4,491 results
All reviews copa loca bedroom villa sea world full kitchen marriott vacation club paddle boats pizza hut main pool time share ice cream shop washer and dryer great resort marriott properties international drive daily activities tennis courts screened in porch
Reviewed June 18, 2009

If you only want to visit Orlando to go to the parks NEVER stay in this hotel. Besides they rush you to check out before 10am and the keepers open your door and call fearsely to your phone.

3  Thank JMVL
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We recently spent a week here at the end of May with our 19 and 21 yr old-the villa was perfect for us-plenty of space. We had requested a newly renovated room close to the pool area. We were in Bldg 95 which was a great location. The unit was completely renovated with granite countertops- 3 flat screen TV's-2 king beds and 2 queen pull outsand a spacious living room/dining area. Having 2 full baths and 3 sink areas made getting ready so much easier than having a basic hotel room. We stopped on the way and picked up groceries for breakfast and snacks at the nearby Publix.

The 2 pool areas were both very nice and well maintained- one was more geared toward younger children. We spent alot of time at the Disney parks so we were not at the resort that much but there was alot to do there if you wanted to just relax and stay there.

Our only complaint was the check in-our room was not ready when we arrived at 2:00 and when we returned at 4:00 there was a huge line and some rooms were still not available. We were able to check in by 4:30, but by then 1/2 the day was gone and check out is at 10:00 which is early. If we had thought ahead of time you can request late checkout but by the time we did this they couldn't let anyone else check out late.

I was concerned after reading several negative reviews but we had a great experience and I would definitely recommend staying here!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank gallows
Reviewed June 13, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from our one week vacation in Orlando, Fl at the Marriott Grand Vista Resort. We vacationed there with his brother and wife in a two bedroom, lock-off king bed suite in Bldg 93 on the 5th floor facing the golf course. We are owners at Horizons, Orlando (currently renamed Harbour Pt), but traded in to stay at the Grande Vista this year. Horizons is really best for families with children. We have previously stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour, but could not get in this year. I thought that I would be disappointed with the Grand Vista since it is a much larger resort and didn't seem to have the homey atmosphere and lake views of the former. However, I was quite pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my stay at the Grande Vista even more than at Cypress. We requested and received a renovated room and it was just beautiful, quiet, comfortable, with a beautiful view of the golf course and a water view as well! There is granite everywhere in the kitchen and baths and of course the whirlpool tub in the master was great.

There are three flat screen TVs in the unit. One in each bedroom and a 40 ft screen in the living room. There is a large screen-in dining area off of the master bedroom and living room areas and a private porch also off of the second bedroom. The second bedroom had it's own sitting area, dining table, bath and bar/fridge area and could be locked off from the main dining area for more privacy. I would recommend this arrangement for couples. As always, all of the cooking utensils, plenty of bath and pool towels, as well as an in-suite stacked washer and dryer are provided. The free in-room WIFI worked well for my purposes.

We usually just vacation for relaxation and quality time together and don't visit the parks. We do always go to Olde Towne in Kissammee (about a 15 minute drive with traffic), which I do recommend for either couples or families with children. I believe that it only opens on weekends. There are lots of shops, rides, games, live music, an astounding bungee-jumping ride thats even fun to watch. They also feature a huge antique car show, as well. It's a cross between a carnival and a state fair and there is no charge for admission or parking. We also drove to Tampa to visit family and they also have a fairly large casino, The Hard Rock Cafe Casino, there as well. Otherwise, we just shop, eat-out at the area restaurants, play golf (at the Resort) or miniature golf in the area, or just cook in our rooms and view Netflix DVD's, which we bring along. Also, the Grande Vista has recently opened a spa on site. I highly recommend the Grand Vista Spa Pedicure, the best that I've ever had (I typically get mine done in Richmond every one-two months). I believe that my therapist's name was Bernadette, with whom I also received a very gentle and relaxing waxing service.

The resort also has a nicely appointed fitness area with the typical cardiovascular machinge (elliptical, treadmill, bikes...all with flat screen TV's), weight machines and free barbell weights. They also have an aerobic exercise room, a child play and child care area, all sorts of games (ping pong, billiards, tennis, boating, fishing), three separate pool areas throughout the resort with spas, gas and charcoal grills spread throughout, beautifally landscaped and perfect for walks. The facility has a 24-jpir manned security gate into the living area, a nice formal restaurant on site, and other smaller eating areas, including a free cotton candy station, and a candy shop. The Market Place is expensive. We recommend that you either go to the Publix grocery store which is a couple of miles away or the Wal-Mart which is probably about 5 miles away. We always bring a car and recommend one since there is so much to do in the area. We also recommend the Bonefish restaurant for fresh reasonably priced seafood- the coconut shrimp were superb!

We found everthing at the resort to be clean and in excellent repair and the services from check-in to check-out were great. Although we are Marriot owners, we also do the timeshare presentation. They are opening a new facility that now offers waterfront townhomes over by the Ritz-Carlton (which is also owned by Marriott). Owners there also get to use some of the Ritz facilities. We find their timeshare presentations to be very low-key and informative compared to others. They pick you up from the door of yourvilla and return you there and were very good about keeping to the 90 minute presentation, unless you wanted to see more. We opted not to and took the $75 Marriott card (per couple) good at any Marriott facility. We used it to pay towardsr our overnight stay at the Marriott Courtyard in Florence, SC on our way back to Richmond.

Negatives? Our flatscreen blinked out during about day 5. However, they sent up a repairman within about 30 minutes to troubleshoot and ended up bringing in another new TV. However, I really couldn't really register this as a complaint, since one never knows when the flatscreens will die. I had a similar problem with my own one at home after two years....and the important thing is that the Grande Vista staff addressed the issue quickly and with many apologies....so I couldn't complain. All and all a great stay and I highly recommend it.

8  Thank Love-my-Lhasa
Reviewed June 13, 2009

My partner and I just completed a 4 night stay at this property. We only recently took up the game of golf and wanted to try "resort golf" to see how we'd like it. It was the best long weekend we've ever taken together. We never left the property. No theme parks, no restaurants, no nightclubs--we simply couldn't pull ourselves from this gorgeous, secluded, quiet, sophisticated and romantic property. We fell in love with each other all over again. We golfed at Nick Faldo's golf institute--a gorgeously manicured and challenging 9-hole course. We swam at night under the stars at the lush and tropical palm tree-lined lagoon pool, we walked the sandy beach at night and gazed at the moon, we lounged in our room and sat on our private balcony overlooking the golf course and watched hawks and other wildlife in the woods surrounding the property. The staff was most accomodating, although room cleanup was sometimes very late in the afternoon. Our only complaint was the elevator in our building was very, very slow--and even was out of order for one day during our stay and we were on the 6th floor. However, it gave us an excuse to take the stairs and walk off the delicious meals served each night in Nick's Grill--a full service restaurant overlooking the golf course. You will not be disappointed in this property, especially if you are seasoned travelers looking for a private setting away from the noisy theme parks and ordinary Orlando fare. If you golf, you must go. You'll want to come back again and again. We've already booked again for later in the year--this time for a full week!

2  Thank two-in-tally
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Not being familiar with the Orlando area, I was very nervous about selecting a hotel. I could not have been more pleased with the Marriott Grande Vista. It was a great family location since there were daily activities for my 4 year old. I loved the privacy of the resort and the staff made us feel right at home.
I have told everyone about my experience with the maintence engineer. To fully enjoy the pool, we bought a new pool toy on our trip. We did not notice that the pool toy needed a screwdriver to put in the batteries. We called the front desk and they sent the maintanence engineer to help out. He arrived within 5 minutes to help us. He quickly found out that we had purchased the wrong battery size. He went to the shop and brought us back 2 batteries in the right size. Other hotels might have just told us "tought luck" but not at the Marriott.
I will never stay anywhere else in Orlando.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family