“Diverse menu and exotic theme-park atmosphere”

Mythos Restaurant at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Ranked #122 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Cross street: Universal Islands of Adventure
Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were at Universal Orlando in February, 2013 and we had dinner at Mythos, located in the Islands of Adventure park at UO. The interior design is seemingly carved out of swirling sandstone and lit with exotic bowl-shaped lights. Mythos has a very interesting, diverse menu, surprisingly so for a resturant in a theme park. Our party had a nice selection of wines which everyone really liked. We had main dishes including Risotto with Steak and Shrimp, done perfectly in a light tomato-based sauce, Pad Thai as good as any in any Thai restaurant we've been in, Truffle Mushroom Ravioli in a cream sauce with white beans which my wife thought was very good, and even a creative turn on Meatloaf done with pork and mushrooms. The staff was attentive withour being intrusive, and we met the manager who was very nice and clearly invested in running a high quality restaurant and not just extending a theme park feel. A surprise for us, and we were delighted by how much we enjoyed Mythos.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our family truly enjoyed this $8,000,000 wonder. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced. The atmosphere was amazing and our waiter was a genuine pleasure. Can hardly wait to next year so that we can go again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We made a reservation at Mythos based upon the reviews on tripadvisor. The design of the building was unique. We enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant. However, the food did not equal the unique appeal of the building. My husband ordered the steak and mushroom panini. He was told the panini had already been prepared, therefore no modifications were possible. Strike one..
I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich. The chicken was lukewarm at best. I notified the manager. The sandwich was taken off the bill. The one item which was a hit was he kid's fruit slush. The kid's pizza and chicken tenders were again mediocre.
The waiter and manager were very attentive and pleasant. However, we will not return. The meal was too costly for mediocre food.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Michael, the manager, went above and beyond. From taking my reservation to his attentiveness and remembering my name. He made it a very pleasant experience. Our server, Heather was also great.
I had bistro filet and my son had kids pizza. Both were very good. Was also quick and very reasonably priced for what you get. Great experience and of course a nice atmosphere as well.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Mythos is not only the best park restaurant, but its also one of the best restaurants we've ever been to. The food, service, and atmosphere were spectacular. My wife had the Pad Tai, and I had the Mahi-Mahi, and both were wonderful. Reservations are nearly impossible to come by for dinner, so get there early for lunch and you might be able to wait for a table on a slower day.