“Weekend trip to UCF”

Ranked #30 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Sarasota
“Weekend trip to UCF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

After a recent stay at the Comfort Suites UCF, I wanted to recognize Deborah Pontes for her exceptional customer service.

It started at check in when she was able to accommodate our request for three rooms to be on the same floor.
Deborah also helped when we were choosing a restaurant. Her time discussing UCF`s Hospitality program was also very helpful.
With each transaction she showed professionalism, but it was the pleasure she showed in being able to help that made our stay at Comfort Suites by Choice Hotels a very positive experience. The hotel room comfort and cleanliness, the food buffet with 2 waffle stations and the entire staff were a good value, but it was Deborah`s positive attitude and warmth that made us all feel welcome.

As Blake is will start a 4 year program at UCF in the fall, we expect to be staying at your hotel again and again.

Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Deborah truly is fantastic and we are so proud of her, your comments were greatly appreciated by all of us and will undoubtedly continue to inspire all of our staff to be the best they can be! During your next visit please ask someone to find me so that I can personally meet you and your family and say thank you face to face. Our goal is to be your home away from home for the next few years, while any and all of your children get their degrees at UCF. If I or any of our staff can assist in anyway please don't hesitate to ask.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Check in was easy even after we asked to switch rooms after finding out our friends were on the 2nd floor - no problems. Cookies on check in - awesome! Bed - comfortable. Room - very clean. Breakfast - free and yummy. Pillows - ridiculous. They are about 10" by 10" each - yes you get 6 of them but seriously? Impossible to sleep on. I would have given it 5 stars if it weren't for the pillows. If I ever stay here again, I'll BMOP :o)

Room Tip: Just bring your own pillows and it'll be great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for the kind words expressed about or quality services. Our team takes pride in doing a great job and they appreicate uplifting comments about their efforts. We now have some firm pillows and some softer pillows on each bed ( & BIGGER) - a new Choice Brand Standard (for all Comfort Suites). Much of this is thanks to the people like yourself that have spoken up and said the small pillows must go. As a General Manager, I know I am glad for the new direction Comfort Suites has gone with their bedding and larger pillows.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Horrible bed, blankets and pillows so small that only children can use. The worst sleep ever trying to use these marshmallow sized things. Shower didn't drain either and the curtain wouldn't go across the stall. I'd rather pay more if it meant I could get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2012
Pillows have been changed, not just in our hotel but across the U.S. Choice Hotels International has changed the requirements for the pillows to be used in all Comfort Suites - YEAH! So thanks for your comments and we do hope that you try us again so that you can use our new pillows. They are not only a LOT Bigger but they now come in 2 types per room - some firm and some softer. I also want to personally apologize for any inconveniences you may have incurred during your.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

It is a pleasant surprise to be pampered in a value chain, like the Comfort Suites. The services exceeded my expectation and will gladly tell my colleagues to stay there whenever they are on business in Orlando.

The check in was seamless. The Customer Service Representative was friendly and helpful in getting me a room fast and in providing me with information about the surrounding area.

The bed is fairly comfortable, I would have preferred firmer pillows, but it did not really affect my sleep, I was just too tired to be bothered by it as the room is well unkept.

The room package come with free breakfast. The spread is simple, yet presentable. They do have a good choice of healthy foods available.

One lesson learnt about the location and the inconvenience if you are not driving in US. Cabs are expensive. Here are some indication: The location is about a 20-30 minutes drive from the airport. Taxi from airport to the hotel would cost about USD50. This hotel is away from the direction of Disney World. It will take USD90-100 for a taxi ride to Disney World.

If you plan to stay in this hotel and also plan to extend your stay to visit Disney World, a cost-sharing suggestion is not to do day trip but to spend at least one night in a Disney World Hotel. you will be able to take the Disney musical bus express from the airport to Disney World.

I have a wonderful experience in Orlando, it was made wonderful by people around me who extended their best services to make my stay a pleasant and Memorial Day

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Your kind evaluation of our services is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our entire staff. Our team enjoys going above and beyond expectations and everyone enjoys hearing they have done a good job - so thank you very much.
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I arrived at the hotel after midnight. We were exhausted from a long day of traveling. The night auditor met us with a smile and quickly had us in our room. The suite was beautiful and spacious. The decor was relaxing and the bed felt like heaven.
I left an item in the room and the staff quickly located it and mailed it to me.
I look forward to staying at this property again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Once a lady left $500 cash in her purse in the parking lot and one of our staff found it and returned it to her - our staff is very good at returning items left in guest rooms to customers and very honest which as a Manager makes me very proud of them! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments of our staff and hotel.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

After another visit to this well-run gem near the UCF campus, I wanted to comment that the staff of this property is one of the best I have encountered recently. As a frequent Choice property guest, you expect to have courteous, helpful, and friendly front desk people. But everyone I have encountered at this hotel has been great on both my visits here. From the GM, who I met at check-in to the housekeeping to the lady who was setting up the breakfast. All, were top rate.

I definitely will plan on returning when I go back to this area. Well done.

Room Tip: Great shopping and restaurants at Waterford Lakes shopping area just down the street and BBQ place n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
It is so encouraging to our staff to hear compliments about their performance, they work very hard and they truly are concerned about our customers. We all thank you very much for your kind words.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The service from this hotel was fantastic...you couldn't ask for a more customer focused establishment. My daughter had left some valuables in the room. When we arrived at the airport and realized they were missing, we contacted the hotel. We assumed they would ship the items to our home. Instead, thew hotel manager, knowing how valuable the items were, drove them to the airport to get them to us before our flight departed. I can't say enough about their friendliness and service. I weould recommend this hotel to any family member, especially parents traveling with their children for visiting/attenmding UCF.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Our entire staff thank you so very much for your wonderful comments. Our team goal is to exceed the expectations of our guest each and every day. We look forward to your next visit.