“Beautiful Place”

Ranked #57 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Beautiful Place”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom villa, that was spectacular! two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two queen sized sofa beds, a full kitchen equipped with all the necesities, and two balconies. This place has everything you need to enjoy an extended stay. The pools ar beautiful and have activities throughout the day for all ages, the gym is great, bars and restaurants are good, they even have a sauna & spa. This is a must stay if you have a large group that wants to stay together.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank stareyes13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (978)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We've been to Orlando and done the theme park routine many times, but this was a completely different trip for us, a few days away just for the two of us. So we were looking for something different where there were lots of facilities on site. I like to play golf but knew it wasn't going to be the be all and end all. The Grande Vista resort didn't disappoint, great location, beautifully laid out, excellent courteous staff and very good facilities. The pool area we used was close to reception, never overcrowded, very clean and relaxing. I had one round of golf at the Nick Faldo 9 hole course, lots of water to avoid and only lost 3 balls, again a very good course and a good challenge. As there are so many places to eat within a 10 minute drive we ate out every night. For any english travellers planning to stay here, Outback steak house, Panera bread, Carrabba's Italian, Red Lobster are all within easy reach, along with any of the theme parks and Premium Outlets. We were travelling out of season, so this must be allowed for but would definitely go back.

Room Tip: There were a few blocks out of commission due to refurbishment but this didn't affect or impact...
Round Lake, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Initially we were invited down at a discounted rate for a time share presentation. The grounds are very clean and relaxing. 8 pools with3 hot tubs. Kid friendly. Manicured golf course. Paddle boats and fishing available. Gated with security. Very happy with the grounds.

We had a two bedroom villa. Full kitchen. Everything was fairly updated, modern. Very clean. Beds were comfortable. Pull out couch, was not. Nicely stocked kitchen. Layout was good. You can hear a lot of noise through the walls. Hear people outside of the room and in the living room, when you are in the bedroom with the door closed. Sometimes disturbing my sleep.

The pools are a great feature on the property. Open till 11 pm. After a long day walking at the park, it's nice to jump in the hot tub. One complaint is I wish it was open till 12. Security closes the pool and bar down very close to 11. Also, kids are in the pool up till closing, so don't plan on any adult time. The bars are near the pools but pricey. $10 + tip for a piña coloda. It was good though. Get the rum floater on it. Mmmmm!

Overall nice place. Recommend!

Btw- we didn't buy the time share but, it's not a bad deal if you travel a lot.

• Stayed October 2012
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife & I are 61 and returned to this property after a oisy encounter in March, 2012. Not much change. Orlando is simply for families so each pool, beach (there is a beach on this property) and restaurant is loud and noisy. Families feel it is OK to yell across a pool, courtyard, parking lot and restaurant. Be prepared. If you are a family with children, you will be fine.

The property here is large.. very large and contains a golf course. This means there are many amenities but, plenty of noise from maintenance folks. If they are not mowing, they are trimming bushes and if not trimming, they are blowing every single leaf off the roadway. It is constant. When you couple this with building maintenance.. which is ongoing.. it is simply not peaceful to stay. We will not go back.

Keep in mind that without the maintenance, properties fall apart. The problem is, being so large and the way the buildings are arranged, one cannot escape.

Again, for families who are visiting Orlando for the parks, etc., this is a great place and location. If you want a quiet place.. got to the Marriott timeshare in West Palm Beach.. Singer Island.

Room Tip: Many units face the pool so this is convenient and loud. Some of these untis' terraces are withi...
Houston, TX
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had an okay experience here, but I would not go back. The best thing was the rate. Also, the one bedroom suite we had was nice and quite clean, though a bit dated. The bathroom was probably the most dated area, and the shower, while clean and large, was ugly. Plain beige cracked tile - it reminded me of a dorm room from college.

Now, this was more of a timeshare place, and I guess that explains the fact that we did not have housekeeping. As I understand it, you could pay more for housekeeping, but it wasn't explained to me and the group I was with clearly. One woman thought our rooms would get housekeeping - others thought differently. It just shouldn't be confusing. And given that it is a Marriott, it shouldn't be extra. But oh well. Our rooms were not cleaned while we were there. If you don't mind that, then this spot may be for you. There was lots of stuff to do for kids, so if you want to bring the kiddos, this is a great place to do so (and there were a lot of kids this particular weekend).

The grounds themselves were nice and the pool areas were nice as well. Service was okay - just nothing to write home about.

The thing that really irritated me that moved this down to 1 star instead of 2 or 3... on the day we were checking out, at about 8 AM in the morning, housekeeping came and knocked on the door. This actually p***ed me off. First, check out was at 10 AM, so we already had to leave early. Second, you know we are checking out, so why in the h**l are you knocking on the door, waking us up, to clean the room for somebody else???!! We are trying to relax for what little time we have left there, and you are going to knock that early in the morning on a weekend? This also happened to a friend of mine who was there (at her suite). It's particularly inconvenient because these are suites, so to ensure that housekeeping hears you and does not attempt to come in, you have to get out of bed, leave the bedroom and go to the door to yell through it. At least that's what I had to do in order to be heard. Never again.

The fact that housekeeping had to start that early in the morning was their problem. Not mine. And by waking us up that early, you made it our problem. That is no way to treat guests.

Never again. Maybe this is how all timeshares work. If so, for those who like them, you can have em. You would probably like this. But if I want to clean my own room during a multi-stay trip, then I'll stay at home. And if I want to be woken up early, then I'll stay at home and let my kids do that. There's no reason to pay Marriott for an unwanted wake up visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Malie
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed a week at the Marriott Grade Vista. We arrived from the airport by taxi as we did not rent a car. The resort seems to be located in a deserted part of International Drive so it can be easily missed. There is a Trolley and bus stop in front of the resort. It is close to SeaWorld and very far from downtown.

It took a long time from check-in to entering our unit. After getting the keys to our unit, we waited for a long time in lobby for the resort shuttle to take us to the designated building but the shuttle never came and the front desk people were not able to contact the shuttle driver. So after 40 minutes of waiting we decided to carry our bags and walk 10 minutes to the room. There is supposed to be a shuttle every 15 minutes but I guess the driver took an extra long break.

We stayed at a 2 bedroom unit facing the pond. The unit was well appointed and clean. There are flat screen TVs in every bedroom as well as the living room with a variety of excellent channels. The air conditioning was not very controllable as very cool air flowed through the vents non-stop even after trying to lower the temperature. The kitchen contains everything you need except for the food.

The beds and the linens were excellent but the pillows were past their life. The pillows had absolutely no firmness to them. The towels are not fluffy and it also seems past its life. Daily housekeeping is available for a charge.

The resort grounds were well maintained. The architecture, pools, sand area and the paths make the resort very appealing. The games place with a ping pong table is intimidating to use as the resort placed a full-time attendant there watching your every move. The ice cream place offered basic ice cream, not the kind you get at Ben & Jerry’s.

Getting around the resort is easy but to get out is a challenge. It is a long walk to the entrance and the resort will not offer you a short ride from their many shuttles and golf carts. There seems to be more hotel employees driving around the resort in the shuttles and golf carts than actually doing any work or attending the guests.

Overall, a similar experience can be found in many resorts in Florida but the Marriott Grade Vista was a good vacation place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ocean Park, Maine
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I do not exchange my timeshare very often but I would to go here. It is a great resort with very accomodating personnel. I stayed there a week recently and it could not have been more perfect. I do not pay for maid service at my resort but there is a charge here. I really did not need the service as I am not a very fussy person. I spent most of the time off the resort but it was very nice to get back there every night for a restful evening.

Room Tip: Stay in buildings 81, 82 or 83 to be close to all the action. A higher floor may be nice if it is to...
1 Thank TigerRoll