“Wonderful Resort Hotel”

Marriott's Grande Vista
Ranked #61 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 24, 2006

My family and I spent 4 nights at the Grand Vista 8/21-8/25/06, We were in a 1 bedroom villa ; this place is fantastic. The villa was very clean and spacious, furniture and electronics, Kitchen, laundry equipment were in top notch condition, and my husband appreciated the complimentary wireless internet access. Our 2 young children loved the extra room to run around in plus they had their own TV/DVD. I appreciated the screened balcony, so I could appreciate the fabulous view without the bugs Florida is famous for. The Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom was a slice of heaven. The grounds were immaculate, very well cared for. The staff were very courteous , and responded quickly to requests as well as follow-up calls. Customer service was First rate. We attended a timeshare presentation, which was very low key and actually , was surprisingly pleasant. This place definitely makes us think twice about staying in a cramped hotel room for our next vacation. Also ,there are lots of planned activities for children , as well as a playroom, and around 3 large pools. I can't really comment on the quality of the activities, however, because we spent most of our time at the theme parks, but we did observe families enjoying themselves throughout the resort.

4  Thank Luvtravel
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Grande Vista

Reviewed September 24, 2006

The hotel itself was very lovely. We had a good time in the pool and most of the staff were very nice. The room was excellent. But we had major problems with our bill and it has taken a long time to fix it. If I ever stay here again, I will have to be very clear about how they bill and charge for the room because they were not clear at all last time. But they made a good effort to clear things up so if I have to stay again I would.

2  Thank mamaknitty
Reviewed September 22, 2006

I'll state right up front that we loved this place so much that we did purchase a time-share. We are a family of five that loves Disney World and all the other Florida attractions. The Grande Vista couldn't be any more convienent. It's in the middle of everything. So far, it's out of the way, which makes for very little of the infamous Central Florida traffic. There are back roads to almost everywhere. Ask the staff, they will love to tell you the best way. These rooms are so very spacious. We travelled with eight in our party the last two years and no one was in the way. The full kitchen, three bed rooms and three baths make this place a large party destination. The washer and dryer in every two bedroom suite makes packing that much lighter too. The parking is free and plentiful. The grounds are secured by gates and there are patrols out, not that they need to do it. The two pools each have a bar and food. There is a grocery store on property that serves hot Starbucks coffee in the mornings. It was nice to be able to go in, pour my coffee, then head out for another day with my usual pick-me-up. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled with family
11  Thank Skip3815
Reviewed September 22, 2006

Stayed for 2 weeks with my girlfriend in Sept, booked through Marriott's website ($109 + taxes a day).

Hotel is amazing, everything catered for, 4 huge pools, Nick's Grill ok, but better on International Drive (Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden etc.). Customer Service is the best, everyone so helpful! Hotel is a $1, 5 min I-ride away from Seaworld/Discovery Cove.

Recieved a free $200 (knocked-off final hotel bill) for attending an informal Timeshare pitch for a couple hours, which included a free breakfast, tour etc. DO IT, IT'S FREE MONEY!

A rental car is not needed if staying here, just use the I-ride Trolley which picks-up from outside the Hotel gates, or taxis, use Omar (407 760 2004), he offers an 8 seater air-conditioned truck for cheaper fares than a normal cab/rental car prices ($28 to any Disney park, $18 to Universal/CitiWalk). Omar is the best taxi driver in the world, he tells you everything you need to know, is punctual, and so friendly!

Rooms are great, only thing missing is a kettle for english tea (coffee-maker can be used, but not the same).

The hotel is fine for walking around, no need for a car (American's are SO Lazy, check-out the abundance of electric wheelchairs being used at all the parks by non-disabled people to save having to walk around, it's RIDICULOUS!!) Walk, it's lush and you burn-off all your Coca-Colas & burgers!!

If you are looking for good bars, clubs etc go to CitiWalk (next to Universal), great fun!

If, like me, you are keen to watch English football whilst away, go to The Cricketer's Arm's at The Mercado on International Drive. Everything about the pub/place is miserable, but it's the only place that will open at 7.30am to show SKY games!

At Disney Parks use the free Fastpass, it saves queueing, saving LOADS of time! Universal and Islands Of Adventure offer a similair thing, but it costs a few bucks.

All the major Theme parks are great, but I would rate them as follows:

1. The Magic Kingdom
2. Universal
3. Seaworld
4. Epcot
5. MGM
6. The Animal Kingdom
7. Islands Of Adventure

Enjoy the Grande Vista, you will, trust me!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Beeftinkler
Reviewed September 13, 2006

We love Grande Vista and bought two weeks here back in 2001. Having said that, this was the first time we had ever been back, and we liked it so much, we bought another week!!!

Must have been Yorkshire time there 11-18th August as we were also there then. Family of 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters. We had a 2 bedroom in the Golf villas.

Lovely villa - very very spacious (so much better than our next week spent at the Vistana which was AWFUL), fully equipped, quiet and just lovely to come back to after a day out at the parks.

The only fault I can find with our villa was that it was a long way to reception - you had to drive, no question. Having said that there was a pool next door which I used and enjoyed - it was much quieter than the main pool.

Reception were always courteous and welcoming, there were no lines (quite unlike the Vistana) and my room was ready early. Internet access was good - plenty of pcs.
Location is absolutely superb. You are perfectly situated between Disney and Universal and next door to Sea World.
There is a brilliant Publix supermarket 5 minutes drive away.

Certainly didn't spot any bugs!

Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Orlando.

Stayed: August 2006
7  Thank alliebdive
Reviewed September 8, 2006

My husband, son and I stayed 11-25 August. We were given a suite in the Alicante building, which housed all the facilities you would require for a home from home vacation.

Only two complaints : the occupants of the suite next door were very noisy and because there was an adjoining door there was no sound proofing and the water stank of chlorine. We did complain about the noisy neighbours, yelling, scream and slamming of doors after midnight is a bit excessive. We were informed by the reception staff that security would have a quiet word, whether they did or not we don't know but after that it wasn't too bad. Regardless it didn't spoil our stay.

Facilities at the resort were very good. Boating and fishing on the lake. Pizza Hut, Copa Loca Bar and Grill, The Lighthouse Bar and the deli were all good. The deli was a little bit pricey but on check-in you are given a guide with directions to the nearest supermarkets and also the resort's activity guide, considering this is not an all-inclusive facility there are loads to keep you occupied, the majority of which are free of charge and only a nominal cost for make and take craft items and some trips.

We thought the drinks at the bars were quite expensive but our son made good use of his souvenir insulated cup which at an initial cost of $12.99 provided him with free refills for the whole of the vacation. Starbucks in the deli operates a similar deal. Whilst the bars operate a buy a smoothy/cocktail in souvenir glass for $8 and then refills at $6 same again for beers. We did not try Nick's Grill so cannot comment.

The suite was tastefully furnished, with a full kitchen, washer/dryer and hot-tub/spa in the master bedroom. Although this was one of the newer rooms there were already some signs of wear and tear. We had to call maintenance once to repair the air conditioning and this was done in a matter of minutes. Don't be surprised - there is no housekeeping on a daily basis. We were lucky to have a screened in balcony with ceiling fan and saw no roaches or nasties the whole stay.

The resort is located some distance from the hustle and bustle of I-drive but only a very short drive to Sea World and Discovery Cove. 15 mins tops to Disney and Universal.

We certainly had a good time and would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those with small children as the pools were very nice and not that deep. We did not see a playground however there were tennis and basketball courts. When we left it looked like they were preparing to put up some sort of climbing wall. Once a week, in the older of the two larger pool areas, they have a large screen showing fairly recent family movies. If you're lucky you can also see the firework display at Sea World.

Overall its a very good place to stay and I do know that a lot of families were happy just to stay at the resort and felt no need to venture to the parks. I think if we weren't the typical Brits who feel it's not worth visiting Orlando unless you've seen Mickey, we would have done the same!

9  Thank AmeliaT
Reviewed September 5, 2006

I stayed at this resort with my four kids they loved it. For the most part it was clean and well kept, but..... they had roaches which prompted me to leave. They must of came through the pipes because we only saw them in the bathroom especially around the shower area. I suggest they invest in a exterminator!

Stayed: August 2006