“Had a GREAT time!”

Marriott's Grande Vista
Ranked #64 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The service we experienced was top notch. All of the staff we encountered was very friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed with very nice furnishings and included a mini kitchenette, which we really enjoyed having. Location, Location, Location! The property is right in the center of all the action near SeaWorld, Universal, Islands of Adventure and City Walk. But yet set in a private area where you could easily disconnect from all the hustle and bustle of the nearby action. We would definitely recommend this property and look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2009

This timeshare-based property is showing its age. The decor of our two adjoining one bedroom rooms was looking worn and the coffee maker did not work.

We were in a quiet location but far from pools. The back of our unit looked out towards Sea World and each night we saw the fireworks show from our balcony.

The pool was very pretty but needs better supervision. The last night we were there there were lightning storms that were visible and close by, but yet there were people in the water at the pools.

The most annoying thing about staying at this property is the daily sales call from one of the sales divisions at Mariott (restaurant, photography, buy a BIGGER timeshare from us).

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank famtravmom
Reviewed October 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista the last week of September 2009. We were in a 2 bedroom overlooking the golf course (building 94). Everything was perfect - the unit, the grounds, the staff, the pools and especially the golf at Faldo. It was exactly what we expected from Marriott and a timeshare property.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Just returned from a week at the Marriott Grande Vista (last week of Sept 2009). This was our second trip to the GV and we absolutely loved it.

Our travel party consisted of my wife and me, our twin 2 year old boys and grandma and we were very comfortable in a 2 bedroom villa. We originally requested to be close to the Copa Loca pool in a renovated room, but they couldn't accomodate that request (due to a couple of building closures for renovatons). Our building (#94) was a 15 second walk across a parking lot to the main pool area, with a golf course view and just fine for us.

There were some large improvement projects underway (painting, etc) but all facilities were open for business. Our 2 year olds loved the very-cool indoor play-yard..suitable for toddlers (especially during the early morning toddler time 8-9 AM). Older kids 4-10 would get more out of the playyard than 2 year olds, but it was still a nice safe, indoor activity.

We spent a week there including 3 full days at the resort and hopped back and forth from Copa Local and Main pool, and spent some time on the sandy beach. The only thing that would have improved it, is if they had a shaded area or umbrellas on the beach - from 11 AM until sunset that beach is soaked in the sun, and hot for the toddlers.We got our beach time in before noon and it was fine. We also visited one of the "satellite" pools where we found the water to be warmer although there were no bar services...it was a nice place to spend the afternoon.

The staff was great, especially the Copa Loca bartender lady. We used Starbucks almost dvery day, and ordered pizza from the Cove. We were also impressed by the reasonable prices of things at the Marketplace...they weren't as cheap as the grocery store but snacks were cheaper there than I expected.

We knew we'd be spending a lot of time at the resort because our kids can't go all day everyday to the parks. We spent a few days at Seaworld and AK, and a road trip to Clearwater beach, but really loved the "downtime" at the GV.

I know there are a lot of other resort options in the International Drive area, some newer than GV, but I am not sure why I'd even try one other than the Grande Vista for our next Orlando vacation.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank kal72
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I was here on a business trip with 2 other work colleagues. We booked our stay online and had never seen this place before so we were only going by what we saw on the website. They make it look like an awesome place, but it's really not that special. For the price you pay here I was expecting much more. Who would ever own a timeshare here is beyond me when there are way better places in the area. This is just a regular marriott hotel on a larger scale, meaning speard out over many buildings and large property. The scenery is very nice though, and the on site lake and golf course are nice. There are a few different pools, but they are always packed with kids and families. The on site restaurants are way overpriced for what you get and so not worth it. Being on I-Drive all you have to do it travel a few mi up the road and there is every kind of restaurant you could want. Avoid the on site eateries unless it's an emergency, or otherwise order delivery from a local place in town. The room itself is just average to me, as far as a marroitt goes, or other similar grouped hotel. Personally I would have rather stayed at a Hilton or Hampton Inn even. I don't need all the extras they have here, just a nice room. The room is a good size with plenty of space, but they bed was a cheaper mattress which was too hard and not very comfortable. There were like 8 freaking pillows on the bed which is just overkill when you only need 1 normally, however their feather pillows are not supportive at all. Luckily I found a couple traditional pillows in the closet and I found the best to be a combination to be a feather on the bottom with the regular one on top. There is only a small round table in the room though and it was just big enough for my laptop. I would have rather had a larger table or desk in the room. There was a small kitchenette which was nice because most marriotts anymore you have to specially request a mini-fridge. Already having the micro and fridge was nice. The bathroom was just ok, nothing nice or fancy. I was also disappointed with the small selection of toiletries. Only 3 items were given, 1 shampoo, 1 facial soap bar, and 1 body bar. No lotion, no conditioner, etc. I would have expected a better selection of items. Even the Hampton provides better toiletries. One nice thing though was they included a full spare set of towels, seperate pool towels, extra toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, kitchen supplies inc plates & silverware, and even a sponge & soap for dishes. Of course you wouldn't know unless you look in every drawer and cabinet, but they are there. I didn't have to call room service at all the whole 2 weeks I was there because they had enough on hand. I am not one who uses the maid service every day at a hotel. Usually only once a week or so, just for new towels and other items, but there was enough here to not need service. This place is very family oriented, and has many activities for everyone. There's everything from yoga and fitness classes, to kids crafts and sporting events. There is a new scedule every day with activities. The annoying part about it, is they call you every day to tell you wether you care or not. I have gotten more calls here than anywhere else I've ever stayed, and they were all from the staff!! Plus if you refuse daily cleaning service like I did, they call you again to tell you that you refused service? I think I realized that when I put the sign on the door. I'm fully aware that I won't get any new towels, so I don't feel like I should have to be daily remided over the phone. Their voice mail service is also the most complicated thing I have had to use in a while. I am a very techical oriented guy and am up on all the latest electronics and computer type things, and their system was very confusing even for me. They should have just used the standard voice mail service that the cell phone companies use. Oh yeah and you also have to watch out for all the staff member flying around on their golf carts. They are always zipping all over and don't watch where they are going or pay attention to traffic. They will pull right out in front of you without looking and you have to hit the brakes. There are also speed bumps all around the place which are annoying if you get put in one of the farther buildinds. It will take you 10min just to get back there because there are many stop signs and speed bumps to get though.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, unless you really like golf, and or have small children that need entertaining. I don't see why anyone would be hanging around the hotel all day though and using any of those activities when sea world, disney, and universal are right down the road. You are better off staying in a Disney themed or regular style hotel. Preferably one which includes free Disney bus shuttles. I don't know why the marriott for all the money you pay doesn't have free bus shuttles, when the cheap cockroach inn down the street for $34 a night does have a shuttle!!! Ridiculous, is all I can say about this over rated place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank SolidStateS15
Reviewed October 3, 2009

My parents are Marriott timeshare owners and they used their points to treat us (me, DH, 7 yo son and 4 yo daughter) to a week stay in a 2 BR unit. They stayed in a 1 BR unit in a different building. The resort was beautiful. We were there the first week in March and the weather was unseasonably chilly so we didn't use the pools much. The resort is quite spread out, but it was a nice walk to their little store and coffee shop. We had a ground floor unit with a nice view of the pond. The unit was plenty big for our family of 4. Free wifi was nice.

It's very easy to get to any of the Disney parks. You do need to pay for parking because we weren't on-property Disney guests, but no big deal since I knew this going into it. We spent 4 days in the parks. It was a perfect amount of time. My DH played golf on one of the off days and enjoyed the course across from Grande Vista (I believe that's where it was). My daughter had an accident in the bed one night, so early the next morning we requested a total bed linen change on her bed. Got back from the parks later that evening and it still wasn't done. Poor thing was so tired and ready for bed, but we had to wait for them and come change the linens. About 20 minutes later it was done.

Staff was friendly upon arrival and we got free t-shirts. We didn't really participate in any of the resort activities, but we've always loved them at other Marriott resorts. At lunch at the poolside restaurant the last day and that was good. Huge sandwiches if I remember correctly. We never took advantage of the bar due to kids needing to get to bed at the end of busy days.

I'd stay here again if we're looking to stay off property for Disney or if we're looking to do other Orlando attractions. But soon we'll be staying on property at Disney to see how that is, which I'm really looking forward to!

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pamperedbecky
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We just returned from our trip to Disney and our stay at the Marriott Grande Vista. My family consists of myself, my husband and our 2 1/2 year old son. We also vacationed with our friends who have a 2 1/2 year old boy as well. We arrived at the Grande Vista mid-day and were welcomed by the beautiful grounds and friendly check in attendant. We received our keys and headed off to our 2 bedroom villa. We stayed in 3109 & 3110. They were adjoining rooms. The rooms were spacious and clean. It was equipped with a full kitchen including all pots, pans, dishes, silverware etc... It had a dishwasher, full size refrigerator, oven, microwave and also a washer and dryer! Everything was clean and in place. The bedrooms were nice as well. One room had a king bed and a Jacuzzi tub along with a full size bathroom. The other room had a queen bed with a queen pull out sofa in it and again its own full size bathroom. The adjoining room was the kitchen/ dining room/ living room. The dining room had a full size table and seating for 6. There was also a breakfast bar with swivel chairs. The living room had a pull out sofa and a couple of comfy chairs and of course a flat screen TV. Off to the right of the living room was a screened in porch with a table and chairs.

The property was great. For children they have a playroom called the Maze that was fantastic... there is a huge jungle gym like structure for the kids to play in for hours. There was also arts and crafts and different activities offered throughout the day for the children. An example was they had a build a bear workshop and also offered kids cooking lessons! The staff there was super friendly and lots of fun.

There were also various pool areas throughout the property. I think there were 4 but we visited only 2. One had a toddler pool, and lap pool along with a huge family pool to hang out in. The other had a really fun "kid" type pool with squirting guns etc... and also another family type large pool. Both areas had food available. One was like a bar and grill.. the other had a pizza hut and sandwich shop along with a bar... both fantastic!

The ride to Disney from the property is about 15 min and the ride to the airport is about 15 min... It's located right in between and very convenient!! It is also located next to a Publix market and other food places if you want to fill up your fridge or if you want to eat out!

I also wanted to mention that I visited the spa for a pedicure which was great! Not only did I have a nice 45 min relaxing pedicure but the price was super cheap compared to any surrounding resorts! This property has a full services spa that you will want to try out if you have some time :)

I would definitely suggest this hotel to families traveling to Disney! You will get MORE room than staying on Disney property for a cheaper price!! I have stayed on Disney property before but would definitely go back to this place again in the future!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family