Stayed Aug 26 - Sep 09 2011. 2nd Visit and has it changed! Firstly we stayed in Bldg 77 Costa Brava, 2 Bed Villa, 7544. 2 Adults and 2,19 year old boys.
A month prior to staying phoned the Marriott to confirm that the boys would have separate beds, was told no problem with the first week but may have to change suites for the 2nd week. Having exchanged with Interval this was down to the availability at that time. Nevertheless, was assured that they would try their best to get it sorted out prior to arrival. Unfortunately, when we arrived there was no record of my phone call but that they would do what they could at that time but could promise nothing. Thankfully when we phoned through to reception the night prior to the 2nd week commencing all had been sorted and we could remain in that villa.
Reading through the remainder of this review you could ask why we did not insist on changing villas. COCKROACHES!!! The very first morning we had a visit. Phoned through to reception they sent someone up to spray the room when we went out for the day. 2 days later we had another visit. Just got rid of it ourselves on this ocassion. A week later yep, got another visit. Not happy this time so phoned through again and the room was resprayed. Thankfully after that we had no further visits. Packing and then re-packing was just a bit of a hassle when we had a tight schedule of things we wanted to see and do.
The villas are extremely spacious and tastefully decorated, however the master bed did not have an awful lot of storage space for hanging clothes. Could have been cleaner too some food stains on furniture, peanuts under the TV cabinet and hair on floor in master bath. Not all the items on the inventory were present in the villa but not sure who checks that in any event. We were missing a cookie tray which would have proved useful on a couple of ocassions. Towels and tea towels were not all replaced when the cleaner came in mid stay.
Several changes have occurred since we last stayed. The lighthouse bar is now a sweetery. Never looked busy so don't know why its there. Can now sit down in the Pizza Hut, previously it was just take out. The Copa Loca bar is far better than it was on our first visit and there is a new bar area at the pool near Reception. Did not go to Nick's Grill so cannot comment on that.
The boys made use of the Gym and the Basketball court and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
The pool, spa pool and sauna were well used by all of us both first thing in the morning and late into the evening.
We did not take part in any of the organised activities so again cannot comment.
Location is ideal just off I-Drive.
Shame resort does not offer Park Shuttle service. However, if you do not have a car you can still manage to get around on Lynx bus and the trolley.
Used the concierge for some tickets they offer the same price as the discounted tickets at Orlando Visitor Centre on I-drive.
The grounds are extremely well mainted and the drive up is quite impressive. We have stayed at other locations in Orlando and even though we had the cockroach incidents on both ocassions would still stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Universal Orlando®, Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld®, this 164-acre resort features one- two- and three-bedroom Orlando golf villas and three championship golf courses. Villas overlook a scenic lake and feature spacious living and dining areas, full kitchens, washer/dryer, and a master suite with an oversized soaking tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott's Grande Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Grande Vista Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriott Grande Vista Orlando