“Worst hotel experience ever.....”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #254 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst hotel experience ever.....”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The worst place I have ever stayed. Carpet ripped on floor near main isle by gameroom. Room had dirt and grime in bathroom and kitchen. Dirt came out of faucet when we turned it on. Pool nasty and dirty after they cleaned it. Even workers hate working there wbe. I asked how they liked their job. Main entrance smells bad when u walk in. Weather strips loose on rear door. Someone is gkibg go get sick in that place. Planned on staying ghere 3 days. Cut my stay down to just 6 hours. Horrible!!!! Gives Hawthorne a bad name

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
gmwestwood, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am greatly surprised to read your comments regarding our hotel.I am even more surprised to read your comments regarding the staff who I can tell you most honestly love working here and to that reason have been here for over five years and many over ten and fifteen years.I can assure you we have ongoing,in-house carpet cleaning maintenance year round and pool cleaned every day.Let me apologize if your perception was anything else and I hope you give us another opportunity,at least more than six hours,to show you our excellent services.
Binta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been in Orlando for More than a week, I booked firstly on Hilton Orlando for 5 days then move to this hotel, It just amazing, frindly staff, large rooms, complimentry breakfast and much more, You want regret if you staying for your holiday in there espically if you are family with kids,

The room is huge with living room, full supplied kitchen.

ALso the parking and Wi-Fi are free of charge,,,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Faris A
gmwestwood, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Faris,
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know of your stay here with us.We are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility.I will most certainly share your comments with all the staff who will be equally pleased that they made your stay most enjoyable.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had to give this place a 1 rating or I wouldn't have even gave it that. We booked for the suite the sofa bed we ended up not even using you could feel the metal rods. And upon arrival the air was on high. We found out why when we turned it down. They were covering up the MOLD smell in the room. We have stayed at lots of motels but I will never stay at this one or any Hawthorn this place is awful. The bathroom shower (tub) stall drain had rust all over it. We only stayed 1 night and I wouldn't even shower in it. We waited til our next stop which was a Hampton Inn. Hampton Inn was BEAUTIFUL.

Room Tip: Just stay away from all rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Colt,
I am deeply disturbed to read your comments regarding your stay.It is never our intention to provide our guests with anything less than quality accomodations.If indeed you did have any issues with your room we would have kindly moved you to one that was to your satisfaction.
Let me sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with your stay and truly hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you.
Holiday, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to this hotel on the 2nd, and payed for a room for 2 nights. Before unloading our luggage I walked back by the pool and saw the jacuzzi broke, and half full. We asked if it would be fixed today and he said no. We asked for our money back, said we wont stay at a hotel with a broke jacuzzi. He said he refunded our money but they did not. Its on our bank statement. We were there for 10 min, now we have a fight on our hands... sadly

• Stayed January 2013
gmwestwood, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Jim,
Let me apologize sincerely for the inconvenience caused to you regarding your refund.As you may not be aware it does take the bank a few days to release any authorization on a credit card.I can assure you your transaction was cancelled immediately upon your request and trust that you will see the same on your bank statement.I can tell you the jacuzzi is now fully operational and welcome you to enjoy our facility on your next visit here.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was my 2nd time coming to the us first time at the hawthorn and me and my family ages from 12 to 72 and we all loved it !!... the room was very clean and tidy everything was in working order , staff wear really nice and friendly .... if you needed to know anything all you had to do is ask and they are more than happy to help ! i was going to one of the parks one day and the manger came over and grabbed me "not nastily" and said " you cant go out with out a hat you will burn and you need to have something on your shoulders " well to me that is brill serves ovs he cares about everybody .... he would come and ask us everyday when we was about to go to a park is everything okay do you need anything at all ...but we had no need to as everything was fine ..... and if you know you are going to be coming back from a park late let him know as he does a taxi serves and the price is right! The bar next to the pool is very cute and the staff are brill and chatty .... if you ask me if anybody does put somthing on here saying bad things its not right .....im planning to go back this year !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Abbie,
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your hotel stay.I will let everyone here know of your kind comments and look forward to having you back here again.
Kewal