“GREAT hotel, super friendly staff, tremendous value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando UCF
Ranked #195 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Hurricane, West Virginia
“GREAT hotel, super friendly staff, tremendous value”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I was in the east Orlando area to take a class, and was looking for a hotel that offered a fitness room and a breakfast. I came upon the La Quinta UCF and booking early and using a Home Depot discount code was able to get the room for a little over forty a night -- I've paid twice as much for a room half as good most times. The room was very large, the bed was great, the sheets very soft and comfortable. The location was in a business park , but set among trees and very quiet, and being next to the UCF campus, I was able to take my daily jog all around the beautiful campus of the school. Most impressive was the wonderful and friendly desk people, who were always happy and eager to be of service. I can't say enough about how pleasant my stay was -- and it would be a bargain at twice the price!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed January 5, 2011

This is not a bad hotel. We stayed here over New Years Eve. The rooms and lobby are pretty outdated but nevertheless, clean. We lucked out and got put next to a family of what 5 or 7 people!! Ha. Pretty loud. New Years day we ran into a person who spent the night on a different floor who had a horrific noise experience. Unfortunately they were next to a bunch of college students who thought they were in a dorm hall, leaving their doors open all night and being extremely loud. I guess you can't expect much on New Years eve for the rates they were charging.

I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and just need a clean place to crash.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. We needed a place in our budget that accepted pets since we were going to be staying a few weeks. This hotel had it all. Breakfast, a gym, pool& hot tub. It felt safe, the rooms were great, the staff was amazing and I wish I could go back. It felt like home.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2010

First of all, I wonder if there is anyone else that thinks that It would be very appropriate to have a selection of just "Spouse".

As for the stay, it was a nice stay. My rate was high from looking at the other rates posted. The air conditioner was good but would not stay on throughout the night so it kept cycling on/off. The bathroom was roomy. I don't understand the two doors to the bathroom...seems to me that one dar would work just as well if not better.

The noise was minimal. The staff was very responsive. I have stayed here before and will again.

• Stayed June 2010
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My stay was certainly much better than the earlier reviews here. I stayed in a King suite for $64/night. That was an amazing deal considering the area.

Check-in was quick and easy. Came in, gave my name, checked me in, gave me a parking permit, done. Because I had to run, I checked in and left immediately and did not get back until night time. When I got back and checked out the room, it was terribly dirty. The trash from the last stay was still there, and the survey from the last visitor was still there on top of the television. I also smelled cigarettes because it was a smoking room. I did not ask for a non-smoking room but reception could have at least mentioned it. But it was already 1AM, and I had no choice but to stay. The sheets and bed were made and clean, so that was fine.

The next day I changed to a new room and it was much, much better from there on. Very clean, smelled great, toiletries were all there. My floor was quiet, there was no noise from the surrounding rooms or the hallways. I read all the reviews with pets staying at the hotel and I expected to hear a lot of barking, but I did not. The AC was a bit on the loud side, but I'm just nitpicking, now. For the price, it was a great deal and very comfortable stay.

The first day was definitely no good, but it was my fault that I didn't check the room out first.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed June 19, 2010

A nice secluded hotel in an otherwise bustling area. A cordial staff and clean well appointed rooms make this a great place to stay, especially if you are visiting at The University of Central Florida, which is adjacent to this location. Just check out the amenities list. The only thing we would have appreciated that wasn't there was a mini-fridge. Beds are comfortable and a/c is great. To paraphrase Arnold in 'The Terminator', "we'll be back"!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Mounds View, Minnesota
Reviewed June 17, 2010

This La Quinta had large rooms. It was very neat, clean andcomfy. The room was classier than most motels in this price range. We were very impressed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple