“The most reasonable rate ever and close to Universal Studios”

Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
Ranked #221 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Philippines
“The most reasonable rate ever and close to Universal Studios”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We booked this hotel for its very reasonable rate and proximity to Universal Studios. As printed in its ad, we received only once-a-week housekeeping service. However, the neatness of the hotel, spacious rooms and bath, comfy beds, well-appointed kitchenette, and variety in breakfast fare more than made up for the lack of “pampering” that one gets from the daily cleaning service that one gets used to from other hotels. I was also quite delighted by its fully appointed laundry room. With plenty of machines and dryers to work on, we didn’t waste precious time cueing for our turn and the wide table stationed there allowed us to comfortably sort/fold our freshly washed clothes!

The hotel is far from convenience stores so if you plan to stay longer than one night at this hotel, make sure to bring along your own shampoo, soap and toilet paper. Except for Arlene, the very nice receptionist who always welcomed and served us well as paying international guests, the others at the front desk unwittingly made us feel like lowly beggars every time we asked for replenishment of these amenities (we never received this kind of treatment elsewhere). Also, if you plan to use the kitchenette, bring your own dishwashing liquid and plate scrub. Tip: when you go down for breakfast, bring along your soiled towels and the hotel will replace it with fresh ones.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank yencara2
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this review, June 13, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with our location, rates and our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your spacious, comfortable room and our laundry facilities during your stay with us. Still, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure this does not continue in the future.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed at this location for about 9 nights, over three stays, in three different rooms.
Fast, friendly checkin.
My rooms were always so clean and neat that you would think that you were the first person to have ever stayed in that room!
For some reason, some room have much more counter space next to the sink than other rooms.
Beds are a bit firm, but comfortable. Sheets are not luxurious, but ok. Pillows are super soft - if you like a firmer pillow, bring your own... even stacking the three pillows on top of each other still results in a super soft pillow.
The towels and washclothes and thin, but they work.
Air conditioner was a little loud every time it cycled on, but I solved that problem by cooling the room way down before going to sleep and then turning the unit off. This was a problem in all three rooms I stayed in.
Breakfast is basic: bagels (some days fresh, some days "previously fresh"). Apple, cranberry, and orange juice (some days, the apple juice tasted like apple juice, some days it only "looked" like apple juice, but definately tasted like water). Mini-muffins, some cereals, coffee, milk, bread for toasting.
Be advised that this location does not have a "business center" - there is no computer available for the public to use. There is wireless internet available in all rooms for free. (Faster speeds available for extra charge, although I never found it necessary to pay for faster access).
There is no pool or exercise room.
Overall, a basic room (admittedly with a full-size refrigerator, two burner stove, and microwave), but very clean and quiet. Very close to Universal, down the street from several restaurants.
Make sure that you go to the correct Extended Stay America! There are two separate locations just down the street from each other. Double check the address of which one your reservation is at! The clerk at the front desk told me that multiple people every day accidentally go to the wrong one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank tvphotog1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for posting such a positive review of our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the level of cleanliness in your room and our hotel's location. As for the grab-and-go breakfast and beds, we will keep your feedback in mind. These offerings are continuously being improved based on feedback from our guests.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Midwesterner007
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have allergies, but have had no problems staying in a pet-friendly hotel. The problem is that, unlike other hotels, this hotel doesn't have specific rooms it uses for pets.

When I tried to sleep, I had an immediate and severe allergic reaction and ended up being treated at a local hospital.

And, it wasn't a good thing that there was no information around as to where the hospitals were. There is no front desk attendant after 11pm and I had to call 911 to try to find out where it was.

Lucky to have made it through this stay and still being treated for it.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Midwesterner007
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that your allergies acted up while staying at our hotel. Please know, we do have specific rooms for guests with pets to stay in. I am sorry if this was not communicated to you properly at check-in and will work with the staff to ensure it is moving forward. Still, we will work to clean these rooms even better, so that they do not affect our other guest rooms in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ous@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Very close to Universal Studios, lot of fast food places around and shopping mall isn't far. Very clean and staff is friendly. Our stay did not have house keeping, but we could get fresh towels anytime. Breakfast had the basics. I have already recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Natalia S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, your clean room and our friendly staff. Still, I apologize if our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

First off, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and tidy when I checked in. When I stay at some places that have late night key card security, it rarely is functional, which means I see people wandering in and out of some hotels all hours. The Extended Stay's security was top notch. Overall, a great and economical place to stay. I will use it again when I come back in October!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights with my family. There are 2 extended stay right next to each other. We stayed at 5620 Major blvd. Unfortunately I have nothing great to write about this hotel. After every tiring theme park outing, we would go there just to sleep.

I had several issues and none were resolved during my 6 night stay.

(a). As soon as air conditioning was turned on, there was an odor of seafood. Me and my family being vegetarian, we just couldnt stand it. Called desk immdly and never got resolved till I checked out. No alternate room was provided. Never used airconditioning during my entire stay. It was hard to sleep each night after tiring theme park visits.

(b) out of 6 days, toilet got clogged 3 times (11pm, 6am and once just before checkout at 11.30pm). Called desk and Mellisa asked us to come over, pickup the suction and do it ourselves ... what ?? I was very upset and after several calls, she came over and got it fixed. I sympathize her situation too as there are no 24 hrs facilities support onsite.

(c) bathroom door lock is broken. Never got fixed as they had to replace the entire unit.

(d) breakfast: mini muffin's are severed which is ok. When I took 4 muffin's, one of the staff told me, not to take 4 as they will run short for other customers.

(e) no laundry basket provided in the room ; not a big deal but thought will mention this for long term guests.

(f) no business center to print boarding pass, theme park tickets etc., being in Orlando, these are basic essential service I would expect from any basic hotel.

(g) elevator was broken for 3 days (5/20, 5/21 and 5/22). No backup elevator. So bit of a challenge for us carrying down our 50lbs baggage (international travel). No staff was available to help us bring the luggage to the lobby.

Room Tip: I heard the other extended stay is better than this one with swimming pool etc., try it out. Me bein...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Trajet T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Trajet - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the multiple issues you experienced during your recent stay with us including the broken elevator, the smell from the A/C unit as well as the toilet and the bathroom door not working properly. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed these issues with my front desk and maintenance personnel and we are working to correct them.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact me, at ous@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

The room was amazing and everything started out great. We called for a Cab and front desk contacted a Private Taxi. An unmarked car. The Private taxi charges 3 times more to cross the street to Citywalk. He pays the front desk commission for recommending him. Don't get into the car they will try and tell you that a cab takes longer. There are so many cabs around that area that it doesn't make sense. You can get a cab in less than 10 minutes. Don't let them trick you!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank deidretravelsbest
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am happy you found your room to be so amazing; however, I'm so disappointed about your experience with the taxi. Please accept my apology. In response, I am training the staff to utilize taxi companies that are more affordable moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ous@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.