“Know what you're getting”

Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
Ranked #241 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed in a two bed "suite." Calling this a "suite" is a liberal use of the word. It was really a two bed room with a full size refrigerator (nice), stove and microwave crammed into a corner. No room divider or full sized table. The room itself and bathroom were very nice and clean. Just don't expect a "suite"

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Intruder85
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Still, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your refrigerator and the cleanliness of your room. Please contact me, at ous2@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I book a week at this hotel, but ended checking out early due to ants. I had to change rooms three times due to tiny little ants in the room. There was a "fumigated" smell in this place too. My husband told me he killed a roach in the bathroom. It is an extended hotel, so being that there are kitchens I'm sure attracts critters. Breakfast in the morning is very simple, toast, bagels, and cereals. I'm not a breakfast person, I was hoping for a good cup of coffee, but the coffee was awful, it looked like dirty water. Girls at the front desk were excellent and tried to be as accommodating as possible. This hotel is good if you just want a clean bed to sleep after a long day at the parks.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank SweetPeaMami
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are sorry to hear about your experience during your stay with us. We are working with our pest control vendor to address the issue, to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean bed and that our staff provided you with superior service.

Thank you again for the feedback you provided; it will help us to continually improve our hotel. Please contact us, at ous2extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Me: "Hello, I was wondering if I could have some clothes hangers for my closet" I asked at the front desk.

Response: "How many do you need?"

Me: I thought of how I packed for my week long stay - with some golf and an occasional midday changes planned, and how my friend had done the same in our two-twin room - and asked "Could I please have 12 hangers" (shirts and golf pants for 2 would be covered) ?

Response: "I can give you 2."

Me: " ... "

Response: " ... "

Me: "Ma'am, you do know I am staying at, and you are working for an E.x.t.e.n.d.e.d. Stay hotel? ... Where the patrons could quite possibly be residing here for and packed for an extended amount of time?"

Response: "..."

Me: "..."

Response: "I can give you 2."

Me: "... ... ... ... ... ... may I speak to the manager?"

Response: "She's not here right now."

... I left my name for the manager, took my 2 hangers and departed.

For fun I called the other Extended Stay America - directly across the street (but under different management) - and asked them for some hangers...

Me: "Hi could I have 12 hangers please."

Response: "Sure, what room?"

She and I had a good laugh when I explained my experience and reason for calling.

My lesson learned: From now on I'm just asking for a refund and leaving after experiences like this.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank DinoNucci

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am so disappointed to hear that my staff did not meet your needs. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I will be coaching my team to better accommodate our guests in a polite and friendly manner. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at ous2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

It's a good hotel but expensive, maybe because of it's location near Universal Studios. But don't expect too much. It's a normal hotel with the only difference that has a small kitchen. The problem is that this kitchen is inside the room without separation from the beds so anything you cook your bedroom will absorbe the smell....

Room Tip: There's no swimming pool. No restaurant, they just have a pick up breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank gapugliese
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are glad that you had a comfortable, convenient stay; however, we are sorry to read that you did not find our hotel to be a good value. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review. Please contact us, at ous2@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was traveling with my two children for the week to Universal, so I was looking for a hotel that was close to the parks and places to eat. I chose this hotel but was skeptical, however when I checked in I was immediately surprised. The hotel is literally within walking distance to Universal. There is plenty of places to eat, Wendy, Sizzler, and Golden Corral which are all reasonable. The hotel has two soft comfortable bed, a big bathroom, and a full size fridge. Traveling with kids, this is the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review of your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that our location, as well as, the comfort of our rooms and fully equipped kitchens left you completely satisfied.

We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in Orlando for Universal Studios and stayed here for 3 nights. It was so inexpensive but was super clean and pretty quiet. The room had a great kitchen area and had everything we needed. The website said they didn't have toiletries but they were in our room and you could also request some at the front desk. It was within walking distance to Universal (1-1.5 miles) with sidewalks the whole way so we didn't bring a car and the major airport shuttles go to this hotel for drop off and pick up! Really made our whole stay so easy!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Located close to Universal Studios with a Lynx and I-Trolley stop just outside the hotel.You can walk to Universal Studios from the hotel however we opted to take the Lynx bus which costs only $2 per trip. We used the bus to Disney as well which took between 2-3 hours to get there.So if you planning on spending more time at Disney then you should look for a hotel closer to Disney.However we spent most of our time on I-drive and surrounding areas so the location was convenient. The room was spacious, comfortable bed. Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and aircon in room.Kitchenette was adequate for our needs. It was fairly clean. On arrival we asked for the room to be re-cleaned as it was not done properly and they did so as well as gave us 1 free full housekeeping service.Breakfast was muffins,bagels,cereal, coffee, juice and fruit.Basic but sufficient for the morning before heading out.Free in room wi-fi was great. A self service laundy is available on the ground floor. It can be busy at night but early morning was quiet. Took about 1 hour to wash and dry a load.Just a few minutes walk up the road from the hotel on the opposite side, next to the Holiday Inn is a restaurant called Wendys.Food is great and at a good price. Also on the street behind the hotel(you can get there by cutting accross the parking lot just up the road) there's a Walgreens,Starbucks,Burger King and some other restaurants.Walgreens and Burger King are open 24 hours.That was helpful as we returned from Disney close to mid night. The staff at the hotel were not vey knowledgeable about the area and were unable to answer any of our questions. We arrived at the hotel around 1am and check in was quick and easy. We stayed for 10 nights and it's a great base from which to explore the main tourist attractions. If you're looking for accommodation that will cover your basic needs but nothing fancy then this will be a great choice. The bus and trolly stops right outside coupled with the restaurants a few steps away makes it a perfect choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple