I returned today from 6 days at this resort, and this is my favorite Marriott Vacation Club thus far. There are 2 lovely pool complexes, each with an adjacent bar & grill. There is an ice cream and candy sweetery in an on-site light house, There is a well-equipped gym, an on-site convenience store of significant size, boats to rent and ride around the lake that splits the property in half, a tennis complex, and a 9-hole golf course. There is a lap pool and multiple hot tubs. One pool complex has a more festive, upbeat attitude with fun Caribbean & Reggae music playing, while the other is much more quiet. If you can't find something here you like, then there is no pleasing you. There are plenty of deck chairs, too; no waiting around trying to find someplace to sit.
This resort is only a half mile from International Drive, which if you know Orlando, is packed with restaurants, bars, activities, etc. I almost forgot there is a small beach area with beach volleyball and fishing (you can rent poles) on-site, as well.
The staff from the front desk to the bar to the housekeeping folks were all very friendly and cordial. It was such an upbeat environment with both families and couples alike. The food prices were very good, and the drink prices were what you would expect from a resort.
The room was in line with other Marriott Vacation Clubs, although "less" glam than a standard Marriott hotel room.
I stayed in building 84 which overlooked the festive pool complex. In the morning, I would sit on my deck and just enjoy the atmosphere. It was very relaxing and rejuvenating. I did not try a spa service, so I can't comment on that aspect, but I expect it would be better than average.
I will definitely return. The resort is as lovely as the pics you see on-line, especially at night, with all the palm trees wrapped in lights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando