Marriott lived up to it's reputation as a top-notch timeshare. We arrived around 5:00 on Saturday and waited about 5 minutes in line to check in. The check-in went very smoothly and we were given a 2 bedroom unit that overlooked the lake and the golf course. The unit was well furnished and had a master bedroom with a king bed and a second bedroom with 2 queen beds. The rooms were furnished nicely and were clean. Each bedroom had a flat-screen tv with plenty of channels available. The kitchen was well supplied with everything that we needed. Service for 8 plus the lock-off second bedroom had a service for 2. However there were no utensils in the lock-off. There was a microwave and a dishwasher in the lock-off but no refrigerator. There was a couch in the lock-off and a small table and two chairs. The table was fine to use for the computer. The wi-fi at the Marriott was excellent and I had no problems connecting or staying connected.
The living room was comfortable with a sleeper sofa and two easy chairs. The dining area was part of the open space and had a large table and 6 chairs. There was a washer/dryer combination in the unit. Not a large capacity one, but more than sufficient.
The master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub and a really nice shower. There was more than enough room to make us feel at home.
My one suggestion to anyone staying in the resort and probably in the Orlando area, is bring your own bottled water. I am not a water snob but the water is treated so heavily that you do not want to drink it. This is not a problem with the resort but it is city wide.
The Marriott has loads of activities to keep you busy. Plus the Orlando area has so much to do. If you are not into the theme parks, you could stay at the resort and not feel that you have missed out on the fun.
Thanks Marriott for a wonderful week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Vacatia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando