“Didn't want to like it, but I did!”

Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area
Ranked #229 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
atlanta
“Didn't want to like it, but I did!”
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Just stayed for 2 nights last week. I read some reviews and went in with an eyebrow raised. Was welcomed late as weather delayed our arrival. The front desk attendant was very helpful and friendly!

Room was a nice size for two days. Comfortable bed, nice desk/couch/work area. Internet was free and very fast. I was looking for a comfortable room at the end of each long day and I most certainly got it! Even though it is off of a busy intersection, you coudl barely hear anything.

Breakfast was nice. Lots of options for meals and beverages.

Only area of opportunity (and I feel this way about a lot of hotels) - when you turn on the light in the bathroom, the fan comes on and it is a bit loud. But, hey, I got over it!

Will most certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Stayed here back in December 08 (but couldn't find this place on TripAdvisor for the longest time).

Clean, quiet and comfortable room. Internet in room worked fine. Also in biz center in lobby. Convenient location to UCF and the technology areas around it. About the only negative was the breakfast was a little steeply priced.

Could do a lot worse than this place for sure.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 1, 2008

After 3 other hotels this week, this bed was by far the most comfortable. The room was a suite, the living room area was much larger than a typical room.

The room was clean, the staff was friendly. The front desk has a 'market' which sells soft drinks, beer wine, snacks, even frozen dinners for the microwave. A basic breakfast buffet was available for a charge.

The coffee maker in the room confused me. It had no pot. Found out it is a 'by the cup' coffee maker.

The screen door to the patio was leaning against the back of the room. We had to keep the door closed to keep the frogs, lizards and bugs out of the first floor room.

Staff was available to bring extra bedding for the fold out at 11 pm.

The university is only minutes away. We attended a 'rock' concert there and were parked within 10 minutes of leaving the hotel.

Every imaginable chain restaurant is within minutes. Two large strip malls are adjacent to the hotel.

• Liked — Located near everything UCF
  • Disliked — Parking was limited but available.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 16, 2008

I stayed at this Courtyard for two nights in January when I traveled to Orlando for some meetings. I was a bit skeptical of this property based on the earlier reviews, but thankfully I found a standard Courtyard, clean and predictable. These accommodations are perfectly fine for a short business trip or a jaunt down to UCF for a game.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, and I had no issues during check-in. The room was a standard Courtyard room, and all of the fixtures and amenities are consistent with the current Courtyard offerings. The room was clean, the TV worked well, the internet was adequate, the shower had plenty of hot water, and the bed/bedding was very comfortable.

The only issues that I encountered with my room were concerning the A/C unit. The room had a slight musty odor, and having lived in Central Florida before, I recognized it as A/C mildew (very common in humid climates). The odor wasn't overpowering, just noticeable, and turning on the fan helped a bit.

I didn't use the pool or eat in the restaurant, but based on the accommodations alone, I'd stay here again on my next business trip.

• Liked — Clean and Quiet Room
  • Disliked — Musty Odors
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank DCBuffalo
Destin, FL
Reviewed May 9, 2007

I am a trainer for a major national bank, and travel at least 2 weeks per month, so I know business hotels. This Courtyard is one of the worst I have encountered.
Rooms were damp and dingy (I tried 2). Bathrooms had peeling caulk. Quilts were average at best. The pool itself was clean and nice, however the lounge chairs all seemed to have broken straps. Service for breakfast was virtually non-existant. One girl working each morning, trying to maintain the buffet and service the customers. She never had a chance. It went on like this for 5 days.
The worst part was the incompetence of the staff. There were many things that were simply unacceptable, however I'll share just one:
I was teaching a class to prepare employees to take the stockbrokers exam for a full week. My company pre-paid for 27 rooms with their corporate account. During the lunch break, I elected to go up to my room and read the newspaper. I was greeted with a blinking red light on my door as I swiped my key. After waiting for the very young front desk girl to come in from smoking her cigarette while sitting on a bench outside, I was told that somebody programmed the key wrong and that she was sorry. It was only the next morning when I learned that every single student had the same thing happend to them.
To make matters worse, after talking to the hotel salesperson who was my contact for the stay, the problem was not corrected and the same thing happened Tuesday and Wednesday!
There are so many hotels in Orlando, save your time and your money and go elsewhere

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — Staff, Location, Rooms, Beds, Service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Fsuga11
Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2006

We have family in this area and have stayed here a few times; most recently in May 2006. This is a very clean, comfortable hotel. The front desk employees are friendly and professional. The rooms and beds are very comfortable - the blackout drapes make it nice and dark. Our non-smoking room was completely odor-free. Had we not had to be somewhere in the morning we could have easily slept until mid-morning. The vanity area was a little small (only one person at a time) but for a few nights, we can put up with that.

• Stayed May 2006