I've stayed at this property many, many times over the years and find it a great, but not perfect, getaway. We took the two kids for their first trip to Disney in late February of this year and stayed here....not surprised at all that during the days out and about, they couldn't wait to get back to the resort.
First, the good...it's in a great spot in Orlando. Secluded, but close to everything. Nine hole golf course on site and an 18 hole course across the street. Pools are fun for both the adults and kids - they're plenty big and spacious enough so if you want some alone time in or near water, it's there. Villa's have some of the nicest appointments anywhere. Granite counters, full kitchens, nice appliances, beautiful furnishings, everyone has a balcony or patio (2 if you have a 2BR unit). Gated, safe and secure. Poolside bars are great for beverages, snacks and light meals. Faldo's restaurant on the premises has great food all around. Prices for everything on premises are very reasonable. Plenty of pools all around the property, so you're no more than a few steps away from the closest one. The pond, activities, trails around the property and everything else really make this a place to stay for a week and you'd never have to leave if you don't want to.
I really can't say anything is "bad" at this property, but some things on the "downside" - WIFI has been slow for years and continues to be an issue for those of us who need it for internet access. Despite booking a 2BR villa early and requesting something close to the center of the "village" we ended up a few buildings away - this wasn't a deal-breaker for me, however - I book here like any other hotel and they told me straight up that their "owners" come first and I can appreciate that. This is a large property and some sort of construction is always taking place (sometimes large, sometimes small). They had a building close to us having a major "refresh" at the time, but again, it wasn't anything any of us had a major issue with other than some noise early in the AM.
Some people who have noted the lack of attention from Marriott regarding this property are spot-on. It's one of their corporate-owned resorts - which may be part of the problem. If it were owned by one of their franchisees, Marriott would mandate that any deficiencies get corrected immediately and customer service would be WAY better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Vacatia, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando