My friend owns a timeshare at the Marriott GV and invited me and another friend for a mini-reunion. We had 6 children w/us (ages 2-10) and a 3 bedroom villa. The villa was on the ground floor - great for the kids but it was musty and dark. There weren't any screens on the windows to allow us to open them. We turned up the AC when we left the room to sort of dehumidify the place and it helped. But the floorplan was great and it never seemed crowded even w/9 of us!
All of the employees we encountered were helpful and very accomodating w/our lg. group. They seemed to really like kids and weren't just tolerating them! We had lunch at Nick's on the first day and our children, although well-behaved, were pretty chatty and the staff noted that it was a nice change from the quiet. The bellman - Michael drove us to Nick's in the hotel van and when we called him for a ride back to the room, we showed up in a big golf cart. The kids loved it.
We especially loved the main pool - it had something for everyone - a small wading pool for the under 3's, a fountain, and a large pool. Nearby was a convenience store w/snacks, ice cream and pizza. There are other pools, I think, but we never went there. We also had plans to put the older kids in the kids activities but we never got to. We were so busy that it wasn't necessary!
They told us about the Publix supermarket and we stocked up on water and breakfast food and sandwich fixings. I'm glad we did because there were a couple of days when we got back late and we were too tired to go out for food. There are restaurants nearby on International Drive.
A car was necessary to get around to Disney World and stores but they weren't too far of a drive. One tip: I was quoted $330 to rent a minivan for 5 days from Budget and when I asked if that was their lowest rate, the reservationist asked me if I had a Costco card. I did and the rate went down to $130. Amazing.
Overall, our experience was an excellent one. I'm even tempted to look into buying a timeshare there myself. I would, however, make sure I request a more updated room and maybe on a second floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Vacatia, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando