“Short but pleasant stay”

Marriott's Grande Vista
Ranked #60 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
N.Ireland
“Short but pleasant stay”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We only stayed one night in this resort and due to a flight delay did not check in until 2am.

Check-in was very quick and efficient. This is a time share resort, we booked it online with Marriott and are not owners. check out is 10am.

It's a beautiful resort, lush vegetation and very large. Staff are very friendly.

We had a 1 bedroom. Very nice although somewhat dated. Fully equipped kitchen, dining table, sofa bed. Then separate bedroom with jacuzzi bath and separate shower and toilet. Access to balcony from bedroom and lounge.

I would have been more than happy to spend a longer time here. Great location in

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, FL
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I did not think I would stay here a second time around after our first experience...

The first time we stayed here we loved everything about this resort right until our checkout day. The day we were to checkout we overslept, we are all human right? We were woken up by the knocking at the door from housekeeping. I open the door and explained to her how we overslept that we needed a few to wash up and get ready to go. 10 mins had passed and she knocked again. I told her we still needed a few more minutes. I felt like we were getting rushed out of there! SO I called the front desk to let them know what was going on they told me they would let housekeeping know to go back to the room in another half hour, by then we would be gone. Well not even 2 mins. had passed that i got off the phone with the front desk, i get a call from the housekeeper i would guess from another room telling me that checkout is at 10:00am that i needed to leave the room. I think she was trying to pretend she was the front desk, but i recognized her heavy accent. That was it i was fed up with her and told her i had already called front desk and they gave me more time. She hung on me. It took us roughly 30 mins since we were woken to get ready to leave. When we stepped out of the room there she was standing next to her cart just waiting, it was kind of creepy actually. She gave us an ugly look. I was so upset and had to tell myself to keep my cool.

Fast forward to last weekend's stay....
I booked here again because we got to use our AAA rate which was a VERY good rate. We couldnt pass it up. I was not going to let that experience with a housekeeper get in the way of staying at this beautiful resort. This time i would make sure all our bags are packed and alarm clocks set the night before checkout! (Which we normally do anyway but that one time) This resort is just wonderful, their pools are fantastic, great bar, great play area, easy access to their gym, secured location with guard at their entrance. My ONE complaint about this resort which I am not sure if they can fix is their poor cell phone reception and poor Wi-Fi connection. Other than that I will definitely recommend this resort and stay here again.

Room Tip: If internet is important to you, get ready to be disappointed. This place is a blackhole for cellph...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DIORLOU
NY
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I only have good things to say about this place. We enjoyed every second while staying here. The pool area's were great. There was plenty of room to sit. They had plenty of children's activities. The beds were very comfortable. There was easy check in and check out process....no fuss no hassles. Rooms were clean and the place is quiet. It was like a home away from home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Recently spent a girl's weekend at Marriott's Grande Vista. This was my sencond stay at this resort in the last few years. This experience was not as positive as the first. Our room # 6521 had a number of facility and housekeeping issues. Staff was always apologetic but these basic service issues should have been avoided. When I first checked in I found the toilet in the MBR running and the shower in the second bedroom was not clean with used soap and towels in shower. Housekeeping and mainenance both responded at the same time. The shower was cleaned and the toilet was fixed. When the maintenance person left, toilet was dirty and needed to request housekeeping a second time.

The kitchen and livingroom had small ants. Had to call for the kitchen and dining area to be sprayed. The maintenance person said they are ghost ants and they were a nuisance the entire stay. Notified front desk at check-out to have a professional exterminator come spray the unit after feeling very buggy all week. Lost some food that was sitting in the pantry to the ants and had to keep everything in the fridge. Also reported that the dishwasher was leaking.

We did spend Saturday morning and afternoon at the pool and it was fun and relaxing. My niece enjoyed the hot tub and pool area. We also ate at the poolside. Service was slow and food was average. The last night we also ordered from Pizza Hut. Food order was wrong so they had to cook a new pizza and deliver it to the villa. Was annoying but mistakes do happen.

Overall, we didn't spend much time in room becuase of the activities at the Disney Parks and surrounding area. When we were in the villa, we were grossed out by the ants. Not at all the experience I had the first time. Will reconsider my choices in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated villa.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Luv2TravWayne_NJ
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband, 4 year old son and I just returned from a 3 day/2 night stay at Grande Vista and the resort was amazing! We were impressed by the amount of amenities and the upgraded style of the rooms. We booked a studio room (King size bed and queen sleeper sofa with small kitchenette area) for a great price. This resort also has 2 and 3 bedroom units. The pictures of the property on this and other websites do not do this place justice. This is absolutely a great family friendly resort. There is a game room, a recreation center with kids activities and fitness classes for adults, a giant maze (think McDonald's play place but much cleaner and updated) area for little kiddos, 4 pools, pool side bars and restaurants, boat rental, golf, daily activities and more. There was a fine dining restaurant at the golf clubhouse which we didn't try, a pool side bar and grill (Copa Loca) which had delicious food and drinks, the Grande Cove restaurant which served Pizza Hut pizzas (which also deliver to your room), pastas, salads, sandwiches and whole rotiseree chickens. Also, there is a delicious "sweetery" which serves ice cream, candy and fresh baked cookies. The marketplace store sells groceries along with breakfast foods and Starbucks coffee. The resort is pretty big and absolutely beautiful to look at. Transportation services around the resort are free and the staff all over the property were so nice. Everyone kindly greeted us everywhere we went and asked us how our vacation was. We also enjoyed the island themed music playing by the pools, made us really feel like we are on vacation! They have thought of every detail.This is a timeshare property, but we did not get ANY sales pitches, phone calls for appointments or any gimmicks to reel you into a presentation. Overall, this place is a winner. Lots to do, beautiful property and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Building 95 was a short walk to the Village Center (main building), restaurants and pools. Close eno...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nicole K
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We parked the car, and enjoyed the entire facility. Our one bedroom first floor villa was clean and quite. We brought our small Frisbee and played in the pool for hours. My husband would rather sit in the shade all day, so he was completely happy with the umbrella layout! We also used the gym while we were there. They have nice machines, and just enough equipment to get a decent workout in. My son enjoyed the kids maze area, smore's by campfire, and tested every pool over the course of our visit. We have nothing to complain about. We did stop by Marriott's World Resort just to compare properties. That hotel is not for us. We will however revisit Grande Vista & Harbor Lake.

Room Tip: If your not going to visit any of the nearby parks, you will find plenty of things to do at this loc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TPPChef
North Carolina
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here for four nights. All of the reviews that I read sounded really good. I was kind of disappointed when we got here. First of all this place is huge. You could be far away from the pools so be sure to ask for a room close to the pool. The room was just okay. It had a kitchen, dining room, den, bathroom, and bedroom.
It did show some wear.
Also, what is up with the sheets on the bed. They are the loudest sheets I have ever heard. I was up all night from the noise of the sheets. Everytime you moved you could hear the sheets. The bed was very hard. Also, you could hear people talk and doors slam.
I would not stay here again. Very pricey for what you get.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple