4,457 results
All reviewscopa locabedroom villasea worldfull kitchenmarriott vacation clubpaddle boatspizza hutmain pooltime shareice cream shopwasher and dryergreat resortmarriott propertiesinternational drivedaily activitiestennis courtsscreened in porch
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My family own a timeshare with another property, not with Marriotts, but was able to trade with one of the Marriotts properties. We considered ourselves lucky for even being able to get a condo at the Grande Marriotts in the middle of August in Florida.
The entrance to the property is grand. According to my spouse, Grande Vista is a beautiful resort!
When we checked in, the lady in the front desk gave us a puzzled look and said that we are already checked out. We just arrived! We had to wait for quite sometime before the problem was resolved.
The moment we entered the room, there was already a pungent smell. The smell was a cross between a wet carpet and molds.
The bathroom was not that clean either. The rest of the unit is clean so we decided to let go of the odor. We hoped that the smell will eventually go away. Unfortunately, the odor remained in the room. We had to call room service for an air freshener. They kindly responded to us. After 2 attempts of aerating the room, we gave up. We were worried that the molds will make our kids sick.
We requested for a room change. We were informed that there were a lot of newer units and because a lot of these units were empty, we can definitely request for one. We asked for a newer unit but unfortunately, we were assigned to an old unit again. The front desk personnel who helped us during the room change was rude.
The odor in the room we moved into was not as bad but had bugs this time. We got tired of complaining so we ignored the bugs.
A Marriotts Timeshare salesperson contacted us for a presentation, free breakfast, and free spending money in Disney. We initially agreed to attend but we changed our minds because we did not want to purchase a timeshare that does not seem to take care of its property and its clients. This Marriotts did not live up to our expectations.
The old units, the odor, and the bugs would have been ignored but customer service ( the front desk in particular ) is definitely a turn-off.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank fairadvisor
Reviewed August 10, 2008

My wife and I (both 39) and kids (14 and 12) stayed for a week with the main aim being close to Universal parks, which it is (it's also very close to Sea World and Aquatica - try this water park if you haven't already - mega).
I had booked this hotel largely based on its Best for Families award and so I was probably expecting it to be more than it offered. It's nice enough - nothing of any significance to be of particular concern - but it didn't blow us away.
It's a large resort but the only decent (ie non park quality) food was in Nick's Grill, which was very nice with good staff. We therefore spent most of our week going off-site for decent restaurants.
We booked a 2 bedroom villa which comprised a standard double room with en-suite connected to a larger double room with larger bathroom, larger kitchen area, lounge, two balconies and a jacuzzi bath.
Big plus points were the spacious accomodation, which for us was more than adequate, the in-room facilities (including full washing machine and dryer, large fridge, small fridge, 3 tv's and dvd players etc etc) and the jacuzzi, which after a long day walking around the parks was fantastic. All of this adds up to good value.
The downside to the 'villa' was that it was on the sixth floor and, as we found out to our annoyance, close to the large air conditioning units on the roof. I did speak to a very helpful member of the maintenance staff but, unsurprisingly, nothing could be done. It's possible that the management would have moved us if we had insisted but, having unpacked for the second time on our trip, we didn't fancy packing again.
There are a number of pools spread out throughout the site, although we only used one of them, which was quiet and nice. There are also BBQ areas all around the resort which are available for use (gas and charcoal). We did make use of this one night when visited by friends and this was a good facility for a night off from more formal dining.
Overall, the resort is above average but because of the lack of good restaurants on site and the noise from the air conditioning we can only give it 4/5. Admittedly, not all of the rooms will suffer from this but those on the top floors will.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I was very excited when I saw the picture online with all the pools; the images looked so inviting...BUT when you get there it's a different story. The resort needs to be updated. They have about 6 buildings called "The West" that are newly built and they are usually booked by Grande Vista Timeshare Holders- SO forget about requesting the rooms because they make no promises to place you in any room; however, the staff will take requests which means nothing when you arrive.. The shower smelled really bad.. You can tell the rooms are not thoroughly cleaned-just enough to look nice. The newer buildings and renovated buildings are far from the main attractions: The Maze, Front Desk, and etc... The elevator areas are very dirty and hot!!! My kids did enjoy the day camp for $30.00 a day from 11-3 ( rip off)...The beds are very comfortable.. It was okay; I will go back only if I can get in the new building.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I traded my time share with Interval International for a week from 07/20/2008-07/27/2008; the one bedroom unit at the Grande Vista was everything I had expected from the high standard of Marriott Vacation Club. This is the best timeshare resort in Orlando; this is my twelveth trip to Orlando (six in timeshare resort). Everyone at the resort from the front desk clerk to the security was courteous and helpful, the resort ground is well maintained and clean. The one bedroom unit is equiped with full kitchen, which is essential if you wish to save a few bucks. The washer/dryer is another plus, not to mention the jet tub in the bedroom; bigger than the one in Hilton. The main pool at the resort has plenty of lounge chairs, the lap pool, kiddie pool and two jacuzzis meant the whole family could enjoy the area. I really had a nice relaxing vacation, thanks to Grande Vista and my compliment to the Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank retiredhaha
Reviewed July 31, 2008

The room was efficient and the bed clean and comfy. The room did smell a little musty though. Our room did not have a blow dryer and the hotel ran out of them. They even called in the morning to wake us up to tell us they could not locate one! If your room is near one of the pools - be warned it will be loud in your room! Then after an exhausting day in Orlando (in July!) we could not go to sleep as someone was having a huge party with LOUD music and yelling and screaming. We are not old, but we ended up calling the front desk to complain and then we had to call security directly. It took about an hour to shut it down! Would not go back..

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family