“Highly recommended”

Marriott's Grande Vista
Ranked #61 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. We had a large 2 bedroom apartment, with living room/dining kitchen area. White large. The master bedroom had a huge jacuzzi bath which the children loved. My mum had the single room next door with her own entrance, with bedroom/kitchen area. We were just round the corner from a pool area. We were out a lot doing tourist stuff!
We really enjoyed it here, beautiful surroundings. Only thing I didn't like was there was no maid service (which we are used to), without paying for it separately.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kosconli
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Grande Vista

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We are staying here for a week. Excellent location to everything - restaurants, Disney, Seaworld, shops and everything in between. Hotel is great. Lots to do with kids and or on your own. Golf course is immaculate!!!
You need to have access to a car to get around.

1  Thank aries10
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This property is part of the Marriott Vacation Club. We were staying in a one bedroom unit during this stay. The staff at this hotel was most attentive to any needs we had during our stay. The grounds are very well kept and the amenities offered are terrific. The location is excellent with close proximity to all the attractions.

The cons are that the rooms are in need of being updated. They aren't horrible but the carpets are a bit worn and the furniture seems dated but the rooms are clean and well appointed. The kitchen areas look like they have been refurbished lately with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. Also - do they really need to charge 7 bucks for a 16 oz glass of Miller Lite at the pool bars ?

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room,
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SOC_Owner
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very friendly. The resort is so beautiful. Even the drive up to the reception. Sadly we were only here for 1 night but i will have to come back and enjoy the ammenities like pool etc. We had a studio and it was nice with a very big bed. Only minor was the fridge that made a lot o noise so i swtiched it off. We were in building 94 which is opposit the pool, market place etc. This might be interesting when u r with kids. So close by. I do recommend this for golfers. Beautiful landscaping.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JillyBelgium
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a huge condo, with more than 10 buidings , each with at least 5 floors in the middle of a golf course. Very quiet and pleasant at the buildings, but busy on the common grounds. Have a market place, ice cream parlor, pizza hut inside.But the best place to eat is Nick,s grill. Try the breakfast included rate if available, its worth taking. Although it lacks sliding tubes, it may save you waterpark tickets. locted next to international drive very close to sea world. But you certainly need a car (there is a Hertz office in the main desk, if you need). Rooms are big specially de full kitchenettes (wich includes laundry machines inside), very useful when staying long.

Room Tip: there are three group of pools, but the best is the opposite to main desk building . There are opt...
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Just returned from the Grande Vista hours ago...although I don't travel much at all, I will let common sense prevail here for this review. I think this resort is fantastic. I traveled with my wife, three children, in laws, and my parents and had an absolute blast. Where do I begin? Staff? Convenience? Location? The amazing pool area? ( several pools, specific lap pool, kiddie pools, and play areas, hot tubs, and convenient sauna just outside the main pool?) Activities?

I guess I will start with the staff. Since we had a good size group, it was important to be in the same building for convenience. However, upon check in, we were in different buildings. Along with a request to be in the same building, we also requested to be close in proximity to the main pool since the market place, ice cream shop, and restaurant were in the same vicinity. We politely addressed our concerns and our issue was resolved from a manager after the initial staff member could not rectify the problem...it appeared to be too complex for the staff member to make the necessary modifications he needed too. No biggie. We were all placed in building 95 and were more than satisfied. The majority of all other staff members we encountered throughout our stay were more than happy to help us and had smiles on their faces. The sun and 80 degree weather all week may have contributed to everyone's happiness.

We initially had a two bedroom villa, but switched with my parents when we realized that the little ones can open the second bedroom door very easily. It appears the locking mechanism activates upon closing and the only extra lock on the inside is the metal clasp that swings in from the right of the door, allowing the door to only open so far. Our five year old is quite savvy so we didn't like the idea of the kids having access to the outside so easily from a room we would not be able to see from our room.

We switched to the one bedroom villa and it worked well for us. We requested a pack and play area for the baby and it was quickly brought up to us...not gonna fabricate, it could have been a little cleaner. We wiped it down ourselves and moved on. No biggie. The pull out couch appeared to work well for our two girls as they got a nice nights sleep every night with no complaints. Our bed was quite comfy and the pillows were fine for us. The AC and ceiling fan contributed to a nice nights sleep as well for us.

My only gripe is that the room could have been better taken care of. To be honest to the readers, the furniture was dusty, the curtains struggled to slide smoothly, the grout in the tiles need to be cleaned, one window didn't lock properly (fixed it with a clothes hanger), the coffee maker was old and didn't work well, and our tv came in like crap. I could have addressed this with the staff but didn't want to take on the complaining role. Quite frankly, it didn't bother me much. I suppose it's because I only paid a portion of the goin rate due to my parents being owners here. I don't know how this timeshare thing works with trading, points, rates, etc. so excuse my partially biased view here as opposed to the owners reviews. With that said, I was here to have a good time and was not going to let some housekeeping issues take away our real focus. In the grand scheme of things, I'm on vacation, not on an episode of House Hunters.

The place is absolutely huge. The grounds are meticulously maintained and well lit during the evening. Nicks Grill is pricey but has very good food...as is the restaurant across from the market place. Had both breakfast and lunch there and was very satisfied. I think they charge like 17 dollars for an unlimited fountain soda cup for the week. Not bad. They also have Starbucks coffee and a Pizza Hut inside the restaurant. Very convenient but a little pricey. I would use the market place as a last resort to shop for things. The supermarket Publix is very close to the resort. I recommend doing a shopping here when u arrive and fill your fridge and cabinets with items you plan on eating. You will probably buy more than what you need but you will still be ahead of the game in the long run. We got a flier for an Orlando Pizza just prior to leaving. Apparently they deliver to the grounds and had a decently priced menu. That might be something to explore on evening.

There is so much to do throughout the day as evident by the daily activity sheet. Due to all the Disney activities we did, we only participated in the s'mores event on the beach area. What fun we had! Very well organized and just a good vibe with some acoustic guitar music playing throughout. Had the weather been bad, we would have participated in more activities at the resort. I'm confident this place could really meet expectations of guests who choose to spend the majority of the vacation on the grounds.

I have been a gym rat for several years so I had to sneak a work out in. I thought the fitness center was excellent. Very clean and top of the line equipment. You could definitely get a good workout in if need be.

Lastly, the location of the Grande Vista is very favorable to an over all fun vacation.. We enjoy Sea World so being literally right down the road from it is awesome...especially since most passes allow you to come back at another time. International Drive has a ton of stuff to do once you are all Disneyed out.

Aside from some minor housekeeping issues, this place is good to go.

Room Tip: We enjoy overlooking the golf course. Very tranquil and a break from the pool scene when needed.
1  Thank Riley M
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We came here with an 18 month old daughter. I was attending a conference down the road and we didnt go to any parks. Instead we spent 3 days in the resort and loved it. This is not a 5* hotel, but a resort that h se of catering facilities. We were really pleasantly surprised by the room. We went for a 2 bed villa, which had a very large kitchen/dining/living room. Much bigger than our manhattan apartment! This opened on to a balcony from which we could see the pool, but we're nicely set back. There were 2 other large rooms. One had twin beds and an adjacent bathroom. The master had a hot tub and en suite shower and toilet room. The master also opened directly to the balcony.
The kitchen was great. Dishwasher, cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, washer, drier and fridge freezer. Couldn't ask for more.
Really the apartment was great.
The resort has a few pools. A large one in the Center with food and drink facilities surrounding it. We didn't use it much, as we preferred our quiet pool for our daughter. The is a bar at this one, but short hours meant we didnt really use it. A third pool had a kind of pirate theme, with water cannons, slides and things for the kids. Also a nice bar/restaurant with a rooftop bar. Pools ar open until 11pm, but noise didn't affect us. Really nice.
There are golf facilities too, and as a Scottish golfer, I would say they look great, although we did not use them so I can't comment on price etc. certainly did not seem over crowded in April.
The staff are really friendly.
Linen was nice and towels were changed daily.
As for food, there are restaurants in the resort, but we used ones in the area, of which there are loads.
So this was the same price as a room at the JW Marriott on the corporate rate, and we are pleased we went for this resort. Looking back, a 1 bed may have been enough, as I wanted to make sure our daughter had her own room, and I suspect we could easily have managed, but still the price was good. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family