“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #57 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Wareham, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed March 15, 2007

We stayed at the Marriott and booked through a Timeshare exchange. This is a beautiful hotel and resort. They have really nice pools and there are several. It was a quiet place and relaxing. The hotel is not far from all of Orlando's attractions. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was huge. The was a juzucci tub in the master suite which didn't work at first and we called maintenance. It was working within the hour. The hotel staff was friendly. We attended at couple of events at the hotel and enjoyed it very much.
Nice hotel, great pools and spacious rooms.
Nice place to stay and we would stay there again without hesistation.

• Liked — The best Beds EVER
  • Disliked — no beach
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LinAnnBish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (978)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 2, 2007

My husband and I booked our trip to Orlando at the end of February. It was a great time to go! We booked this trip to preview the Vacation Club. The presentation was very respectful of us and our decision...so if you are thinking about going, but are not sure about the presentation, it was interesting, non-pressuring, and tempting. We stayed in one of the spacious villas and we were very impressed! It made our experience home away from home with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, jacuzzi tub, living room (with pull-out queen-sized bed), dining room, bedroom, separate bathroom, and enclosed patio. If you want to make your own meals, a grocery store is not very far away and they have a little store on the property (you can get free bags of ice at the store). Really, if you have your own car, this is a great location for all attractions (Disneyworld 15 minutes, SeaWorld - within walking distance - 1/2 mile away, major mall - 7 minutes, Outlet stores - 5 minutes drive). They give you a map with very thorough directions to any attraction you want to go to. The property also has a person that can help you purchase attraction tickets...the one we purchased was 2 days at 2 different Disney theme parks plus a water park or Pleasure Island. Unless you plan on doing those things, it may be better just to buy your attraction tickets online or at the park. After doing 2 full days at theme parks, we were tired of being around a lot of tourists, bright lights, loud noise, and waiting lines and we decided not to use the Pleasure Island ticket...so we lost some value of the tickets. If you rent a car from the airport, make sure you have change because the major interstate is a toll. We went to Cocoa Beach (closest to Orlando - 50 minute drive) and had to pay up to $10 on tolls for the round trip. Bring your own hair conditioner (they provide mini shampoo) and buy bottled water (the water smells funny there). If you tire of the amusement park restaurants and atmosphere, we ate at a Japanese restaurant not too far of a drive away called Kobe. It was delicious!!! We were very satisfied with our stay; however, if you are a light sleeper, you may get frustrated. There were a couple mornings when we could hear the tvs from next door or little children running around (getting ready for Disneyworld, I'm sure). In addition, you will want to make sure you close your front door tightly because it does not close on its own. Other than those things, we really felt very comfortable. Also, the staff were very friendly!

• Liked — Spacious villa with home-like features.
  • Disliked — Noise.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
16 Thank hvtrust
Lake City, FL
Reviewed February 27, 2007

The hotel is located just a few minutes from Sea Word and the Convention Center.
The hotel complex consists of about 20-25 five story units around a lake, surrounded by the gulf coarse. There are 2 main activity centers with pools and cafés, as well as 2 or 3 other pools. This makes it so that a pool is by each unit and a food within a short walk. The units consist of 1, 2, and 3 room suits as well as a studio room.

I rented a 1 bedroom suit which included a full kitchen, Dinning room, living room, bath with shower and Jacuzzi tub, and balcony with outdoor eating area. The room was furnished nicely and was very clean. The room was plenty big for just kicking back after a long day.

Since the complex is designed for time share renters, it has a feeling of being a vacation home rather than a hotel. There are no bell boys, no valets (parking just outside the units), because of this approach, I felt very much at home. What and when you want to do some thing is completely up to you.

I will definitely be booking here again

• Liked — Loaction and price
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank LakeCityArtist
Calgary, AB
Reviewed February 26, 2007

Hubby, myself, two teenaged girls & grandparents stayed in a two bedroom unit for 9 nights at the beginning of Feb. Check in was a breeze with friendly service. Our room was great, clean, well stocked kitchen, & a great view of the lake from the patio's. As far as being approched by sales staff - they called and I was not in so they followed up later that evening about going to a time share presentation ( discount Disney tickets if you attend) I let them know I wasn't interested and I was never called or bothered again. I received only one message on the phone about a free 5/7 picture I could receive I was NOT contacted every day, as a matter of FACT I was never contacted again in any manner during our 9 nights at the resort. As far as noise in the rooms we did not hear a thing from our neighbours. My suggestion for people who like to stay in deluxe accomedations, the owners pay maintenance fees to keep everything so beautiful, the goal at any time owned propery is sell more time, so you should know going in you will be approched ( I have stayed in timeshare resorts all over North America and I have never been harrassed as the previous review suggests) it is a condo NOT a hotel with ugly vending machines on each floor "that is why you have a kitchen" buy a 12 pack of coke and you should be good for the week. If you like vending machines and under no circumstances want to be approached about buying in the property you are visiting then get a hotel ( 2 beds in a 200 sq foot room, one bath and if your lucky a mini fridge) So in a nut shell great resort, beautiful property, pools and suite.

• Liked — Beautiful Suite & grounds
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank kimbo-travels
Boston
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We stayed for 4 nights this month at the Grande Vista and enjoyed it so much, we almost purchased a timeshare there. My husband keeps thinking maybe we still should. The rooms are spacious, especially when you have a full 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom suite. The pools are perfectly heated and well designed, plus there are 2 jacuzzis for each pool of the 3 pool areas that have a 3-leaf clover design so that you never feel crowded. While the resort had many children as it was the February vacation week, it was not just kids, the way the Disney resorts can feel. This resort had a more mature feel to it while still accomodating children well, having kids programming and nice pool options. There is a very reasonably priced market ($15 for 2 chicken ceasar salads, a grilled cheese and two large drinks), a Pizza Hut with Edy's icecream, the Copa Loca poolside grill which we ate several meals at, and Nick's Grille (more upscale but wonderful), and the Lighthouse Bar. We didn't fish, but the folks we talked to were having fun catching tilapia and bass. There were many families renting the paddle boats for the lake, or kayaks, or driving the 4-5 seater bicycles/scooters, we played volleyball and used the Har Tru tennis courts. There is a very nice 1.5 mile nature trail that abuts Florida conservation land. We loved it and may yet buy a timeshare there.

• Liked — Decor, room size, location to the pool, view
  • Disliked — You will need a car to get anyplace as I didn't see a shuttle bus service
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank rcs249
Somewhere, USA
Reviewed February 24, 2007

Basically, I chose this hotel because reviews on hotels.com seemed positive, and it looked like a nice place to stay. In the "off" season in Orlando, it was also reasonably priced. Upon arrival, the room looked fine at first and the property is very pretty; however, noises from other rooms were too noticeable. The hotel lacked basics such as vending machines, bottled water in the rooms, or pay per view, which are amenities standard at hotels considered lesser quality. The hotel wants you to visit their little shop to "stock your room." When I wanted a soda, the shop was closed, and there was no vending machine. When calling the front desk, sometimes the service was fine, other times snooty. Food at the restaurant was good; however, service was unorganized and indifferent. However, I was most disappointed that I felt that I was constantly being sold. My visit "coordinator," who was also presumptious about the nature of my visit, called me every morning to try to invite me to the timeshare breakfast that was "free" if I sat through a 90 minute presentation. The television always defaulted to a program about becoming a Marriott owner when turned on. I was also called each day about scheduling my "free" photo shoot with the opportunity to "purchase additional photos." I just wanted to relax and enjoy Orlando in a hotel with normal conveniences, not receive a sales pitch even in my down time.

Stayed January 2007
10 Thank USAAnna
New Jersey
Reviewed February 23, 2007

Wow! My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and it was by far the best place we have ever stayed! If we could have bought a condo at the resort to live in full time, I think we would have. No other resort we've stayed at can hold a candle to this resort. The staff was great, the rooms and pools were very clean, and the on site dining was wonderful. We took the tour, and it was a bit pushy, but they are supposed to be and we knew that going in.
I would highly recommend staying here. It was about 10 minutes from disney, and 5 minutes from sea world. Make sure you rent a car if you fly in as the grounds are very big!

Stayed December 2003