreciate the positive comments you gave us. However, I am sorry that it seems we did not meet your expectations. With regard to the pool and fitness facility - we do not advertise that this location has these amenities or that guests can use the amenities from the other hotel. They are two completely different hotels with different services and price points. Our Extendedstay.com website accurately lists all amenities and services for all 684 of our hotels.
Please accept our apologies for charging your credit card in error. This was corrected and refunded - however I understand the inconvenience it caused.
Again, we do appreciate your feedback, as this helps us understand areas to focus on.
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a great place to stay. Even though it's right off the highway, it was very quiet in my room. They kept everything very clean, the staff was helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again. One mile to SeaWorld, 10 minutes to Disney, and an hour to the ocean. The kitchen is pretty bare-bones stocked (2 forks, 2 spoons, 2 knives, 2 plates, 2 cups, frying pan, 1 pot, colander, can opener, and spatula) so if you like other kitchen tools, you should bring them yourself. All in all, I would recommend this to anyone staying for a while in Orlando.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank LadyoftheArts
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a great time at Extended Stay America. The hotel is not luxurious but offers good shower and confortable beds. In addition you get a kitchen that helps a lot! And a shuttle service to theme parks that solved our problems. Only thIng i told them is that i wish they'd clean the room twice a week. But other than that everything was great!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Depanisset
Pebble P, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Sports Complex, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Such a nice review! And we would be happy to clean the room twice weekly upon request. I hope to host your next visit to Orlando.
Take care.
Pebble Persico - Area Manager
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My daughter developed some coughs n low fever for 3 days. she couldn't sleep well at night on Aug 7. We were very worried cos we'll leave 13/8, back to HK, a very long flight. The next morning, when I asked at the hotel office, Maribel immediately referred a nearby walk in medical center, Urgent Care at Sand lake dr, just 8-9 min drive。She assured me it's excellent n didn't need to wait hours n hours, also great with kids. She even printed out the map for me. She also gave me an alternative with map, just in case. M also told me 2 days before another customer was there n it was very good. M was so helpful n empathetic. Great services!
We went there n Dr had x-ray, medication, all in one, one stop service, finished 1.5 hrs. Wonderful! My daughter was a lot better after medicine. She could go to Disney again the next day!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family