“Exceptional..as Always (:”

Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area
Ranked #237 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We were delighted to find this Marriott accommodation on our 2nd trip to the Orlando area within a 3 month time frame.
With family living nearby, the 1st hotel was simply a 'Hot Mess'!
The staff at this Courtyard go OUT OF THEIR WAY to provide service that exceeds expectations.
They are friendly, helpful and earnestly appear interested in their guests' comfort.
We travel frequently so trust me when I say~ customer service counts TONS towards repeat business.
The location was simple to find..nearby all the attractIons we needed.
The decor is modern contemporary and up to date, clean as a whistle (matters to this
Mom), & our room appeared 'fresh'.
There is also a pool/spa area that looked inviting but we were too busy to check it out.
Courtyard pricing is always a solid bet on moderate scale; especially when traveling with kids or teens.
Personally, we always enjoy the BISTRO approach ~ so it works for our fam to get in/out quickly.
We are already looking forward to June when we will re-book this hotel again! Thanks Marriott for training staff/hiring staff with a can do attitude and SMILES ((:

• Stayed: April 2013
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

I am pleased to hear that you were delighted to find our location and are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of our property, I will be sure to pass your comments on to our training staff and look forward to having you as our guest again in June!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The lobby was nicely done as the Bistro. Marriott positions this brand mid level, above Fairfield and Springhill and most often we have been pleased. This property has been refurbished but rusty hinges remain in bathrooms, dated tile and dirty grout as well. Towels were thin and like sandpaper not as nice as typical Fairfield. No ice on first floor, so you are asked to go to the Bistro. After 5 minutes while she was serving customers I asked if she could break away and get some ice. I was asked to wait my turn. She's in a tough spot with multiple demands. Buy an ice machine, for goodness sake. Most troubling was dirty carpet, dirty AC unit, musty smell and the room needed a thorough deep -clean not even close to Marriott standards in my opinion. Better close by options to choose

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank J D
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new lobby. Our renovation is not yet completed, we are currently in the process of working on the next step- updating our rooms. Our housekeeping department takes cleanliness very seriously to ensure that your stay is enjoyable and clean. While we do have ice machines on our higher floors for the convenience of our guests, we do request our first floor guests to visit our associates for ice so that they may retrieve some from our new food service area. The way our first floor is set up, specifically with our bistro and lobby, was an important factor in making this decision. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in doing this and will be bringing this to the attention of our management team to address with our associates. Thank you for taking the time to alert us of your experience so that we can improve.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the last 6 years. I love Marriott, but this property overall is average. The lobby and bistro area are chic and comfortable. The lobby area is inviting for conducting meetings and cocktails. The meals are affordable. The location is excellent in close proximity to the campus of UCF and all the research park companies. The rooms are dated and just average. The last remodel was focused on the lobby area and they did a great job but the rooms were not addressed. The wall A/C cycles in and out, so if you are a light sleeper it could be a challenge. There are ample outlets. The staff was pleasant, but I did not receive my wakeup call the last day of my stay. I am glad I used that as a backup. A staff member should always be at the desk to welcome the guest. I noticed about half the time, no one was behind the front desk. The in-room coffee and complimentary coffee in the lobby is just average. Starbucks is offered in the bistro during dining hours.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ResortMike
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our new lobby and were satisfied with our bistro. I do apologize for the inaccuracy of your wake-up call and have brought your experiences during your stay with us to the attention of our management team so that we may address any operational errors that had taken place during your stay. We hope we have the chance to have you once again as our guest so that we may "wow" you.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

For 139 dollars you would expect a breakfast, think again, so try to get breakfast before 7 am on weekend , once again think again. This is a older hotel lobby revamped 2005,but halls smell, and room musty, bed sank to the floir and I am not a big guy. JUST NOT WORTH IT, LOOK FOR HOMEWOOD SUITES A MUCH BETTER DEAL. IF YOU aRE GOING TO JACK UP YOUR PRICES FOR ODYSSEY IF THE MIND COMPETITION THAN AT LEAST PROVIDE A EARLY BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

While we are pleased to hear that our location at the entrance of UCF was perfect for your needs, it seems that our "refreshing business" model was not for you. We do offer fast casual, fresh food options in our Bistro during set hours on any day of the week, however these are not complimentary. As for our lobby being revamped, the "Courtyard Refreshing Business" program did not begin until 2008 and our lobby was completed last year in 2012.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Staff were indeed very friendly, a highlight of the stay here. The swimming pool and spa were lovely. We had a decent meal at the little cafe onsite, although they had run out of sides and rather than telling us, served up the meal without, leaving us to ask about it and seek an alternative. I arrived after dark, and in spite of his local knowledge the taxi driver took me to the 2 other Marriotts nearby (both within a mile) before we finally arrived here! There was no obvious sign, and the address number 12000 was not easy to spot in the dark. Pretty confusing to situate that many in one area. The room was comfortable, but the lack of a fridge was a pain. Couldn't keep any food leftovers and milk (for tea and coffee) had to be kept cool in an icebucket. The location is incredibly handy for the university, and there are lots of great places to eat nearby. It's off the main arterial route (University Boulevard) so I found it nice and quiet (I was on the 4th floor). On a local note, I really enjoyed watching NASA TV while in Orlando. Would love to come back to Orlando, but I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff, amenities, and our location near the university, we are sorry to hear about your negative experience in our Bistro and that your taxi had such a difficult time in finding our hotel. We have discussed this occurrence with our Bistro staff to correct any operational errors.
For future reference, our King Suites are equipped with mini-refrigerators, however for those staying in our other rooms we do have mini-refrigerators available upon request, complimentary for the duration of your stay based upon availability. I hope that if you return to our area that we have another opportunity to "wow" you as our guest. If you do find yourself willing to give us another try feel free to contact us and we will be glad to connect you with taxi service whom we know knows the area well.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, your staff is great. There's just nothing special about this hotel or Courtyards in general. Its just a stripped down full service Marriott. The bistro breakfast is an interesting concept, but it takes too much time. It took me over 30 minutes for breakfast while the old buffet would only 15.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank HobartHank
Reviewed November 13, 2012

After booking online, I was pleased to have someone from this Marriott contact me regarding any special needs. Having recent knee surgery, he suggested a first floor room. It proved helpful. The hotel is located very near the UCF campus. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. While there is signage directly on University Blvd, it gets lost on a large sign shared with many other un-related business's. There is no signage at the entrance of the hotel, which is hidden behind a thick canopy of trees which made it less than easy to find. The check-in was quick and easy, the staff was prompt and cordial. The room appeared to be well appointed with fridge and microwave. Unfortunately, the room itself was musty and stale. I thought turning up the A/C would fix that, and it did to a degree. My daughters sinuses started going haywire. I didn't immediately connect the dots. Only after a later closer look, did I notice entire valance was covered with pea sized dust balls, as well as the upper walls. Shameful for a Marriott. I didn't realize how this would impact my daughter and myself, but it did ultimately make us ill. I'm sure had we requested another room, they would have been accommodating. Only afterwards did I resent the shoddy housekeeping. Since this is a Marriott property, I'm sure this will be rectified. I will be more careful next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family