“So conveniently located!”

Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park
Ranked #28 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“So conveniently located!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My stay started out wonderfully being greeted by the receptionist (Alyssa). I was in town for the tool concert and it was a very nice comfortable hotel conviently located. The room was unforgettable with modern furnishings and free wifi. The experience ended with a delicious free hot breakfast. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Katesands
ComfortSuitesUCF, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
We're pleased that you've enjoyed your stay! The Team looks forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Just checked in, receptionist (Samantha) very friendly and ALL rooms are being renovated. We have a renovated room and it is EXCELLENT. Has flat screen TV, complimentary WiFi, desk with chair and separate sitting area with couch. Renovation is ongoing but should not be a problem. I would definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Lynn S
Thank you for recommending our location! I'm pleased to hear our team member, Samantha, delivered a warm and charming welcome at your check-in. We've completed our facility's upgrade and look forward to additional feedback upon your return!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days. The hotel is going through renovation at this time. Julie was very helpful and always has a smile. The breakfast was very good. The whole staff was courteous, professional and friendly. The rooms are clean and very nice for the price. The hotel is quite convenient.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive review and spotlighting our team member Jule! We are pleased to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us!
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The furnishings at this hotel are a bit old and it's housekeeping certainly not the best in the Choice Hotel Chain but as a business traveller one get's used to these things, somewhat. The carpet was stained and the sofa in my room ripped.  In the hallway the carpeting hadn't been vacuumed in several days. The location, however, worked for my business needs and there is a great restaurant across the street so I spent the night. What made my stay most unpleasant was the blatant lack of desire to provide quality customer care. My stay was full of small annoyances. The desk person wasn't aware how the Choice Hotel rewards program operates. I was put in a handicap access room which isn't bad if you can abide clothes hangers 2 feet off the floor and not having a counter in the bathroom. There was a truck blocking my car in when I was ready to leave in the morning, etc.... The point is that this hotel's staff is indifferent to their patron's comfort. I won't go back and I don't think they'll mind. It will be less work for them. You can do much better for the price at other hotels in the area

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank steverinsc
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
If you could try us again we would greatly appreciate it, we have completely renovated all of our guest rooms (completed mostly in Feb. of this year). We have all brand new carpet, new furniture, new sofa beds, new flat screen TVs. Please come see us again.
miami
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Beds comfortable, Free breakfast, USA Today and WSJ free. Rooms clean. I use the pool just about every time I stay here. Staff is one of friendliest and accomodating I have run across. Only drawback is band playing at restaurant across the street, that you can hear at night from one of the rooms facing the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Suite means 1/2 wall divider not separate rooms, at comfort suites, i like it because it divides sle...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesUCF, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
WSJ (Wall Street Journal) is another additional newspaper that Choice Hotels has decided we should provide for our customers - so glad that you enjoyed this amentity. Also would like to say thank you for your compliments about our staff and hotel.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed November 7, 2011

If you have business at UCF, this hotel is quite convenient. You will need a car as you cannot walk to much from here. The rooms are average, the TVs were quite old, and the breakfast is a bit below average. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for your comments. We are going through renovations starting in Jan. 2012 and should be done by late Feb. 2012.
Port Jefferson Station, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2011

then this Comfort Suites is the place for you. My wife and I spent 4 nights at the hotel while we were visiting with family near UCF. Hospitality, professional service, and congeniality were demonstrated by the hotel's staff from the moment we walked through the lobby until the morning that we left. Check-in was very quick and I was greeted and welcomed to the hotel. My room location, elevator locations, pool, fitness room, and breakfast information was provided at check-in. I requested a room on an upper floor on the poolside of the hotel (advice from earlier reviewers) and was assigned to Room 329...exactly where I requested. The room was well furnished, clean, and quite roomy. The BBQ place across the street was relatively quiet during the evenings that we were there so noise was not a problem. The A/C unit worked very well and was quiet. We had the pleasure of meeting Katie (breakfast attendant) during 2 mornings at breakfast. Her enthusiasm for hotel management and hospitality (her course of study at UCF) is very evident and this hotel is providing her (and other staff members) with the opportunity to put their course theory into practical action while earning a salary at the same time. An earlier reviewer commented on the honesty of the hotel's staff in locating his wife's lost pocketbook and making arrangements to return it to her. I also had an experience with the honesty of the hotel's staff: I typically leave a tip for housekeeping each morning when I go out of my room for the day. I take the room's notepad, write "For Housekeeping" across the notepad, and put my tip beneath the top page of the notepad. Usually, the housekeeper takes the tip from the notepad. That did not happen at this hotel. When I returned later in the day, the notepad was where I left it in the room, and the tip was still there. Other items that were on the table were rearranged, so I know the housekeeper saw the notepad but did not take the tip. The following day, I put the tip in the hotel envelope that was in the room's information booklet and yes, this time the tip was accepted by the housekeeper. Wow....talk about honesty and personal integrity! Even though the previous day's tip was obviously meant for the housekeeping staff, it wasn't removed unless it was in the hotel's envelope. Finally, my wife and I had a full day of driving on the morning that we checked out of the hotel at 4:40am. Noting that we would not be able to partake of the morning's hot breakfast (opens more than an hour after we left) Fred at the front desk, gave each of us a Grab&Go bag that contained an apple, fruit bar, pastry, and bottle of water. That was certainly appreciated three hours later that morning. Other nice elements of the hotel included a "Guest of the Day" recognition and Guest Appreciation Program on Tuesdays. We were not able to attend the GAP during our stay but it included pizza from a local eatery and beverages. I do have one recommendation- the fitness room's equipment is somewhat low-end and unsuitable for a thorough workout. Remove 2 of the 3 stationary bikes and the gazelle-like rider from the room and add a treadmill and elliptical. Both of these items are standard at any similar class of hotel. That one small item aside, this is a great place to stay and I will be back at the end of January to attend a family wedding in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John514
ComfortSuitesUCF, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
We're very pleased to read such a positive review! Our team is delighted that you had such a wonderful experience. Looking forward to your next stay!