“Do not stay here if you are a woman traveling alone”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #273 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip along with two of my other work colleagues who are men. Their rooms were booked across from each other far down the hall from where I was. When I left my room and returned, my under garments were out of my drawers in which means staff was coming in and out of the room browsing through my items. The male staff were overly friendly and kept near by hotel room. Please be mindful if you are a single woman traveling alone and do not stay here. Unfortunately everything else was fine but I did not feel safe.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
gmwestwood, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Melissa,
Let me assure you wholeheartedly that we make the safety of all our guests the utmost priority.
From our security cameras to our well trained employees we ensure that all our guests are safe,comfortable and personal belongings secure.I apologize if the warm and welcoming nature of the staff came over as over-friendly and made you feel uncomfortable.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wonderfully surprised by suite, staff, location. Perfect. Would def stay here again. Our only complaint (if you could call it that) was that the internet (free) would be very hard to access after 9:00 pm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
gmwestwood, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Marj,
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us recently.I am happy to read that everyone here made your stay most enjoyable.We have recently increased the bandwith on the wi-fi to satisfy the ever increasing demand for internet access.We look forward to having you back here again soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have just spent two weeks here, and were pleasantly surprised,by the hotel.My wife and I have often stayed nearby, so chose the locale especialy, the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and well served, and the whole thing great value for money. We shall definately go again.
David and Sheila Loughton, Hastings UK

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
gmwestwood, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Dave and Sheila,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel.It brings me great joy to learn that your stay was most enjoyable and look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a two bedroom suite. It was perfect for what we needed. The hotel is dated but was a great value. I would stay there again. The couch pulls out to a bed and the second room has two double beds. Great for a family.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Tiferoonie
gmwestwood, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Tiferoonie,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us for your most enjoyable stay here.I am happy to know that the two bedroom suite was perfect for your needs.We look forward to having you back here again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My company booked me here as part of attending a convention at the Orange County Convention Center. I probably would not stay here for pleasure.
Overall, it was pretty average. The rooms really need an updating. Actually, the whole place needing an updating. The upholstered chairs in the lobby were stained & filthy. I mean REALLY filthy. I sat down in one while waiting for the rest of my party, looked down and jumped up out of the chair. Whew...
Breakfast was the regular hotel buffet stuff of pre-packaged, frozen things with scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. No big deal there.
Hotel pool bar was small and limited in selection and service.
The staff was friendly, the ones that could speak English.
One great thing was the taxi services. Very well done.

But the one thing that really irked me was at check-out. I was given a copy of the bill, which showed the amount paid and zero balance. when i got home and checked my accounts, they had added an additional $18.46 to the charge! No explanation, nothing. I called and got it cleared off, but it was rough going for a bit.
Needless to say, if I had a choice, I wouldn't have stayed there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
gmwestwood, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Skip,
Let me apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay.I am glad that we were able to clear up the billing issue and again apologize for the misunderstanding and inconvenience
caused to you.You will be pleased to know that the offending chairs in the lobby have been removed and replaced.As we continue to upgrade the rooms I hope you will be able to come back and allow us to make your stay better for business and pleasure.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

It's not a total dump. The room was relatively spacious, and there seemed to be a little effort on the part of this hotel to make it comfy, but it's in serious need of an update. Old carpet, a bathtub that has to be at least 30+ years old because of its porcelain patches and rusted drain, and rusty hinges on the bathroom door all scream "makeover please!"

There was only one person at the front desk during busy times, so it was hard to interact in a timely manner. The pool area was nice. But so much wasn't nice it became distracting and depressing.

If you want a 3-star experience, this isn't it. With a makeover, it sure could be.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
gmwestwood, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am happy to read that you did notice our efforts to make improvements at the hotel.The carpets were all changed three years ago and we are in the process of refinishing the challenging project of the bathtubs.We hope you will give another opportunity to make your stay better than just survivable.