4,492 results
All reviews copa loca bedroom villa sea world full kitchen marriott vacation club paddle boats pizza hut main pool time share ice cream shop washer and dryer great resort marriott properties international drive daily activities tennis courts screened in porch
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Recently stayed at Grande Vista for the third time. Hadn't been there in a couple years. While still very nice, it is definitely showing it's age. Not so much in the rooms, but the grounds aren't kept up like they used to be. Still a cut above most, but I have to say I was somewhat disappointed.

Pro's

Nicely appointed rooms with plenty of space.
Pools are nicely kept and very family friendly.
On site 9 hole golf course is very nice and easy for kids to play.
Very nice tennis courts that were seldom used while we were there.
Close to Sea World, and grocery shopping.

Con's

Property is vastly understaffed. From the front desk, to housekeeping to the grounds crews. Long waits, and underwhelming service were the rule on this trip.
In addition to long waits at check in, the staff there were pretty dismissive. Maybe because they were so busy, but certainly didn't see any of them 'going the extra mile' for even the most basic of requests. I can honestly say that in a week staying there, we did not once feel welcome by an employee.
Be prepared for exceedingly long walks to the main pool area. Our unit was 1/3 of a mile away from the main pool. Thats fine for the adults and teens, but my 4 tear old grew weary of the hike quickly.

Marriott vacation clubs are always a trade off for my family. We love all the extra space, compared to being on site at Disney. You are a little 'further away from the action,. In the past we reconciled that loss with the fact that we were at a really nice upscale resort. This time that really nice resort wasn't quite as nice as it was in the past. We'll probably go back to staying on property at Disney.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The property was fantastic! We were a family of 5 and we were all very impressed by the property. My husband's words after walking into our bedroom "Ok...I'm impressed". The kids loved the pool area! We were up the street from SeaWorld! I loved that we were close to Publix supermarket! We stayed days! Wish we could have stayed a little longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Charlotte R
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had a great stay here. Arrived on Thursday & I guess most timeshare weeks are from Sat - Sat because the resort really filled up on Saturday. Room was clean & comfortable. Pools & jacuzzis were great. Restaurant closed @ 9pm on Saturday which I thought was a bit early. My only complaint was that I had a massage @ the spa which triggered a bad flare of sciatica. But I can't really blame the therapist for that. But from now on I will stick with my own massage therapist. Would I go back? Definately! Really enjoyed Disney & Sea World. Orlando is a great tourist town.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank fayefaye9191
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed as paying guests, for the second time. You get a large room (2 bed suite), but it isn't cheap. Hotel has faded since our first visit, or room was curling at the edges - in need of a refurb. We also found the room not cleaned twice in seven nights and had to request towels - no real appology given. I'm a Brit so didn't complain especially..... I also found there was some hard sell on the timeshare angle that we didn't get as paying guests the first time.
I won't stay again, and won't recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Iain A
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The resort grounds are nice. Plenty of pools, grills on site, fitness center, free wi-fi. The location is perfect! Close to all the attractions - SeaWorld and Aquatica are 5min away. Located on International drive, you're right by all the restaurants. Staff is super friendly and curtious. 15min from Downtown Disney and 10min from Universal Studios/Island of Adventures. The price was reasonable for the comfort. We had a king suite with jacuzzi in the room, as well as stand up shower and 2 sinks in the bathroom. There's a standard size refridgerator, stove, dining and living room with pull out sofa, so you can could sleep 4 comfortably. There's a golf course, tennis courts, activities for the children, multiple pools and restaurants inside the resort.
This is now the place we stay each time we visit Orlando.

Room Tip: Choose building 91 - you have a view and access of the smaller and quieter pool. there's also the golf course and lake view too.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple