“Clean, comfortable”

Ranked #227 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Horsens, Denmark
“Clean, comfortable”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Our corporate offices are close by, and there are a number of recommended hotels in the area. But I prefer this because it is clean, internet is free no matter how many devices you carry (yes, some hotels still have the gall to charge wireless service!), the staff are courteous and friendly and do not hassle you for tips, and breakfast is made to order, not sitting open in some buffet table. When you enter the rooms, they actually smell freshly cleaned. The downsides: make sure they do not put you in a room next to the ice maker because it can get noisy, there is no "rooom with a view", bottled drinks in the pantry are close to frozen.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have stayed here many times. I will be back. Hotel was quiet, clean, and pleasant. The hotel staff is professional and very personable. Very close to anything-food, candy, mall. New coffee shop is very nice.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Olemcdon
South Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have stayed at many of the hotel chains near UCF but this was the nicest and most comfortable so far in this category. Staff was very friendly & accommodating, renovated lobby is relaxing, Starbucks open late in lobby is great and room was spacious & comfortable. Location to UCF can't be beat & many dining choices within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville, florida
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Arrived without a reservation due to an unexpected situation and was very quickly accommodated. I was unable to get the room type I wanted but they had a conference staying there and, hey, I was the one who showed up unexpectedly.
I was given a room with 2 doubles for my husband and I. The room was immaculate, smelled good was neat clean and just fine. I was surprised that there was no safe in the room. We are Marriott rewards members and I just don't remember any of their hotels not having a safe. I didn't like that at all and didn't want to leave my iPad in the car while I was out at the meetings I was here for. In the end, no problems at all with my belongings.

I too am a hotel snob, but was quite happy here. I guess I haven't stayed at a courtyard in a long time because The Bistro was new to me. It was absolutely beautifully furnished with their color and pattern choices. The breakfast was very reasonably priced and evening "bar" hours offer drink specials as well.

The only thing I would have to comment on would be that I feel in this day and age it is really unreasonable to expect two adults to share a double bed. That being said, and realizing it is an industry standard and not isolated to Courtyard hotels, my husband and I "enjoyed" each having our own bed. I really am pretty sure most of the hotel frequenting population would agree with me.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room for the first time behind the stained glass door and actually quite liked i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KimC40
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here to take care of some business at UCF. This hotel's location is very close to UCF. I would stay here again. The room was very comfortable and clean. Before we stayed we asked for specifics on our room choice because we were traveling with our nephew. The specifics were not met and we were going to check out the next day. We decided to stay because it was just too much of a hassle to switch hotels and we were on limited schedule. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The pool area was nice. The main issue with this hotel was not getting the room we requested and lack of parking. I had to park at the student housing next door and had to walk in the grass and rain to get to my car. My feet were soaking wet. I was clearly unhappy about this. Also, we did not get the room we requested. We had called several hotels in the area and this was the only hotel that said they had the accommodations we were looking for but when we got there, it wasn't the case. Overall, though I would stay here again. It was clean and comfortable. The location is fabulous and area seems to be safe. I stay in this area frequently and prefer the hotel across the street.

Room Tip: You can request what you want and they will say it's available but that might not be true upon a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Julia S
New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Having stayed in various Courtyard/Marriot brand hotels and, being the hotel snobs we are, this particular Courtyard in east Orlando was typical in the way of cleanliness and comfort - one of the most AMAZING night's sleep we've had in a hotel - however the property itself was somewhat lacking. We stayed late May for 3 nights. Please don't allow that to disuade you from staying at this property - it is smack dab in the heart of everything in and around UFC, it is right within the living center of the off-campus housing, nearly across the street from the university. You cannot toss a stone from the parking lot without hitting a restaurant, pub or bar. The ride from the airport was smooth and easy, took about 30 minutes in the evening and under 40 minutes with mid-morning traffic. What the hotel lacks is a 'real' restaurant/bar - the lobby itself serves as a space-saving lobby, restaurant and bar where you can get 3 meals and a select drink (the Pinot Noir wasn't bad, not sure what the house brand was). Its very modern and comfortable. And small. But they realize as you should, too, that with the selection of eateries in the area (many within walking distance) a larger, more typical separate hotel lobby, restaurant and bar wouldn't see the patrons necessary to warrant the effort. That being said, the service here at Courtyard Orlando East UCF is outstanding. Greetings from the front desk duos upon entering and leaving, waitpersons handing out free rib samples (yum!!) and catering to your needs (or leaving you alone if that's what you prefer or need); the place is clean and the staff runs it efficiently.

The room was nicely appointed, the only complaint being that the very noisy fan in the bathroom needs a separate switch to turn it on and off, as every time the light switch is turned on, the fan comes on. You can always 'sit' in the dark with the door open (as we opted to do so as not to wake each other up during the night), as there is a light over the vanity outside of the bathroom. Not really a complaint, just a suggestion to lower the fan noise or supply an off switch.

The ONLY complaint: the staff used two rooms directly outside of our room on the 4th floor (presumably) for supplies, and the doors would slam shut. You have to expect when your room is near such an access point in the hotel, however, it would have been more courteous to the guests for the staff to close the doors rather than slam them shut.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and daughter as we were visiting UCF where my daughter will be going in the fall. This hotel is almost inside UCF. They just finished a major renovation in the lobby which by the way looks very nice. The front desk staff was courteous and professional. We had a room on the fourth floor very clean and roomy, I must say that they do need to make a couple of upgrades for one the towels looked like they need to be replaced also the a/c unit has seen better days. We had breakfast at the restaurant, food was good but not cheap. Another plus, my wife forgot something in the room after we checked out, she called the hotel back, they found the item and they will mail it to us, this gets them extra points in my book. Overall a very pleasant stay, and I have a feeling that in the next four ears this place will be seeing a lot of me.

Stayed April 2012