New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #50 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Overall very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Check in was a breeze. Room was large & very clean with large comfortable bed & good shower, also very quiet.
All staff we interacted with were very helpful & friendly.
Bar & table areas were clean at the poolside restaurant, food was just fast food burgers etc, but reasonably priced & tasty.
The resort was huge but handy for the Orlando attractions.
Would certainly use again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BriBriUK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at the Grande Vista while doing a week of Disney. My wife and I agreed it would have been nice just to stay and play/relax at the Grande Vista property. Our 2 bedroom condo was roomy, clean, and well kept. Staff was wonderful. Nice view of the lake from most rooms it appears. We had no trouble with noise but I could see how that might be a problem if your room was looking out at one of the pools. The kids loved the pool and the poolside restaurant, Copa Loco dished out some good grub. Love to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Svs1964
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days after exchanging my timeshare. I went with some girlfriends for a bachelorette spa get away. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite and it was great. The beds were comfy and I slep well. The bachelorette however did not sleep well. She did not like the bed and stayed in the main bedroom (I stayed in the second bedroom). It was the weekend of Hurricane sandy so it was windy and apparently being a light sleeper the howling wind kept her awake. I on the other hand did not hear a thing as the second room seemed to be a different angle (you could hear it in the main area and master bedroom). Also, we were on a top floor.

The elevator had a mat that smelled like a rubber factory so we used the stairs the whole time. It was a good 6 floor workout:)

The facility has a lot of amenities such as a pizza hut, half size golf course, several pools, a spa, kids area and gym.

We ate at the golf course bar and the food was good. The bartender was very nice, attentive and personable.

We used the spa for a few treatments. The staff was wonderful and the spa itself was nice. They have a steam room (we didn't use it since it is like walking outside in Florida during the summer) and a few treatment rooms. I had a stone massage and a pedicure. The therapist was great and the pedicurist was wonderful. She even gave me a touch up the day I went home as one of my toes was cracked (I kicked something running around).

Now, here is the deal. In order to get to the spa you have to walk past the kids activity center, public computers and down the hall from check in. I had my massage in the couples room and the entire time I was there I could hear some wretched woman screaming at her children. They need to reinforce the walls. It was terrible.

Also, I know it is Orlando so it will not be a kid free environment but putting the spa right next to the kiddie corral was irritating. They did not put any thought into the placement. Even my friend that has two kids thought it was stress inducing. If she had her kids with her she wouldn't want a treatment to then be bombarded by her kiddos right away.

Overall, the stay was nice and the staff was really friendly. The rooms were clean (we did not opt for room service as it is an additional charge and we can clean up after ourselves each day) and were decorated well. I would definitley stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the smaller of the two rooms (give the kids the master suite) if it is windy and you have a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kristina P
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place is HUGE- lots and lots of units. After reading reviews we asked for an updated unit and it seemed like we got it- Building 87- the location was nice- viewing the golf course and very close to a quiet pool. The main pool was a bit away but too crowded. I liked the location of the resort to the Orange County Convention center- enjoyed all the shopping- outlets, theme parks and restaurants being so close. Didn't do any of the activities at the resort but lots were offered. Nice to have a living room with two bedrooms in opposite directions- made it great for privacy. They never once came and gave us clean towels or a room clean - only complaint.

Room Tip: Building 87 was updated.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rita T
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Beautiful place! Nice, clean rooms. The lake view is spectacular. The balcony area is large. This place has so much to offer The property is well kept with nice restaurants.The location is great, close to the major attractions. I will definitely stay at this Marriott again when visting the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sg300
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the MGV for 7 nights in mid October and had a wonderful time. I requested a lake view building, high floor, renovated room and received it upon check in. We arrived early (around 12n) and was prepared to kill a bit of time before check in, which is at 4pm, but our room was ready, how nice. The grounds are beautiful. The staff was very friendly. Very big resort with good views (in my opinion) from all buildings. It's all in what you prefer.This is our fourth visit to this particular resort and it only seems to get better. My only (very mild) complaint would be that the housekeeping staff during the day use the same elevators as the guests. If you are on a top floor as we were, prepare for a long wait for the elevator and sometimes be packed in with the housekeeping staff. On one occasion, we waited up to 3 minutes and eventually had to take the stairs down, just to see an employee holding the elevator for another employee!! There is plenty of parking for the guests, but we also noticed that housekeeping (during the day) park there carts in the spots for guests. Not any parking space, but the closest to the elevators. So it is kind of irritating when you are coming back from a long day at the parks (or wherever) and you notice that the top 2 spots in front of your building is being occupied by carts from the staff. Other than that minor complaint, this is an awesome resort and we will be returning.

Room Tip: Corner units with the circular balcony seems to be a bit bigger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Diamondgirl
Hampstead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just stayed in a 3 Bedroom suite in Building 98. The location is great. Within 15 Minutes of all the attractions. Property kept very clean. The only drawback was that they start mowing early in the AM. Everyone was very friendly. I called the week before we were going and requested a top floor suite and they took care of that. The property is large with 4 pools and is gated. I will be returning new year for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family