My parents are Marriott timeshare owners and they used their points to treat us (me, DH, 7 yo son and 4 yo daughter) to a week stay in a 2 BR unit. They stayed in a 1 BR unit in a different building. The resort was beautiful. We were there the first week in March and the weather was unseasonably chilly so we didn't use the pools much. The resort is quite spread out, but it was a nice walk to their little store and coffee shop. We had a ground floor unit with a nice view of the pond. The unit was plenty big for our family of 4. Free wifi was nice.
It's very easy to get to any of the Disney parks. You do need to pay for parking because we weren't on-property Disney guests, but no big deal since I knew this going into it. We spent 4 days in the parks. It was a perfect amount of time. My DH played golf on one of the off days and enjoyed the course across from Grande Vista (I believe that's where it was). My daughter had an accident in the bed one night, so early the next morning we requested a total bed linen change on her bed. Got back from the parks later that evening and it still wasn't done. Poor thing was so tired and ready for bed, but we had to wait for them and come change the linens. About 20 minutes later it was done.
Staff was friendly upon arrival and we got free t-shirts. We didn't really participate in any of the resort activities, but we've always loved them at other Marriott resorts. At lunch at the poolside restaurant the last day and that was good. Huge sandwiches if I remember correctly. We never took advantage of the bar due to kids needing to get to bed at the end of busy days.
I'd stay here again if we're looking to stay off property for Disney or if we're looking to do other Orlando attractions. But soon we'll be staying on property at Disney to see how that is, which I'm really looking forward to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando