“Nothing Special”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando UCF
Ranked #204 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This La Quinta is nothing special, but most La Qunitas aren't. The staff is friendly. The breakfast is really bare-bones, but it is free. The parking is also free and you will want a car (you can rent one on site). The closest place to eat is over a mile away. It's a $60 cab ride from the Orlando airport. They also still allow smoking here (major turn-off for me). The first three days I was here the only washer/dryer in the facility was broken. My AC was on the blink the whole time. The room would be meat-locker cold one minute and a sauna the next. If you have to stay in this area and you are looking to do it for $85/night, this is the place for you. If you can swing $130/night, there is a Courtyard about a mile away.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DHJ72

A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very convenient location and walking distance to UCF, where we dropped off our daughter for college. I think this hotel allows pets, because I heard a dog bark several times. The breakfast is nothing to write home about, but you get what you pay for, although I had better at a Holiday Inn Express for the same price. But hey, convenience was the key factor here, and overall they did a great job. Thanks La Quinta!

PS... yes, I would stay here again, and recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We tried to find a room in Orlando by the parks. NewYears Eve it was difficult. We can in town a day earlier than expected. This was out by 30 miles but the room was clean and we all slept well! After those two hours of driving around we were getting really tired!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Having stayed with LaQuinta UCF during the same time last year with just my husband we made the decision to stay again, this time with our adult daughter and her boyfriend.

Everything was pretty much the same. We needed a two bed suite along with a roll-away bed instead of a king suite. I will say that a downside to the 2 bed suite is that there is no fridge nor microwave.

Employees were friendly, room and bathroom were clean (the most important thing for me), no problems with housekeeping trying to get in before we left the room. We were allowed check in early and there were no problems with our bill. Breakfast was fine...standard continental breakfast with bagels, cereal, coffee, juices, muffins and make your own waffles.

It took us about 15-20 minutes to get from this hotel to Universal Studios.

For pictures of the queen suite and more details please see my previous review of this hotel, December 2012.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The room was clean and the beds are comfortable sheets and pillows are also good, the only thing I would knit pick on the shower it could definitely be better but it was fairly close to shopping center and the staff was awesome she placed me on the 5th floor since they allow pets and I have a allergic 3 year old so I thought that alone speaks for her I think her name was Carla!!! And the price was great too!!!Laundry available...Eventhough the double bed rooms don't have microwave nor mini fridge she offered the front desk fridge and the main lobby microwave!!!

Room Tip: 5th floor if pets are a concerns
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here the night before my graduation at Full Sail University. I was extremely impressed, and if I had to go back to Winter Park I would have zero hesitation is staying here again. The room was great, they allow a very early check-in (as early as 7am) and the continental breakfast was awesome. They have a waffle irons that create a wonderful aroma as you walk into the lobby. The smell takes me back to my mother's kitchen.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

This La Quinta is our stay of choice when we are visiting our daughter at UCF. That are always pleasant and extremely helpful. The continental breakfast is a great bonus also. The front desk staff is great with directions. No matter what time day or night you go to them there is always a smile and the best question of all. What can we help you with today. Excellent

Stayed: December 2013